Ratings for Dr. Joel D. Feinstein

I had been suffering with IBS [Irritable Bowel Syndrome] for several years and had been tested, treated, probed and medicated with very little effect. Dr. Feinstein was recommended to me and I made an appointment. I was impressed by my first encounter, he opened the door to the waiting room himself [not his nurse] and invited me into his office. We had a long conversation, and he recommended that I go on the low FODMAP diet. After three days on it, I was feeling better than I had in years. After about two weeks, at my next appointment, Dr. Feinstein guided me on how to conduct the re-introduction part of the FODMAP diet. I slowly introduced my regular food items and in a month I had figured out what and how much I could eat without a problem. No medication,and no tests were needed. It was amazing. Dr. Feinstein is the embodiment of what an excellent physician should be.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

Dr. Feinstein is amazing! I went to him with a family history of colon cancer, and severe constipation and stomach pains. I was very worried as to what was going on with my GI tract, and Dr. Feinstein helped eased my nerves. After an examination, he helped me understand was happening and guided me to the next step to getting and feeling better! What a difference it has been from when I began going to him. He is a brilliant doctor who is genuinely interested in helping his patients. Thank you, Dr. Feinstein!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

"Chivalry is not Dead!" The best analogy to describe the classic old school style of service Dr. Feinstein provides! Simply first class! Dr. Feinstein personally went over the Health Questions and made the entire experience human! He took meticulous care to learn about my health history and passionately shared his view on health preservation, "Use it, or Lose it!"..It was truly comforting that there are still Doctors out there Like Dr. Joel Feinstein that truly care and take the time to truly care about the health of their patients. I feel lucky to have found him!!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

Dr. Feinstein is the BEST! He is knowledgable and KIND. I was extremely nervous as it was my first colonoscopy and he not only noticed, but helped me stay calm by explaining EVERYTHING from how to prep,what to expect to and how long I would be there. The procedure was quick, the facility is professional and runs like clockwork. Everyone is nice as well as efficient. The nurses were fantastic! Overall an excellent experience!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

Dr. Feinstein met with me and took the time to understand my medical / family history prior to thoroughly explaining the colonoscopy process, preparation required and what I should expect following the procedure. He is very personable, friendly and knowledgeable. He put my mind completely at ease. I scheduled and had the procedure a couple weeks later. I must say, contrary to feedback I've gotten from others (who didn't have Dr. Feinstein as their Dr.), the entire process was a breeze: The prep was extremely simple (I didn't have to chug down a gallon of some gross concoction) and the actual procedure was really just a quick nap. Dr. Feinstein and all of the staff were phenomenal. If this is your first colonoscopy, Joel Feinstein is the doctor you should see.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2015

My wife is the patient;I accompanied her at the visit, which was her second one. She has laryngopharangeal reflux, which has been seriously degrading her quality of life. The doctor took a great deal of time in explaining what was going on and made a series of suggestions at the first visit that have greatly improved her condition. He is caring, clear in his explanations and reccomendations, unhuried, and upbeat. I am in my 70s and can state that without hesitation that both my wife and I feel that we have never had a more positive medical experience.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2014

Dr. Feinsstein is very thorough and takes a personal interest in his patients. He is direct and straight forward with his approach. He takes his time and you never feel hurried. I would recommend him without reservation.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2013

Dr. Feinstein is not only very knowledgeable, but he is also extremely kind and caring. He takes the time to learn about the patient and hear his/her concerns. He is truly in the business of helping and healing people. He is one of the best doctors I have come to know.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2013

Dr. Feinstein is an amazing Doctor. Dr. Feinstein is caring and compassionate advocate for his patients. He takes time to explain everything so you understand what is going. After I leave his office. I feel I've been heard. Definitely Dr. Feinstein will get to the bottom of my problem. He is my Quarterback. In regards to handling all my Doctors. So every Doctor is on the same page. I highly recommend Dr. Feinstein.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2013

Dr. Feinstein was great... After being in pain for months and being misdiagnosed Dr. Feinstein was able to pin point what was going on and get me back on track to feeling like a human again.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2013

Dr. Joel D. Feinstein's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1973)