Ratings for Dr. Susan L. Lucak

Wish I had read these reviews before seeing her. I told my GP about my encounter with her, and she said that she would stop sending patients to Dr. Lucak. When I first met Dr. Lucak, I told her that I wanted to avoid meds and maybe find a solution to my constipation by changing diet or who knows what. She said that if I didnt want to take drugs, then I shouldnt go a doctor. She was unable to diagnose my problems and insisted that I should take anti-anxiety meds instead (like she did with so many others according to the reviews). I walked away, changed my diet (was taking too much fiber), and my problems disappeared.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2018

How can we write a review here? is it possible that one person write so many reviews here? are all the review valid? from a valid patients?

flag | Submitted February 26, 2018

I too wish I had read some of these reviews before seeing Susan Lucak. After performing a colonoscopy, diagnosing and then treating me, I was still enduring terrible, unrelenting pain after several weeks. When I called her to ask for help, she got accusatory, yelled at me and told me I had a back problem, and should "go see a back doctor." I didn't have a back problem. Subsequently, I saw a nutritionist, who immediately put me on a probiotic and some other supplements. Within two days the acute pain was gone.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2018

I so wish I had read these reviews prior to seeing Susan Lucak. Reiterating what has been previously written, she’s bossy, arrogant and combative. To make matters even worse, she’s also weirdly judgmental of her patients. And so to return the favor I have come to the conclusion that she is a classic bully. Also know this. I have been made aware that she routinely violates patient/doctor confidentiality by talking in detail about her patients’ work-ups and diagnoses without their permission, and she does this with mutual acquaintances. In other words, if you get referred, expect that she will discuss your case, in detail if she gets the chance, with the person from whom you got that referral. This is not only a violation of physician ethics this is also a violation of the law. She is a pox on this profession.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2017

Does not listen, makes mistakes. See someone else.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

I could not agree more with the other reviewers. Stay away from this nasty rude woman. After undergoing a colonoscopy she concluded my abdominal pain was psychological and I should seek a psychiatrist. The ironic thing is that both my husband and I felt that she was the one who needsed a psychiatrist. She definitely has some deep rooted mental problems going on. During our follow up appointment she shussed my husband when he tried to ask a question while she was speaking. She also refused to order any further testing and was basically no help at all. I had to find a new doctor who is trying to get to the bottom of my pain and has ordered the appropriate testing. STAY AWAY from Dr. Lucak !!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

The majority of the these reviews are SPOT on. Dr. Lucak is rude, condescending, and insists everything is psychological. She is curt and arrogant. I have been hospitalized 6x in less than 2 months and she strangely tried to shame me for having to take pain medication when transported (by ambulance) to the hospital and to manage severe flare ups while we determine why this is occurring (I'm talking like 3 or 4 times a month). She treated me like a drug-addict and an idiot, not someone who has been in extreme suffering for months and is proactively trying to find a solution. She recommended a prescription, but refused to write it for me and made me call my other doctor, who was appalled she "passed the buck" to him. FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR, preferably one with the ability to listen and empathize.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

Dr Lucak is fantastic. She has a great bedside manner and is very professional. I'd recommend her to anyone

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

During my first visit with Dr. Lucak she was controlling and arrogant. She lacked any trace of a sense of humor or of warmth. She did, however, insist that she would "find out what was wrong with me, help and take care of my predicament. During my second and final visit with Dr. Lucak it was clear she had no diagnosis for me, so she was throwing up her hands and suggested I seek out a psychiatrist who could prescribe anti-anxiety or anti-depression meds , as though that was the reason for my GI issues. She was abrupt, rude, nasty and cold. Interestingly, she mentioned more than once that I was making HER anxious while I was simply sitting there trying to take in her ranting. Perhaps she is the one who needs to be on anti-anxiety meds.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2015

Dr. Lucak's knowledge is limited to GI and if she can't find the answer, she acts as if the problem has to be psychological. Her bedside is non-existent; she's of the school that patients should shut up, listen, and obey.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

Dr. Susan L. Lucak's Credentials

• Albert Einstein College Of Medicine Of Yeshiva University (Grad. 1981)

HealthPartners