Ratings for Dr. Felipe Edora

It is a big challenge for me to get time off from work to see the doctor. I called to make an appointment for several health concerns. It was difficult to find the time to do this. When confronted with the "one issue per appointment" rule, I was more than frustrated. It would be another month or two before I can come back. How do I prioritize what is more of a medical concern when selecting my issue. Surely this is the doctor's job and not the patient? My question to this doctor is - what is your objective? To do a good job with each patient you see or to see as many patients as possible? Maybe billing for the maximum number of appointments per day is the goal, but is is ethical? https://www.cpso.on.ca/uploadedFiles/members/resources/practicepartner/patientsafety/patientsafetyarticles/safety-1issue_1_2011.pdf

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Dr. Edora is professional and has a very personable manner. I have only had good advice regarding my health.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2013

In my opinion Dr Edora is unaware when he is beyond his scope of practice....this could have some fairly dire results.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2012

Papsmear reported abnormalities so I went for a colposcopy. Was repeatedly told that I did not have HPV and also that I would not have to go for a repeat pap smear as they had found I didn't have HPV. Got a call 6months later saying I had to go back in for a repeat papsmear. Went back in today and was told that I definately had HPV. I was shocked and didn't ask very many questions. Dr Edora answered my few questions shortly and the little information he did give I have now found to be inaccurate. He made no attempt to have any sort of dialogue with me about what this means for me, or for my partner or sex life which should've definately happened especially since I'm pretty young and the whole topic is rather uncomfortable to me. I was forced to go home and research this subject by myself but still have questions even after researching the topic that I wish he would have gone over with me... I am very upset...

flag | Submitted January 10, 2012

Have been a patient for a number of years but am now looking for a new doctor. I'm very disappointed to say that Dr Edora has become disinterested, ambivalent, and does not seem into his job anymore. I strongly suggest that you find someone else to manage your health care.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2011

Dr. Edora is an excellent doctor and I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2011

Dr. Edora is an excellent doctor; he is an active listener and communicates very well. (Also, keep in mind that some people who post to this service will always have an axe to grind no matter what kind of service they get.)

flag | Submitted September 9, 2010

Dr. Edora has been my GP for over 6 years. He has always been warm and friendly and shown a sense of humour during my visits to him. He listens to my concerns and questions and discusses them with me. Even though he has a busy practice, I've been able to get in to see him at short notice when I've really needed to. The office staff is always helpful and friendly as well as having great senses of humour that make waiting easy. The entire office has a light-hearted, happy feel about it that almost makes me look forward to visits to my doctor!

flag | Submitted September 8, 2010

Great doctor, very professional and caring. He was a few minutes late but otherwise I consider that on time too. I have no complaints and very happy to have him as my Doctor.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2010

Dr Edora does not seem particularly interested. I went in for annual check up and had a pap smear. That's it. No blood pressure check, breast exam, anything else. On a few other occasions, I was referred directly to a specialist. No diagnostic tests/x-rays were ordered first. So I waited a few months to see the specialist who then ordered x-rays before he was able to do anything. When I saw Dr Edora following the visit to the specialist, he never once asked how things went or if the problem was resolved.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2009