Ratings for Dr. Lori Wood

Awful woman. Absolutely awful. Nasty and demeaning. Very cold and I found her compassion fake. She does not tolerate any views contrary to her own.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2017

An absolutely lovely person. I can see that she works so hard to balance the needs of the individual with the science of her work. She is honest but will go above and beyond for her patients . I have known her for years and consider her to be a personal role model.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2017

I don't know how she sleeps at night. She out and out tells you to give up hope and don't bother checking into alternative treatments along with hers. Even when you come to her with research and information and studies on natural treatments that may help, she totally dismisses it and said they are not reputable studies. Oh, because the studies arent done by the pharmaceutical companies who promote the drugs they make money off of! Right! I asked her wouldnt she do anything to save her fathers life and try natural treatments, she looked at me and bold face lied and said NO! She is cold and shouldn't be working with people and their families. She puts peoples lives on the line and has no compassion for them what so ever.

Submitted February 1, 2017

Unpleasant experience with this woman. She appears threatened by other women who are smart, articulate and well read. She was passive aggressive in her manner with us.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2016

I have been a patient of dr wood for just over a year she is very intelligent caring and has. very special qualities that you seldom find in a large medical system

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

I've been her patient for nearly ten years this woman is simply amazing

flag | Submitted June 28, 2014

Dr Wood was my husband's oncologist and she fantastic throughout the whole process. She took time out of her day on several occasions to call and check in, she emailed me research articles and always explained everything in full. We were given time to think things over and make decisions without pressure!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2013

Awful, awful person. My sister had a terrible time with her. She is nasty, controlling and vindictive unless you do exactly what she wants.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2013

In 2003 I was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer - 12 to 18 mos. survival rate. She was direct, but very compassionate. I did a lot of research & prepared my questions before each mtg. and she always appreciated my questions. We, & several others, call her the Energizer Bunny. Couple of yrs. ago when I had a replace we bent to bat for me with the 'board' to propose a combo or radiation & chemo, which was rejected. Then she contacted a Quebec Dr. specializing in my cancer. Since then my 2 cancerous nodes have not increased in size. I have only had one other Dr. in my life that I would recommend as highly as I do Dr. Wood. She's a sweet heart.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2011

We had an excellent experience with Dr. Wood. My brother is seriously ill and she took the time to go over his history, talk about his options, and she was overall lovely to our family!! I cannot imagine a better experince during such a difficult time.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2011