Ratings for Dr. Ross Chang

His staff isn't the best, but Dr. Chang is a great dr. He has a warm, friendly personality and takes the time to really try and figure out what's wrong. I've been to him multiple times for different issues and haven't waited more than 15/20 mins each time. I find that quite standard in specialist offices. Always friendly, always gets to the bottom of my issues. Recommended.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2018

First he should remember when he made a patient sit in the room, i gone through a alergy test and in middle he left and showedup after 40 mins. this is rediculious... 100% not recommended

flag | Submitted March 2, 2018

My husband has been going to him for a year. He provided a treatment plan for 3 months with no real explanation and didn't say whether he should schedule a follow up meeting after the 3 months. When he didn't get better he started to call the office to book a follow up. The staff never called him back. Finally after a number of messages he finally was given a follow up appointment. He extended his treatments for another year without doing any tests to determine whether they are even going to help him. We decided to see another doctor for a second opinion and tried to get a copy of his records from Dr. Chang' s office. It has been almost 6 months of trying to get those records. The office staff will not return any phone calls. Terrible service when someone's health is on the line. Totally inexcusable.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2017

wasting my time with this Doctor for 3 years. This guy has no personality to speak of. He seemed so disinterested in what I was going through - random swellings, hives with no trigger, daily symptoms impacting my life severely, multiple ER visits. He sent me for tests but never told me what they were for, never called me with results or asked for follow up appts. I wasted 3 years with worrying. Decided to get a second opinion (because Dr C had decided that I had something so rare and so scary that I was about to cancel my holidays/quit my job). New allergist diagnosed me in 2 visits. Nothing scary, totally treatable and I have been symptom free for 3 weeks. I could handle the long wait times and also the fact that he has zero personal skills but for him to not be able to sort out a seemingly easy diagnosis is inexcusable. Give this person a pass.....I will never go to him again.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016

I have been Dr Chang's patient for three years and have never experienced some of the issues listed below. I almost wonder if they went to the same practitioner? Dr. Chang runs about 15 minutes late. Not a big deal considering how much time he is willing to spend with his patients answering their questions and concerns.It is one thing to sit and wait, thinking you are going to be rushed out the door when your turn comes, verses, knowing he is willing to spend the time with you to make sure you leave with questions answered and a plan in hand. His diagnosis of which things in my life I was allergic to, and subsequent treatment(drop rather than shots) worked wonderfully to reduce the allergic reactions. I went back a few weeks ago after a wasp sting to find out that I am extremely allergic. I will gladly do my Wasp Sting shots he has recommended under his care. so remember most people who are happy with a physician do not take the time to usually write reviews. The reviews are usually slated to angry individuals. I highly recommend Dr. Chang. And yes, his staff is pretty poor at best...too bad he hasn't noticed

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

Ross Chang is a good doctor but always super super super late. Advice to those who go, bring a book and be ready to sit there a long time and wait...

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

My daughters allergy test was for 430 today, August 5th 2016. We showed up around 330 because I figured I'd need to fill some sort of form or something. Guess who has a cranky child thanks to Dr Chang being late! This is so ridiculous.. his receptionist does not seem to care either. In fact there's no one sitting at the desk they are so busy in doing everything else. And the doctor is sitting in his office. I will be telling my family doctor to refer me to someone else next time. What's with all these older doctor's thinking that they can take their sweet time!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2016

Do yourself a favour and give this doctor a miss. Experienced all the same myriad of negative encounters with Dr. Chang as you see in the comments below (Uber lateness, not showing up to work on time, misdiagnosing you're not allergic to antibiotics when you still are, etc.). But this one takes the cake. Been getting allergy shots for 13 years under this doctor's care, just to be told by another allergist last Friday that it is not recommended to have allergy shots for any longer than 4-5 years. Any further help or relief is negligible or non-existent after such time. I am now off the shots. Hallelujah! But I have to say, I just wasted 8-9 years of my life going for shots every 3 weeks religiously to no avail. Talk about gross incompetence. Dr. Chang is so checked out, it's really quite shameful. He really needs to retire and do something he is more passionate about and stop wasting peoples' time and risking their health. There are far better allergists out there that are absolutely more worthy of the long wait times to get an appointment.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

Waited forever for my appointment. Had no idea what was causing my eye to swell and each time it happened was getting progressively worse. I suggested I think it may be tied to Advil. He tested me for a food and environmental allergens, not Advil. His advice? "Well don't take Advil then"

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

This doctor is a complete joke. First appointment of the morning and he was an hour late!!!! This is the second time this has happened. Totally changing allergists. He is never apologetic. No personality and super rude. Not impressed. There should be annual tests for doctors for bedside manners!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016