Ratings for Dr. Sean Boutros

I am very pleased and satisfied with Dr. Boutros and his staff.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I thought I was getting a surgeon who was compassionate, smart, and great at what he does after seeing his work elsewhere. I soon realized his knowledge base as a doctor is not only substandard, but cannot even verbalize basic medical physiology. His head and ego are so big, that he forgets the person in front of him. I have had to have a total of 3 surgeries, the first was the only intended one. But after having severe complications after everyone of them, and without any compassion or understanding for me, I feel so much anger towards him. I had to seek out outside woundcare specialist because he had no clue, not how it physicaly affected me on a daily basis. My last complication led me to hospital, in which he tried to prevent my admission, when the obvious standard of care and other specialist recommendations was to admit me and prevent worsening of the complication that could have killed me. Had I been able to know that he was looking out for me, his opinion might hold weight; however he was looking out for his own interest, his own "cover your a$$", that I know this was nothing but obvious and intended negligence. The nurses there may be his only saving grace.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

18 months ago, when I was diagnosed, I was terrified. I talked to a number of respected surgeons and was not comfortable with any of them. I felt very much like a number, not a human being. When I contacted my friend at Second for help, she immediately said you were the solution. Your staff worked quickly to get me scheduled within 24 hours. When I walked into your office, I just had a good feeling. But, when you walked in the room, I started crying. You simply said that everything was going to be okay and you hugged me. The surgeries, etc …, have not been easy but I have always been very grateful to you and your staff. I am a huge fan of Meg and Katie and some of the others. You are also responsible for connecting me with Dr. Pollack and Dr. Naqvi who have both been wonderful. I am grateful for everything.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Dr. Sean Boutros definitely had his work cut out for him- pun intended!! I went to see him for a Revision Rhinoplasty that was done by another surgeon several years ago. After being left with a crooked mess on my face that I thought I would be stuck with it forever. He knew exactly what needed to be done, he worked his magic and I can honestly say that this is the nose I was always supposed to have. I don't even look like I ever had my nose fixed (twice) to begin with. He is an amazing Doctor and Artist!! Truly Happy. Thank you so much Dr. Boutros

flag | Submitted March 14, 2016

Dr.Boutros and his staff are very skilled and qualified with much compassion. He really cares for his patients. Thanks Dr. Boutros

flag | Submitted June 23, 2014

My experience was not as bad as the reviewer who went into renal failure, but I lost money and received nothing but a bigger problem in return. This doctor doesn't conform to the "usual and customary" for the industry. I'm just thankful I found others who helped me after his bizarrely substandard treatment.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2013

Dr. Boutros recommended a reconstructive breast surgery for me using a TUG flap procedure, and used my thighs to harvest a vein and fat. This particular surgery had huge risk. He did not give me other options like tissue expanders, which would have been safer and cheaper. After both my breasts failed (so I had 2 double mastectomies in a week) I went into renal failure and was hospitalized for 3 weeks. I was seriously ill for over a year as a result and I am still, two years later, not reconstructed. Dr. Boutros avoided the other options which are not as lucrative. Most troubling to me -- after the surgical disaster he had the nerve to come to my hospital room and tell me that the flaps failed because of my weight. Well, why didn't he warn me BEFORE the surgery about that and offer a less invasive option? I now have problems with my legs, I'm horribly disfigured, and I only had stage 0 breast cancer. I could have been reconstructed perfectly if he had not taken the risk.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2013

Very compassionate. Very skilled. Performed breast reconstruction after breast cancer. I highly recommend him. And surprisingly doesn't make you wait forever.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2011

Dr. Sean Boutros's Credentials

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)