Ratings for Dr. Derek Grundy

I have been a patient here for over 20 years. The office is very lovely, staff are well trained and courteous, Dr.'s are excellent, very caring and professional. I can't say enough good things about this office. I've read some of the reviews below and enquired about them. Apparently the radios get disinfected between patients and as far as the different prices for the "same thing" done, it depends on the size and area of the tooth that is being filled. You would pay more for a larger filling than a smaller one. I would never go to another office, I would recommend Grundy Family Dental Care to everyone!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2011

I went to grudys office as a child/teen. They constantly tried to find new things to do. When I left them in 2004 they said I had 6 cavities that needed filling. After having 6 filled. I went to another dentist for second opinion found out I had one minor cavity that didn't need to be filled yet. I went back his last month , was told I need 11 teeth filled than made an appintment for multiple fillings. Went in ended up only getting one cause the dentist couldn't find more than one on one side that needed fixed. Its been over a week and I still am having issues with my face and the new filling. (I have wounds I can see my jaw through,facial numbness and loss of mobility) I want to call and say I'm having issues but I know I will be charged for an appointment that I cannot afford. Atleast I can say they are all quite friendly and make sure your as confortable as possible during the procedure.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2017

Dr Grundy was amazing as always. He is very gentle in his treatments and that is why I have been going to him for 26+ years.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

I have known Dr. Grundy for many years and he is number 1 in my books. He is an excellent dentist, runs a very organized office and his staff really care about his patients.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

Well done staff. Dr G is kind and gentle with a great disposition. Felt very confidant.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2016

I was so nervous of the dentist and hadn't been in years. After going to the office and being given the options for sedation and treated with such care, I have a new outlook on dentistry. Thank you!!!!!!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

Went to a specific dentist my whole life with the Dr saying I have no options for teeth whitening except veneers. Called grundy and they booked me in for a FREE consult which included impressions. I now have an appt with him for snap on smile . So when I read he's all about the money is not true in some cases he could have easily said my only option is 1000 bucks a tooth veneer instead of 1200 for a whole new smile . I have now transferred dentists.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

Exhausted our very generous supplemental insurance with extra charges and frequent unnecessary appointments. Absolutely NOT recommended.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2013

I have been going here for several years now,have found them always wanting to upsell & usually get the work done that they tell me anyone in our family needs last year noticed that they were trying to tell me my daughter needed a filling in a tooth that was just done 6 mths previous.I complained and it was done at $0,this time Im told she needed 2 fillings so booked her in to get them done after school & she was meeting me after it was done.she was going to pay for my portion thankfully their system wasnt telling them the amount, still havent been told what I owe but I looked online at my benefits & they were billed for 5 fillings..I was told she needed 2 & only booked her for 2.when I called them on this I was told my 16yr old gave authorization which they didnt ask her anything, then complained & was told she would look into it, then called 2 weeks later and was told I had to pay that a 16yr old can authorize work..filed complaint w dental association and going to different dentist

flag | Submitted March 19, 2013

it is all about upselling you on whatever costs the most. Not a nice man

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

Dr. Derek Grundy's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Top Hospitals in Hanover, ON

Request an Appointment

Please complete this form to request an appointment