Ratings for Dr. Fred Weksberg

I visited Dr. Weksberg about several lesions on my back. His staff were welcoming and extremely helpful. Dr. Weksberg was very professional and reassuring. He was sensitive to my tolerance of the procedure that he performed and even suggested that we could do it in stages, if I wished. I would highly recommend Dr. Weksberg!

flag | Submitted June 3, 2018

I was referred to Dr. Weksberg by my GP for a suspicious/gradually growing dark pigmentation and redness on my nose. My mother had many cancerous spots her face that needed to be burned off/removed, so when other treatments and creams failed for my spot my GP really wanted to have it looked at. This was my experience from mid 2017: 1. It took about 4 months of missed calls/no return messages/unavailability from the clinics end before I finally could book an appointment, which was 2 months later (6 months waiting total). I've never had an experience with a dermatologist prior to this so I'm not sure if this is standard practice or not. 2. Upon arrival for my appointment the office allowed me stand in the waiting area trying to find a sign for instructions on how to check in for my appointment (there are 2 different reception desks, being my first time there I wasn't sure which one to go to). Despite being the only person in the waiting area with numerous (seemingly) unoccupied administration assistants behind both desks, nobody would make eye contact with me or turn my way when I attempted to make some kind of SOS signal for help. I eventually called my mother, who had been there before, and asked what to do. When I finally approached the correct front desk, feeling pretty stupid/embarrassed from wandering around for 15 minutes, the staff was decently friendly and gave me standard paper work to fill out, which was processed quickly. 3. I don't believe I waited that long for the appointment. I tend to be extremely early so I can't give an accurate wait time, but I was not seen late. If anything, I think I was actually taken in earlier than my original appointment time. 4. Here is where it goes downhill: I'm certain my actual appointment with Dr. Weksberg was under 3 minutes. He came in, did not seem interested at all, barley looked at me or skin, did not listen to my concerns, then cut me off saying: "You probably just have acne or something. Also brown pigment is your own fault, you should've worn sunscreen". His demeanour was condescending and impatient, as if I was wasting his time and stealing his air. It was bizarre and I was speechless, I've never had a doctor be so dismissive over a concern that I thought was decently serious. More frustrating was the 'diagnosis' of acne. While I am 20 years old, I definitely do not have acne and, fortunately, rarely even get a pimple, which is why my GP was concerned with the pain and discolouration of my nose in the first place. I am naturally quite fair and freckly, and with the history of female cancer in my family along with my mother's cancerous skin pigmentation OF COURSE I already wear sunscreen and am very careful about my skin. The snap judgment and blame is concerning for a doctor. I practically begged for some kind of help as he was trying to walk out the door, which he responded by hastily writing me a prescription for some ointment to "use sparingly when you have these whatever you call them, flare ups". After this he promptly got up and ushered me out of the room to zoom off to the next patient (I'm assuming). I was completely dissatisfied with the appointment to say the least and left feeling like I had wasted so much time, not to mention feeling totally belittled. 5. I shook the appointment off and put it out of my mind while I worked with my GP to find a new dermatologist/specialist. A month or so later, I decided I might as well fill the prescription and see if it helped at all. I gave it to a pharmacist only to be told "Oh we actually sell this over the counter, its on the shelf in Isle 4". Dr. Weksberg gave me a bogus prescription for a general itch relief cream. Itching wasn't even I symptom I had! Definitely a slap in the face to know he just gave me something to shut me up and get me out of his office. Wouldn't recommend him as a dermatologist at all. I hate to write negative reviews, but I felt that others should at least be cautious before heading to see him. Like others have stated, he's really only interested in private patients and wants to push cosmetics/fancy treatments that are unnecessary. Very interesting to see another person was brushed off for having "skin irritations" and they turned out to be cancerous! Pretty brutal in my opinion.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2018

Very knowledgeable doctor however he prescribed everything under the sun for my persistent adult acne. I eventually went back to my doctor and got a referral to a dermatologist elsewhere. Tries to sell you expensive face washes. Very cosmetic focused clinic.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2018

I have to say that when I walked in to Doctor Weksberg's office, the staff especially Rhonda made me feel very comfortable and and at ease. Their warmth and demeanour allowed me with confidence two move forward with my procedure. Doctor Weksberg was diligent in asking me all the right questions and I found him extremely professional and comforting. This is a doctor and an office that I would highly recommend for any type of dermatology.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2018

I have been seeing Dr. Weksberg and his staff for a while now. The aging process is hard but they all make it extremely easy to look and feel your best. Good skincare advice and any enhancement is always natural and never overdone. I always feel extremely confident that I am in good hands. I just got a custom serum made there that is truly amazing.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2018

Awful bedside manner and clearly only interested in private patients. Staff uninterested, disengaged and never even pick up the phone (even if you leave multiple voicemails, they don’t return calls). Would not recommend.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018

DR WEXSBERG ISMEDICALLY NEGLIGENT. LEAVING NUMEROUS BIOPSIES FOR WEEKS AND SAYING THEY ARE JUST SKIN IRRITATIONS WHEN THEY TURN OUT TO BE CANCER. I would NOT RECOMMEND HIM UNLESS IT WAS FOR BOTOX OR COSMETIC USES.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

I love this man. His professionalism and skill keep me coming back. I wouldn't trust my face to anyone but him.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

This review is for Dr Weksberg's office, where I received fraxel and laser hair removal. I have already been here two times prior for laser hair removal and I'm loving the results and the experience itself is pleasant, quick, and efficient. The permanent convenience of not needing to shave (sometimes twice a day) anymore is amazing! I used to get so many ingrown hairs. It was a nightmare. I don't have those anymore. I have dark hair and my underarm hair used to be a problem for me. Now it's not, thanks to marianne and the clinic. Marianne did all of my consults and if you can, ask for her! She is the kindest and most professional person I've ever received any type of beauty service from. She is extremely knowledgeable in terms of the products that the office sells, she has all of the information (regarding ingredients and so on) memorized and she's honest and forthcoming with her recommendations. She is also amazing in terms of the work she does. I love the results so far of my laser hair removal. I've only had one fraxel session which wasn't too too bad. I won't lie, it isn't a painless procedure, but it is 100% worth it. It was done in such an efficient and gentle manner. I was given blankets and a magazine while I waited for the numbing cream to work. Felt so cozy. Marianne made it fly by. I have made recommendations to several of my friends to try this office for fraxel, laser, and the other wide range of services they offer, and I'd highly recommend it to the general public as well. It feels good to treat yourself, but it feels even better when the staff address you by name, seem excited to see you and remember you! And that's exactly what I experienced today! They absolutely appreciated my business. Dr Weksberg is a very busy, and very kind specialist who makes time for his patients. I had a bunch of questions for him and he took the time to explain everything to me and help me with my medical concerns. He absolutely cares about his patients and it is clear he went into medicine for the right reason- to help people. He's professional and has a kind demeanour and I felt comfortable around him. Thanks to him and especially thanks to Marianne, I am starting to have some confidence in my appearance again.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

Awful bedside manner. Only interested in private patients!!

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

Dr. Fred Weksberg's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients