Dr. Ellen Anderson Penno

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Ellen Anderson Penno

Staff was friendly & efficient. The tech was very patient with me as I am a very fidgety patient (don't like anything near my eyes) Doctor Penno is obviously very well-trained & knowledgeable, but I appreciate that she didn't talk down to me while explaining what was going on with my eyesight.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2018

I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Penno, all of the staff were kind and helpful. I highly recommend her clinic.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2018

I was on time waited 2 hours no greeting or any appplogy , awful bedside manner total time with her under 5 minutes , lady who instilled drops in my eyes does not fit for this job , could not understood my medication and spilled drops on my face and said they bounced back

flag | Submitted October 25, 2018

I am very happy with my experience at Dr. Penno's clinic. The technicians were very friendly and attentive and Dr. Penno has a genuine passion for her work and helping her patients. I felt I was in the best hands and would recommend her any day.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2018

The pre-testing optometric assistants are quite rude. Shoving my elderly mother’s head against the machines without much thought to her actions. How unprofessional. The ophthalmologist is cold and quite short. It’s as if she cannot be bothered to spend more time than she feels necessary to address your concerns. Feels like a business, not medical care.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2018

I am very happy to have her as my ophthalmologist as I am a type I diabetic and am starting to have various eye problems. She is very friendly and professional and, most importantly, she is very knowledgeable and an excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Anderson Penno since I was 18 (I'm 25 now) for a chronic issue, and although I know my eyes will probably give me bigger issues in the future... I am so glad she is the one looking at them now

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

My optometrist was unable to diagnose a sudden and disturbing concern and referred me to Dr Penno. Her office saw me the same day. I think they understand and know eyes, and know a potential emergency. I highly recommend Dr Penno and her office staff.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

Dr. Anderson Penno is a wonderful Ophthalmologist. She reminds me very much of the doctors at the Mayo Clinic. She has great staff. She is very knowledgeable. Dr. Anderson Penno and her staff are always helpful. The office is very efficient and wait times are minimal. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2015

Dr.Penno is absolutely the most professional outfit in Calgary if you are considering any form of Laser Eye Surgery. I checked out several other doctors and by far felt the most confident going with her office. Two years later, I can say it was the right choice.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2013

Dr. Ellen Anderson Penno's Credentials

• English

• Mayo Clinic College of Medicine (Grad. 1996)
  • University of Minnesota (Grad. 1992)

• LASIK eye surgery

• Academy of Clinical Laboratory Physicians and Scientists, Young Investigator Award with Distinction

GHI