Ratings for Dr. Robert M. Cain

I was actually very surprised to see him as number 4 my experience with him was very unacceptable when I went in they did some tests and the gal that did the test so she was terrible as far as manners and when she did the tests for carpal tunnel and neuropathy, it was pretty painful, she told me to suck it up. Dr. Cain came in and told my wife it was time to trade me in, i gave him a piece of my mind because i was already agitated by his nurse, and went to another doctor.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

Dr. Cain was rude, arrogant, and abusive, He totally misdiagnosed my illness, After months of seeing him, he refused to do the tests needed to get a correct diagnosis. He had me in tears at every office visit, and even had the audacity to tell me and my husband that I was faking my symptoms and pain! My husband got pretty forceful with him until finally the tests were done on my brain that showed I was, in fact, having seizures that were causing my violent headaches and jerking body movements. Dr. Cain never apologized. We just switched doctors. We should have sued him for malpractice, but I just never wanted anything to do with him ever again!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Cain for the past 3 years and have been very pleased with my care. As a nurse practitioner with over 30 years of experience, I am very sensitive to my health care provider having excellent medical skills and great "bedside manner." Dr. Cain rates 5 stars in both categories.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

Saw Dr.Cain over 20 years ago and he said, and I quote "it's all in your head" referring to my back pain. What a douche! For 20 years I have been treated for L5 Disc Syndrome. Three months ago I had a discetomy at L5-S1 due to rupture. Sure - its all in my head. I do not trust him

flag | Submitted August 28, 2013

I think some of the poor reviews of Dr. Cain are a bit unfair. He had a very to the point attitude, but he was in no way mean spirited or dismissive. I've had an injury for 6+ months; he spent more time with me than any doctor has so far in my treatment. He even took the time to give me a second opinion on some MRI's. I never felt rushed. He was very kind and thorough. Would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2013

I went to Dr. Cain from around 2004-2008, while I was in college. He was amazing. He was the first neurologist to ever care about my well being and remember me when I came into his office. I really felt like a member of his family. His personality is very straight forward, but I like that. I miss him all the time but I am glad I was given the opportunity to see what a great neuro should be like. Now I expect nothing less...though it is not easy to find someone as great as he is. He put me on the right medication and took me off one I really shouldn't have been on. I cannot recommend him enough!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2013

As a longtime patient of Dr. Cain I can say he's the most thorough, patient, attentive, dignified, dedicated, knowledgable physician I know. He's not my first neurologist but will definitely be my last. Unlike most doctors he doesn't stick his head in a chart while rushing me through an exam. Looking directly into my eyes he discusses my health issues in full, every time. On one occasion he even went above & beyond when presented w/ a last minute issue, patiently going over all angles to inform me fully, addressing all my concerns. Never disrespectful, he's always warm & genuinely friendly. I came here to sing long overdue praise about one of the finest physicians in Austin so am dismayed to see 2 negative (connected) reviews, which on closer look, seem to stem from some instability or irrationality. All I can say (truly meant in the nicest possible way) is that I hope the couple in question get the mental help they clearly need. There's no validity or logic in their reviews at all.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2013

My wife has been seen well over a dozen times by Dr. Cain for a variety of reasons related to a traumatic brain injury she suffered the day after Xmas in 2005. I have been present on each of those occasions. On every occasion, Dr. Cain has been *very* helpful -- not only by providing excellent, reliable medical advice and treatment but also by enabling us too feel confident that she was/is in good and caring hands. Despite the fact that there are always several patients in his waiting room, Dr. Cain always takes as much time as necessary to assess her situation, explain it in terms we can understand, and provide the appropriate treatment and advice. We wouldn't have kept going to him for the past 7 years were he not both an outstanding doctor and an outstanding person.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2012

For 30 years I have benefited from Dr. Cain's superb care. He did more than treat my physical ailments, his compassion, insight, directness and caring always improved my psychological state as well. I have never known a better physician- in the widest sense- in my long life. He is not merely a highly qualified neurologist, but a genuine and generous healer as well. His energy, dedication and optimism are contagious. He has earned my wholehearted admiration and gratitude.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2012

Dr.Cain is ABUSIVE. I was the patient but my husband was in the room w/us. Not only was Cain rude and arrogant, also personally insulting. My husband was in his 70s at the time, but Dr. Cain demanded to know how an Ordained Methodist Minister could afford to live in West Lake Hills? [we're both retired Ph.Ds]. Cain saw my clipboard note that I'm now Hearing Impaired and must lip-read; but said "oh yeah, riiiight, suuure you are", was resentful that I asked ppl talk facing me. He purposely turned his head discussing his 'findings' w/my husband, refusing t/turn toward me. When he pointed to X-Ray, same thing. [Unknown to Cain, my husband was diagnosed w/Early Alzheimer's by t/VA]. Cain stood inches from me, but refused 2 talk 2 me, the patient! Even when I asked a question (re: my own brain!) he spoke only to my husband w/stock answer. Cain should have be hospitalized f/mental illness years ago. Egotistical, angry, immature. Hope the sicko abuser dies ASAP; burns in Hell forever. HA!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2012

Dr. Robert M. Cain's Credentials

• Ohio State University College Of Homeopathic Medicine (Grad. 1966)