Ratings for Dr. Debra Butt

I've been a patient of Dr. Butt for over 15 years and I have to say, she's absolutely horrible. I've only kept her as my family doctor because its impossible to find one where I live, but I am actively looking for a new one because she's just so horrible. DO NOT use her as your family doctor. She is rushed, argumentative and refuses to listen to patient concerns. If you ask her for a sick note or time off work, she'll argue with you and make it seem like you're asking for something impossible. She cares about herself, not her patients.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2018

I have been a patient of Dr Butt for about 5 years and I found her very rushed and extremely late for all appointments. She doesn't demonstrate empathy. During a physical exam she became very annoyed and obstinate that I brought several issues to discuss. I thought this is what an annual exam was for... my mistake, I guess she just wants to complete her checklist and move on. Very impersonal experiences over the years. I'm glad to be changing my MD.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2018

I have been a patient of Dr. Butt's for about 7 years. Over time yes, her office has moved quite a few times, but I have always received mailed notices regarding moves. When I have called for appointments her answering system has a message giving the details of the current office location. Appointments have not been an issue for me, I am patient. I leave a voicemail and the receptionist calls back to arrange. While in office awaiting appointments I find the doctor generally be prompt. Sometimes you need to wait, but if she's tending to another patient - that's her job, right? I find her to be thorough and feel she listens to my concerns. Now - I have had two issues in the last 6 months. Once, my test results came back with a medical issue (non life threatening but something I should know about) and when I called her office for results I was told the tests were normal. At an appointment 4 months later regarding something else I found out the results of the other test. She said I should have been called to come in and discuss the results. But I was not. Glad it wasn't life threatening. Now I need an MRI and have been waiting 2 months to receive a call back about the appointment time. I know there can be long waits, but am concerned it has been overlooked.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2018

My experience with her was terrible. I went to her with a concern about anxiety and without properly diagnosing me, began to tell me I had an adjustment issue, not a mental health issue and proceeded to be quite unempathetic and condescending to my situation, not to mention she was extremely unfriendly. Absolutely the worst experience I have ever had with an MD and will never go back again.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2018

She likes to rush her patients and it's hard to book an appointment

flag | Submitted November 23, 2017

Very knowledgeable when prodded but lacks bedside manner and empathy. Does not assess thoroughly and is always in a rush. Not punctual at all, be prepared to wait. Impossible to get appointments and the office is often closed.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Butt's for years. She has moved often, but always with notice, and within a short geographical range. She does not over prescribe, nor dismiss concerns. While I dont need to go in often, when I do the office is running on time. When an appointment for a concern is needed quickly, but unavailable there is a team of doctors for walk in hours. This service has been amazing for non emergent but need to be seen sooner-than-later ailments.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

I find Dr. Butt to be a wonderful doctor and I'm not a staff member. I don't very much but when I do I find her very helpful. She does move offices a lot but her most recent office is quite nice.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

Dr. Butt is the worst MD anyone can have. She shows no empathy and understanding in my health issues. Their office always has different doctors. She's rude and her staff is rude too. I would not recommend anyone to see her.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2016

Dr Butt has been my doctor for 16 years. She is kind and knowledgeable, always has time to listen and explain things. I have complete faith in her and she has helped me through many serious medical problems. Her office has always contacted me when she moved offices and I have been happy to go wherever she goes.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016