Ratings for Dr. Randy Leifer

Dr. Leifer sends my boys to a specialist when he does not know how to help them. Unfortunately this happens all the time. I am not impressed with him. I stay because it is hard to find a doctor and my kids are healthy. I have to wait on the phone forever. The office won't pay for more staff so the receptionist is overwhelmed!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

I too live an hour away and while other care options are available much closer, I wouldn't go anywhere else. Dr. Leifer takes the time to find out your lifestyle, sports, and family needs and assesses practical treatments that are sensible and effective. He is extremely thorough and very proactive. His specialist network is very impressive particularly if you are active in sports. He doesn't just treat the patient but also looks at the impact on children and spouses. As quite an accomplished athlete in his right, his treatments allow you to return to your sport healthy and ready. I like that he is very respectful to the whole family. The entire staff at the clinic deliver modern medicine with a hometown feel. Dr. Leifer is well researched and well prepared for every appointment that I've had.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

I have had Dr. Leifer as my GP for 15 years now. I cant compliment him enough on how well I am treated. When needed he sets me up quickly with specialists, takes time to research my pains etc. and has shown me compassion over the loss of my dearest love. His observance of my health conditions is top notch. I live over 1 1/2 hours away and would not think to change Dr.s.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

Dr. Leifer is one of the best doctors I have been to. He has been my family dr for over 10 years. His referrals to specialists always get you to bypass the wait list and are always for the best specialists in the region. He is always knowledgable and spends time getting to know you. Is respectful and sensitive to my anxiety issues and always checks up on that on top of whatever main reason I was seeing him for.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

My husband and I have consistently the highest praise for Dr. Liefer. His referrals have always bee prompt and to the best specialists in our area, north of Toronto. He is very caring and shows his interest in our welfare, One should not judge integrity and medical knowledge from his relaxed-appearing manner. Quite the opposite with Dr. Liefer, as he is making observations of how and what we present to us so he can make a decision of how to proceed. I would rather wait 15 minutes than be rushed through without my concerns being thoughtfully considered. My husband and I were referred to two different cardiologists I think because our symptoms were quite different and he made the specialist selections based on our personal needs. He was able to get me an appointment almost immediately with the cardiologist whom I found out later had a 3 month waiting list for new patients. The gastroenterologist he recommended turned out to be one of the top in all of Toronto.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2011

Genuinely nice man, who tries to help his patients to the best of his abilities! I have had him as our Dr. for 10 yrs. now, and think he's doing the best job he can.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2011

don't really know this doctor but I was wondering if there is any rate the patients web site because alot of the secretaries would love the chance to put their names in here!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted May 26, 2011

Very helpful to us. We're able to discuss any concerns with him at most times we've needed to , he's kind and considerate and often goes out of his way to be helpful (to us). Not a walking encyclopedia of knowledge but he will find out anything that he doesn't know and follow-up.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2011

Very Useless doctor, Had him for the last 12 years, and to this date he hasn't done my first full medial which is supposed to happen every year. I have been in a lot of pain for the last 3 years waiting for him to get me a specialist, this never has happened even after bad CT and MRI results. I have found another family doctor but right now I have waited 5 months to get him to transfer MY medical records to my new doctor. I even went in person and asked for them, then went back and paid him $55 dollars so I could get my doctor, that was in January, to today my new doctor hasn't received any faxes or letters with my records. I had to go again and persuade his assistants to give me a photocopy of MY OWN RECORDS so that I can finally get my new doctor to help me find a specialist and get a full medical done. This doctor is in the wrong profession he always looks and acts like he is BORED, never has any energy and always looks like he is falling asleep. No professional etiquette at all!

flag | Submitted March 18, 2011

Listen to patient-nil, Bedside manner-nil, knowledge-ok, refer to specialist-good

flag | Submitted March 8, 2011