Ratings for Dr. Elliot R. Goodman

I was shocked to see the rating here of Dr. Goodman. He performed bariatric surgery on me in 2007 and it's changed my life for the better - I really have my life back. Prior to surgery Dr. G was extremely accessible via his office phone, his cell phone (how many dr.'s give you that?) and on email (answered within the same day). He continues to provide excellent care, following up with my primary care physician and insisting on regular tests and results that he is appraised of and he follows up on the results too. I was just in NYCity for my one year follow up appointment and was thrilled to see Dr. G. and his staff again. He even personally called a plastic surgeon he refers patients to and saw to it that I was seen prior to leaving the city as I was from out of country (Canada). He goes way out of his way for his patients and I was suitably impressed!

flag | Submitted September 15, 2008

A mistake in the initial gastric bypass surgery performed by Dr. Goodman was missed by the doctor and his team. I was discharged but readmitted soon after, extremely ill. I was failing, placed on a ventilator and close to death. Multiple surgeries, first by Dr. Goodman and then other suegeons were necessary to discover the source of my deterioration and to correct the problems. I did survive, but have battled medical consequences ever since. In addition to the real danger to my physical health, I was distressed that Dr. Goodman's availability to me diminished markedly as I became increasingly ill. Operations performed by other surgeons in subsequent years showed indications that the first two surgeries were badly performed and inaccurately documented in my medical chart. I am dismayed that Dr. Goodman is still in surgical practice and that his "mistakes," of which I am one of several known, are not published for the public to consider when choosing a bariatric surgeon.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2008

Dr. Elliot R. Goodman's Credentials

• Univ Of Cambridge, Sch Of Cli Med, Cambridge (352-03 Prior 1/71) (Grad. 1988)

Scott & White