Ratings for Dr. Michael Garay

No time for patience anymore. He always has one hand on the door as you are asking questions.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Dr Garay is very competent and is all ears to what we got to share with him and he makes it a part of his decision making process and that's comforting! VC

flag | Submitted December 31, 2016

Difficult to assess someone who has very little interaction and time for you. He is constantly double-book and triple-book (according to the office receptionist). You will have to wait past your scheduled appointment time in order to see him. Once you are face-to-face with him, he is busy typing the information, not looking at you. I don't have a sense that he is caring or listening. If I forget to mention something , forget it -- he is already somewhere else with somebody else. I have no idea of any test results unless I ask for them. And I think I broke the record time on physical: actual time with doctor: 3 minutes for a 'complete physical'. I can only thank my stars that I am healthy and my interaction with Dr. Garay is minimal.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2016

Very pleasant encounter in the ER. Very easy going and friendly

flag | Submitted October 16, 2016

Not as good as he use to be. I always feel like there is somewhere else he rather be. The staff is great but the doctor himself, not so much!!

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

De. Garay was my damily doctor for almost 13 years. I was always 15 minutes early for my appoontment time but usually ended up waiting 45 minutes after my schedualed appointmemt time to actually see him. Then he rushes my time with him and I dont get a.chance to explain whats wrong. He bases every problem I have on my medical past mental health issues even though he does not treat me for my psych problems. Dr Garay has laughed at me a couple of times for problems I have come to him about and he is terrible for requesting tests or listen8ng in general. In my opinion he has lost compassion for his patience and just cares about seeing as many as he can in one day for the money. And also his interns do not know anything because he is not teaching them properly. I am no longer a patience of dr garays because i feel mt health is in dangee now sue to hia negligence.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2015

Very sad but the practice has gone downhill over the years, from a patient's perspective at least. The wait to get in is impossible and you feel very rushed in the office. a big change and very unwelcome

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

He has been my doctor for awhile and I completely agree that he has changed since when he first started. At the beginning he really helped me out a lot of with some issues I had and took the time to attend to me. Now I have to wait weeks to be able to see him, the office has cancelled my appointments on three occasions that I waited months for, my appointment 75% of the time does not start on time (I end up waiting approximately 20 mins longer than when my appointment is supposed to start,) and when I finally make it in the room, Dr. Garay brushes off whatever I have; not even checking me physically sometimes regarding physical ailments, and rushes me right out the door in 7 mins on multiple occasions. I've recently resorted to looking for another doctor when I was told he was fully booked for the next 3 weeks. He's clearly accepted and took on way too many patients and lost the caring factor. Thanks but no thanks.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

Dr. M. Garay: Was my physican for approx. 9 years (till I moved to another province) great doctor, excellent staff, no issues what-so-ever. Wish I had him for a doctor still....

flag | Submitted February 8, 2015

Dr Garay has been my family doctor for about 13 years. I have been thinking about loking for another family doctor for some time now. He has definitely changed from when I first started to see him. He too also misdiagnosed me telling me I had something when I in fact did NOT. Now that I have read all the reviews I know that others feel the same way. In the 13 years I have had no physical. Is it not the doctors job to make sure his patients are healthy and up to date on their health. He rushes you out the door. If you have mental health issues forget about it Effexor is his answer to everything. I have seen other doctors in his practice and Always get far better treatment than he gives. He even once spoke bad about another doctor when he did not agree with meds that where prescribed, told me to put them in the garbage. I WILL now be looking for another dr. I hope you read this Dr. G.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015