Ratings for Dr. Ellen Anderson Penno

I am very happy to have her as my ophthalmologist as I am a type I diabetic and am starting to have various eye problems. She is very friendly and professional and, most importantly, she is very knowledgeable and an excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Anderson Penno since I was 18 (I'm 25 now) for a chronic issue, and although I know my eyes will probably give me bigger issues in the future... I am so glad she is the one looking at them now

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

My optometrist was unable to diagnose a sudden and disturbing concern and referred me to Dr Penno. Her office saw me the same day. I think they understand and know eyes, and know a potential emergency. I highly recommend Dr Penno and her office staff.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

Dr. Anderson Penno is a wonderful Ophthalmologist. She reminds me very much of the doctors at the Mayo Clinic. She has great staff. She is very knowledgeable. Dr. Anderson Penno and her staff are always helpful. The office is very efficient and wait times are minimal. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2015

Dr.Penno is absolutely the most professional outfit in Calgary if you are considering any form of Laser Eye Surgery. I checked out several other doctors and by far felt the most confident going with her office. Two years later, I can say it was the right choice.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2013

I do not approve of a practice requiring patients to reschedule an appointment being less than 10 minutes late! I phoned in to let them know I was running late and was told I was the last appointment of the day and to reschedule. I like many people do not plan to be late and took time off work, paid for a cab with nothing to show for it. I take responsibility for being late, that is all on me. I can't support a practice (good Dr. or not) with such poor customer focus! I was not told I would be guaranteed no waiting and my appointment would start on time. I doubt they execute this policy consistently through out the day, turning away patients who are minutes late to provide us, the customer such a guarantee. I won't be going back to test out this theory that is for sure! Too many good Dr's to chose from to be treated this way. I think you, the reader deserve to be treated better too. We are all human and stuff happens in our busy days that can make us < 10 min late.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2013

Dr. Ellen Anderson Penno

Dr. Ellen Anderson Penno's response
As a general rule we make every effort to accommodate patients up to 15 minutes past their appointment time. A late appointment at the end of a day can occasionally be difficult to accommodate due to other scheduling constraints or commitments. There are some rare occasions (more often at the end of a day) when we may need to turn away late patients to honor the schedules of other patients and staff. Unfortunately, it sounds like you were one of the few in this circumstance. In these cases, we will promptly accommodate the next suitable time for an appointment and encourage patients to ask to speak to the office manager with any concerns.

Submitted January 8, 2015

Submitted May 17, 2012

Dr. Penno took time to explain my eye conditions to me. I found this helpful in understanding why additional testing was recommended.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2010

Incredible doctor!! I would recommend her to anyone! She did laser eye surgery for me and it was VERY successful. Her staff and her are extremely friendly and made you feel very relaxed during the whole procedure.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2010

Dr. Penno has given me advice about how to manage my glaucoma. I am very satisfied and would recommend her highly.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2010

Dr. Ellen Anderson Penno's Credentials

• English

• Mayo Clinic College of Medicine (Grad. 1996)
  • University of Minnesota (Grad. 1992)

• LASIK eye surgery

• Academy of Clinical Laboratory Physicians and Scientists, Young Investigator Award with Distinction