Ratings for Dr. Carolyn Baba

She is retiring next year. She's fantastic. Have never had a bad time with any apps with her. Since moving to kelowna 11 yrs ago I was happy to have someone who knew all about down syndrome and super helpful. She even took on our other son. Which was awesome. I'm sad to see her leaving as I've got nothing but gratitude for her and everytime she's helped us get more info and resources everytime we see her. Love her so much.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2017

Dr Baba has retired to my knowledge. She was my daughter's doctor in nicu but when we needed a pediatrician to deal with something more reciently we were told she would see my daughter but would be unavailable for follow up as she was retiring.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

Dr. Baba is, in my opinion, the best paedeatrician in Kelowna. She has become an expert on my daughter's rare genetic condition and has cared for her for over 12 years. My daughter loves her. Dr. Baba goes above and beyond... and is willing to talk whenever we have a concern. She is a fantastic liason between us and the Drs at BC Children's Hospital. I would recommend Dr Baba to anyone. Thank you for everything!!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

We loved Dr. Baba. Our son was hospitalized at 16 days old and needed an IV. The on call pediatrician worked 1/2 hour trying to get a vein. Dr. Baba came in and had no problem getting a vein an on the first try! I was very impressed with Dr. Baba. Not to mention she was so warm and loving to our son and to us (new frantic parents)! I would HIGHLY recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2015

Amazing bedside manor! Takes her time, cares for her patients and knows her stuff. Reassures you that you're not a crazy parent. You did the right thing. Explains everything so it makes sense to you. Maddux loves his Dr. Baba.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2014

Dr. Baba is the worst doctor ever! It's terrifying that she is responsible for treating children! She is very uneducated and needs to learn how to swallow her pride and admit when she doesn't know something and refer patients to someone more knowledgeable than she is. She was very dismissive and did not take my infant's medical condition seriously, I can't imagine what would have happened if I did not trust my gut instinct and seek a second opinion immediately. This woman should not be allowed to "treat" anyone, especially children, let alone hold a licence to practice medicine! Also, did anyone else notice the similarities between all of the 4-5 star ratings she apparently received on this blog? Seems like she came on here to try to defend herself and make herself look better....Anyone else notice this?

flag | Submitted September 27, 2014

Dr Baba was the pediatrician on at the hospital when my 3 month old son was admitted with seizures. She proceeded to yell at me for 20 minutes about how I was mixing his formula wrong. I explained to her how to mix his formula and she kept telling me I was wrong and didn't have a clue. She said you add the formula, and then add the water bringing the water up to the 8 ounce mark as the formula displaces the water. I told my husband to bring the formula can in so that she could see and sure enough she made up an excuse how that was the first time she had ever seen a formula like that before. Surely she had seen Enfamil before? I also have a 7 year old, and her formula was the same. I wonder how many parents she got to mis-mix and constipate their infants? Either way, she was rude.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

Unfortunately we haven't had a great experience - or perhaps the previous doctor just left bigger shoes to fill. Our daughter didn't connect with this doctor. She felt that Dr. Baba just wasn't interested in her, nor did she offer support. Our first appointment with the dr - the dr was 45 minutes late (this was a scheduled appt), the second appt - she was a no show. We were not impressed.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2014

Dr. Baba is the best in the Okanagan. Dr. Baba knows medicine and children. Dr. Baba is gifted knowledge as a pediatrician and excellent with children. Dr. Baba listens to me regarding my daughter but most of all talks to my daughter and built a wonderful connection. My daughter loves Dr . Baba is busy at the hospital but always makes time for our daughter. Thank you Dr. Baba for taking care of our daughter. You are the best and I highly recommend you. Ignore the negative comments.

Submitted April 28, 2014

Dr.Baba is amazing! She is kind and very thorough. She listens and a tends to the kids with compassion and understanding.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2013