Ratings for Dr. Lloyd MacK

Love him and his assistant, Natalie. They make a top notch team, along with the medical residents he is a mentor to. Dr. Mack is always willing to answer questions and educate. Dr. Mack is a charming gentleman and so casual and at ease in demeanour. He has a sense of humour, lacking in some other stuck-up surgeons. I would not hesitate to recommend him to family/friends. He's young to have such great people skills, and bed-side manner, as that usually develops with experience. If he teaches that alone to new medical graduates, they will have a successful career. Mine was only a simple surgery, but he was willing to take the time from his busy day to do it. Thank you, Dr. Mack and Natalie, you are very much appreciated.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

Dr. Mack is awesome and his assistant, Natalie, fabulous. A great team. Dr. Mack is about 40+. He's an educator to nurses, med. students and patients, as well as a mentor to medical residents. He's a compassionate surgery oncologist, and all round charming and kind gentleman. Appreciate how lucky you are to have a referral with him or see him for an emergency general surgery consult. He and Natalie will work together to answer your questions. I did not have a complex case, but he still treated me as if I was a cancer patient, with great care and attention. Thank you so much. Love you both.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

Dr Mack is fantastic! He did a biopsy of my son's neck and took tissue out while he was awake! He was really nervous, but Dr Mack used his sense of humor to make my son feel very comfortable. A week later we got the news my son had cancer - well, at least the dr we saw said it, but we didn't know if we should believe him he told us the new so badly! Anyway... I came home and called Dr Mack's office 2 days before Christmas. The office said it was closed till the new year, but I left a long message and received a call back the next day. The woman said she would let Dr Mack know -- he called us personally and spoke to both my son and I. SO impressed!!! I would highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2016

Dr. Mack is an amazing doctor. He walks the line perfectly between explaining your disease and procedure so that you understand it but don't feel that you're being condescended to.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

This man is amazing. I was going through a lot on the day of my biopsy, and he was incredibly kind and understanding. He talked through the entire procedure and kept me informed on what he was doing. In that short time he asked a lot of Qs to get to know me, and even pointed out some personal strengths of mine. I really liked that. I left the surgery room feeling positive, strong and confident. If you ever need a surgical oncologist, he is the person to go to.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

I was diagnosed with colon cancer. My surgery took place in Calgary's Foothills Hosp. Dr. Mack was kind and made me feel comfortable. He answered all my questions. It's 2 months since surgery and all is normal and working. Thank you Dr. Mack!!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2015

Dr Mack is very good at what he does. His right hand nurse on the other hand gives you the run around. He waists a lot of time and time is health. Looking at getting another referral as I've waisted enough time on this nurse. No longer worth my time.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

Dr. Mack is the most lovely and well rounded health care professional I have ever met. He is kind and considerate and goes out of his way to care for (and advocate for) his patients. He is incredibly knowledgeable and skilled as a surgeon and I can't imagine being in better hands. He always takes the time to explain things to me and is a natural teacher and healer. I highly recommend Dr. Mack.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2014

Very calming, great personality. It's hard to be punctual when the clinic to super busy. He's tremendous.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2014

Dr. Mack removed 1/3 of my stomach due to a cancerous tumor August 17,2010. He is a top rate surgeon in my book and one of the kindest human beings you ever want to meet. His Surgical Team was absolutely fantastic. They had me so relaxed I probably could have gone through the Surgery without being put to sleep. I cannot find enough words to describe my feelings. The Nursing Staff at Foothills Hospital were also fantastic.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2014

Dr. Lloyd MacK's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Love him and his assistant, Natalie. They make a top notch team, along with the medical residents he is a mentor to. Dr. Mack is always willing to answer ques..."

May 18, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Mack is awesome and his assistant, Natalie, fabulous. A great team. Dr. Mack is about 40+. He's an educator to nurses, med. students and patients, as wel..."

May 17, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Mack is fantastic! He did a biopsy of my son's neck and took tissue out while he was awake! He was really nervous, but Dr Mack used his sense of humor to mak..."

January 31, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Mack is an amazing doctor. He walks the line perfectly between explaining your disease and procedure so that you understand it but don't feel that you're b..."

September 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This man is amazing. I was going through a lot on the day of my biopsy, and he was incredibly kind and understanding. He talked through the entire procedure an..."

July 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was diagnosed with colon cancer. My surgery took place in Calgary's Foothills Hosp. Dr. Mack was kind and made me feel comfortable. He answered all my ques..."

April 4, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Mack is very good at what he does. His right hand nurse on the other hand gives you the run around. He waists a lot of time and time is health. Looking at ge..."

February 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Mack is the most lovely and well rounded health care professional I have ever met. He is kind and considerate and goes out of his way to care for (and advoc..."

December 29, 2014