Ratings for Dr. Keith Heller

Dr. Heller insisted that he be given an SS# to be used as a file # in an unsecure computer. He refused to see me or treat me unless given a valid SS#. When asked, the receptionist admitted they had no procedure to safe-keep the information. When she walked away to speak to the doctor about my protest I was able to see the computer screen & copy names,addresses, dates of birth and SS#'s. It was more than enough information for any identity thief. When she came back she said Dr. Heller would not treat anyone unless they gave him an SS#. I have a phony number I often use for such purposes, but I decided that anyone who insisted on endangering me is not a person I would want to perform surgery on me or my family. I handed the receptionist the information I had copied, demanded my other information back, and left. In my opinion Dr. Heller cannot be trusted to make decisions that are in the best interests of patients. I would never use such a person for surgery.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2008

Dr. Keith Heller's Credentials

• New York Univ Sch Of Med, New York Ny 10016 (Grad. 1971)

Harvard-Pilgrim