Ratings for Dr. Michael Garay

Terrible experience with Mr. Garay in Emergency - my husband was vomiting blood, anemic, coughing, - he sent him home with anti-acid pills, without properly even assessing him or ordering any tests - two hours later an ambulance had to be called to take my husband to the hospital - diagnosis was acute pneumonia, acute low blood pressure, anemia; if my husband had died, Dr Garay would be responsible for his death. Don't ever have this doctor assess you.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

The staff try their best. Twice now I've needed to be referred out and gotten sent to the wrong place... Wait time is astronomical. He's great with children but terrible with teens and adults... I've asked to be tested for a handful of mental disorders that I seem to have lost symptoms for and been told I probably have them but that no he won't test me or put me on any medication for them... actively looking for a lgbt+ friendly doctor to switch to.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

My father was an active 70 yrold whom was in an accident. After several years of symptoms worsening dr Garrey has never assisted in treating the problem only to say "you're getting old" ? I thought doctors took an oth?? He lacks in empathy and respect!! Let's see how he talks when he is 70. Disrespectful dr and unethical to seniors!!!!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017

He is literally out the door before you can even tell him what you're visiting for. He also needs to stop calling his patients "pal". It's quite obvious that he just doesn't remember your name.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

No time for patience anymore. He always has one hand on the door as you are asking questions.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Dr Garay is very competent and is all ears to what we got to share with him and he makes it a part of his decision making process and that's comforting! VC

flag | Submitted December 31, 2016

Difficult to assess someone who has very little interaction and time for you. He is constantly double-book and triple-book (according to the office receptionist). You will have to wait past your scheduled appointment time in order to see him. Once you are face-to-face with him, he is busy typing the information, not looking at you. I don't have a sense that he is caring or listening. If I forget to mention something , forget it -- he is already somewhere else with somebody else. I have no idea of any test results unless I ask for them. And I think I broke the record time on physical: actual time with doctor: 3 minutes for a 'complete physical'. I can only thank my stars that I am healthy and my interaction with Dr. Garay is minimal.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2016

Very pleasant encounter in the ER. Very easy going and friendly

flag | Submitted October 16, 2016

Not as good as he use to be. I always feel like there is somewhere else he rather be. The staff is great but the doctor himself, not so much!!

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

De. Garay was my damily doctor for almost 13 years. I was always 15 minutes early for my appoontment time but usually ended up waiting 45 minutes after my schedualed appointmemt time to actually see him. Then he rushes my time with him and I dont get a.chance to explain whats wrong. He bases every problem I have on my medical past mental health issues even though he does not treat me for my psych problems. Dr Garay has laughed at me a couple of times for problems I have come to him about and he is terrible for requesting tests or listen8ng in general. In my opinion he has lost compassion for his patience and just cares about seeing as many as he can in one day for the money. And also his interns do not know anything because he is not teaching them properly. I am no longer a patience of dr garays because i feel mt health is in dangee now sue to hia negligence.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2015