Ratings for Dr. Patrick Lai

Dr. Lai has been my doctor for 20 years. He is a caring doctor and never rushes through appointments. I've always been satisfied with his service and explanations of prescriptions and recommended life changes (diet, exercise, stress). I wish some of the supporting staff could be friendlier (many are, just a couple are a bit grumpy) but Dr. Lai is always pleasant and professional.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Dr Lai have been my Doctor for 16 years. He is a caring Doctor and listens to your problem. He does all the tests to make sure everything is fine and he makes referral to specialists if needed.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

First off I am going to preface, I've been a patient of Dr. Lai's for a decade+ ever since I was a kid. He's not the greatest doctor in the world, lets not fool ourselves, but the guy actually cares. Up until last year I rarely saw him, maybe bronchitis here, stitches there, little things. I had a problem 2015/2016, that scared the pants off me, I went to emergency, I went to specialists; the best doctors in Alberta couldn't figure out what was causing the problem and half of them thought it was psychological and wanted me on meds to correct the issue. I broke down at Dr Lai's, when I was there trying to get a referral for another specialist because I was in constant pain. He spent AN HOUR with me, going over every possible thing imaginable. Going through medical journals, signing off for EVERY test/xray/catscan imaginable. I've never seen a doctor care so flipping much. Within a week of doing all the tests, it was revealed I had a rare issue, that was easily curable, and within a month I was 100% healthy, and feeling amazing. Pain had plagued me for almost 2 years to the point where I couldn't do anything, I couldn't even sleep, and most people just brushed it aside. Everyone except my old family GP Dr. Lai. He might not be the most knowledgable doctor, but if this guy cares about you.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2016

Prescribed deadly amounts of medication, causing great harm, without any remorse. Do NOT trust this man !

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

long time great doctor. Saved my life in one visit.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

Dr Lai has been my physician for 32 years. He's been nothing but great and I know myself to have been fortunate to have such an intelligent doctor.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

He is completely useless! You'd be better off going to a vet!!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2016

Dr. Lai has bee my physician for more than 26 years. He is an exceptional person and Doctor. His practice is extremely busy and he works very hard. I have never felt that Dr. Lai was rushing me through. The reason he gets behind his schedule is that he gives the attention you need, not what the Alberta Health guidelines suppose you need. Dr. Lai always referred me to top notch specialists and was interested in the results of the referral. The only thing I can say that is at all negative is that he works too hard. Dr Lai's approach is reflected in something he said to me many years ago. "It is amazing all the things that can go wong with the human body, and how the body will repair itself given the right conditions. The trick is finding the right conditions."

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

dr lai is the best doctor ever...very helpful and undersstanding

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015

He's a decent doctor with years of experience, but his front desk / admin staff is probably one of the worst in the city. They have forgotten my appointment and reschedule it on a day i didn't even know. If you make an appointment on the phone, I would highly suggest a confirmation to make sure they got it in their system. Also have patience with their attitude, it can get aggravating.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015