Ratings for Dr. Sara A. Ramirez

This review is specifically for DR. SARA RAMIREZ of Mission Hospital - Mission Viejo and Saddleback Memorial Medical Center- Laguna Hills. My rating would be a ZERO if there was an option. I hope this review will help save some soon-to-be parents from the experience we had. My husband and I are having our very first baby and as a first pregnancy it can be very stressful. This "doctor" was so dismissive about every concern we had and on top of it gave us FALSE and unnecessary test results; stating that our baby will absolutely be born with specific complications. When we asked Sara Ramirez for specifics on the test results, she was unable to give us clear answers and referred us to a genetic counselor. We met with a genetic counselor who was able to explain our test results in a more caring and precise way that made me and my husband less worried and more informed. Our genetic counselor who SPECIALIZES with this specific testing actually told us that chances were not as high or as problematic as the doctor told us they would be. That the test simply showed a non-specific abnormality and that it was too soon to be certain what it was, or if it would even still be there at full term. After talking with this specialist we were relieved! Already hesitant to continue my visits with Sara Ramirez, I figured I would give her the benefit of the doubt, thinking that she was having an off day... I had to schedule an emergency visit with her because I had gotten into a car accident and was hit pretty hard while stopped at a red light. Before talking with her about the details of the accident, she cuts me off, doesn't ask if I'm ok, and the first thing she says is "Oh you're fine, nothing to worry about." This was unsettling because she didn't check me or ask about the details of the accident. (I would have hoped for more care from the person I'm supposed to entrust with the health of my unborn child.) Sara Ramirez then asked how my appointment went with the genetic counselor and I told her that the specialist was very informative with the test results and that my husband and I felt comfortable and more assured moving forward with the pregnancy. Disregarding what the trained specialist told us, she then said, "you know that the test is 99% positive that your baby will have this 'specific complication'". She then continued to speak to me in a very demeaning manner as if I wasn't making the right decision. It was almost as if she was persuading me to get an abortion. I was baffled that this lady was questioning my decision even after I told her multiple times that I was going to keep my baby. This doctor seems more interested in preserving the idea that she is "right" in her conclusions rather than truly caring for her patients. If you want to feel worthless then "Doctor" Sara Ramirez is the perfect doctor for you. Otherwise, please don't put yourself through the same stress we had been put through with her ill-informed, uncaring and un-compassionate bedside manner.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Dr. Ramirez delivered my first child, recnty, and made it such a phenomenal experience. Her level of expertise, knowledge, and care for her patients was evident throughout my whole pregnancy. As a first time mother, I had a significant amount of questions/concerns about my pregnancy and she was always available to answer, encourage, and comfort. My delivery went so smoothly because of her, even though I had to be rushed for an emergency cesarean. She eased my fears and anxiety by reassuring me that all would be fine, and that her primary responsibility was to get the baby out safely and make sure that both the baby and I were safe throughout that process. The only issue with her office, is the wait time. My husband and I would typically wait anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour to see her. My recommendation is to schedule first thing in the morning to avoid long wait times.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2016

Dr. Ramirez recently delivered my first child. She was great. Every appointment was good she answered all my questions. one downside was that the office doesn't validate, so bring money for parking, and you will have to wait on your appointments.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2009

Had a horrible experience. Was told by the Dr. that having a miscarriage would be “like having my period.” I was let to hemorrhage for 5 days, each time in extreme pain. Went into this practice on each of those five days, only to see different doctors, one whom told me that my test results came back positive for syphilis. I have been married for 8 years, and he never explained that the test was faulty, normally for patients having miscarriages (boy was that an interesting car ride home with my husband) but that could be the reason why I had miscarried. By the way, the test results were incorrect. I felt that I wasn’t given enough information by the doctors I saw to make an informed decision about my own health care. I would never go back to this practice. The best was when their office assistant called me two months after having the miscarriage to ask my how my pregnancy was going? This experience was so horrible, it’s a bit funny.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2008

Dr. Ramirez is wonderful!!! We had her after a doc in her practice switched us into her care (he was going on vacation) when I was in the last few months of my pregnancy. From the first visit, she treated me like I'd been her patient all along. She's a mother of young children herself and understood all our questions and concerns. The delivery went beautifully and she honored our personal requests. Her bedside manner was outstanding and she always treated myself and my husband with respect and concern. She is truly at the top of her field and I can't say enough kind things about her. Her practice is very busy, but that's because the doctors are outstanding. If your concern is more for quality of care than how long your wait is, I would highly, highly recommend Dr. Ramirez.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2006

flag | Submitted May 16, 2005

Dr. Sara A. Ramirez's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Health Sciences/Chicago Medical School (Grad. 1987)