Ratings for Dr. Talal Alphin

I have been seeing Dr. Alphin for years now, and has always been very polite friendly and professional with me. He always takes the time to answer all my questions, and has performed several procedures to alleviate my chronic problem, helping immensely, giving me my life back. The staff in the office are friendly and professional as well. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

Very positive experience. very professional, explained procedures that would be taking place, allowed me to watch procedure on camera and explained diagnoses, followup needed,. \scheduling a ct scan now, as he is concerned with lower abdominal and back pain that persists.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

This man should not be a doctor. He only cares about money. Not the patient. He is so full of himself. And his office is unsanitary and disgusting.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

I am horbited by this so called doctor. I waited to see him for 6 months. When I went to the appointment the very rude receptionist told me I didn't do my blood work so they cancelled my appintment. They refused to see me that day so I tried to rescheudle. 8 more months she expected me to wait. I pee blood daily. I went back to my family doctor and got a referral to someone who could see me sooner. I was in in three days. Well today as I write this, I am admitted to hospital and he refuses to see me. I have not had a proper assesment and was told all day he was coming to see me. Well I just got notice he refuses because when they rescheudle me I filed a complaint with patient relations on how unprofessional the process was. They suspect kidney stones. But no one knows for sure. And jn three days from now I am being driven to calgary to see a urologist there. He is the most unprofessional and irresponsible doctor I have ever come across. My chart states that I missed my appintment and that is why he refuses to see me. When it is obvious is is cause I called him on his Bullshit. Don't bother with this man. He is an arrogant prickly.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

Dr. Alphin was courteous, effective, and incredibly polite to me. He seemed incredibly busy, but he paid me and my husband all the attention we needed. He's a very "No-Garbage" doctor. His time is incredibly valuable, so he avoided lengthy discussions or euphemisms. Efficient, professional, and straight forward. I would definitely recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2016

Cares more about his delicate surgical timeline than what pain a person is in. Gets pissed off he sees you in emergency- even if it is an emergency!!!! This guy decided to pass me off to a surgeon in calgary to fix my kidney. Alphin is too busy trying to keep his ego nice and high to bother. He would rather insult me for being admitted to the hospital then actually helping me.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

Wonderful, intelligent doctor. Very thorough and an excellent advocate with other service providers. Would recommend him over and over again.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2015

I have seen Dr. Alphin over the years to deal with my one kidney(post donation). He and his staff are knowledge kind friendly. Dr. Alphin takes the time to assess and follow up with anything that is required. He takes the time to explain everything and is willing to answer questions. Great Doc and staff

flag | Submitted January 28, 2015

Dr Alpin was very through in his testing. He is taking very good care of my dad's bowel cancer, he has removed it and watching carefully that it doesn't return, he also is the only doctor that found my dad's aneurysm. He was in hospital with trouble and they couldn't find out why. Doctor Alphine wasted no time getting my dad in to see a seurgon

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014

This dr does not listen, he does not treat pain, told me that the pain was "mind over matter" and offered "no miracles" .With comments like this is certainly not the attitude of someone I want looking after me. His two receptionists are nice and have accommodated me on short notice. He is not as knowledgeable as I would have expected, and think its time to retire. I immediately requested a referral to another urologist from my family doc after my first visit with him as he majorly screwed up on my notes when he was dictating them into his recorder. The only thing useful he did was get me a ct which found the actual problem where the pain was, from there another urologist will handle my care as I wouldn't send my worst enemy to this fool. He may be fine for finding prostate cancer but the simple PSA test will point you to that. He is lucky he's the only urologist working in this town because if there was another choice he wouldn't have a practice.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2013