Ratings for Dr. Lyall A. Gorenstein

I Had a ravitch procedure done to correct pectus excavatum by Dr. Gorenstein at Good Sam. hospital in Suffern NY. My questions were answered and I was provided with plenty of information on the procedures available during my consultation. Had great results, and excellent patient care. dr. and his team frequently visited and monitored my progress during my stay in the hospital. I'm very satisfied with my results it looks great cosmetically and I feel a huge improvement in my posture, comfort, and my ability to take good deep breaths. I know longer experience palpitations and my exercise tolerance has gone through the roof.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2012

Dr. Gorenstein performed an open pectus excavatum repair on me in April, 2010. Worst experience of my life, FAILED surgery and a second surgery needed to be done after 3 days to remove dislodged hardware he had put in. He also took it upon himself without any consultation with me to perform a muscle flap procedure which was unnecessary, was only done as an attempt to cover up the poor job he did and I would never have consented to. I'm 3 1/2 months post-op and Im still on pain meds, doing PT twice a week, in constant pain/discomfort and swelling. He was also quite arrogant throughout the entire ordeal, evaded questions and actually left town for 1-2 days immediately following BOTH surgeries. The way my situation was handled was very unprofessional and upsetting. My PE is not even corrected and I'm probably a candidate for another surgery (not likely). I also think he embellished his experience with this procedure, given the poor results. Very unsatisfied overall.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2010

Dr. Lyall A. Gorenstein's Credentials

• Univ Of Toronto, Fac Of Med, Toronto, Ont, Canada (Grad. 1983)