Ratings for Dr. Marc Bessler

Dr. Bessler uses cutting edge technology/procedures to make surgery less painful and improve recovery time as well as cosmesis. I was nervous about using him because he hadn't done many hybrid transvaginal cholycestectomies -- but it was the best decision I made. Four days later, I have no pain, only one small incision in my belly button (which won't be visible once it has healed), and I feel recovered (though I know I have to let my insides heal). His bedside manner isn't the best, but if you want warm and fuzzy, bring a teddy bear along on the day of surgery. This guy knows what he's doing. He's tops in his field... and I highly recommend him. NOTE: I considered going for a robotics cholycestectomy in the same hospital -- and I'm so glad I didn't. The pain level would have been greater, recovery time FOREVER, and the chance of developing hernias because of a large incision in the umbilicus high. Go with a hybrid TVC. Use Bessler. You won't regret it.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2014

Went to him. was only interested in the insurance I had, didnt want to help me out all, he's really a bad doctor, he's only interested in your money

flag | Submitted February 23, 2012

Dr. Bessler did a laparascopic large paraesophageal hernia repair. He was extremely talented, careful, knowledgeable, and kind. I had a fast and excellent recovery and my food no longer gets stuck in the bottom of my esophagus.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2011

Nephrectomy donoation done by Dr. Bessler. i couldn't have asked for a better surgeon. excellent hands, quick and no nonesense! Thank you,

flag | Submitted January 20, 2011

Although Dr. Bessler no longer accepts GHI, I plan to use his services as an out-of-network physician because I would not trust anyone else. He is the very best and is a kind, caring and "keep it real" Dr. Exactly what I want in a surgeon. Who could ask for more?

flag | Submitted July 20, 2009

Dr. Marc Bessler's Credentials

• New York Univ Sch Of Med, New York Ny 10016 (Grad. 1989)

AARP