You may also like

Rate Dr. Michael Garay

Dr. Michael Garay's Ratings

Very sad but the practice has gone downhill over the years, from a patient's perspective at least. The wait to get in is impossible and you feel very rushed in the office. a big change and very unwelcome

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2828849].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

He has been my doctor for awhile and I completely agree that he has changed since when he first started. At the beginning he really helped me out a lot of with some issues I had and took the time to attend to me. Now I have to wait weeks to be able to see him, the office has cancelled my appointments on three occasions that I waited months for, my appointment 75% of the time does not start on time (I end up waiting approximately 20 mins longer than when my appointment is supposed to start,) and when I finally make it in the room, Dr. Garay brushes off whatever I have; not even checking me physically sometimes regarding physical ailments, and rushes me right out the door in 7 mins on multiple occasions. I've recently resorted to looking for another doctor when I was told he was fully booked for the next 3 weeks. He's clearly accepted and took on way too many patients and lost the caring factor. Thanks but no thanks.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2807453].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

Dr. M. Garay: Was my physican for approx. 9 years (till I moved to another province) great doctor, excellent staff, no issues what-so-ever. Wish I had him for a doctor still....

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2714576].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 9, 2015

Dr Garay has been my family doctor for about 13 years. I have been thinking about loking for another family doctor for some time now. He has definitely changed from when I first started to see him. He too also misdiagnosed me telling me I had something when I in fact did NOT. Now that I have read all the reviews I know that others feel the same way. In the 13 years I have had no physical. Is it not the doctors job to make sure his patients are healthy and up to date on their health. He rushes you out the door. If you have mental health issues forget about it Effexor is his answer to everything. I have seen other doctors in his practice and Always get far better treatment than he gives. He even once spoke bad about another doctor when he did not agree with meds that where prescribed, told me to put them in the garbage. I WILL now be looking for another dr. I hope you read this Dr. G.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2673814].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2015

Dr.Garay has been my doctor for about 7 years now. He is an awesome doctor, has a great personality and very helpful. He makes sure you fully understand what's going on and is always very pleasant.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2600389].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2014

Had been my doctor since I can remember he always makes time for me and always make sure I go home healthy!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2570703].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2014

Dr. Garay has been my doctor for about ten years now and he is just getting steadily worse and worse. He consistently doesn't read info sent to him by clinics, orders the WRONG tests and then has to call you back in to sit there while he reads through the information for the first time. I will go to a walk in clinic before going to see him because I feel judged when speaking to him about my sexual history. He doesn't look at me when I go to him with a problem, he's never given me a physical, he tells me that he makes up my weight on forms and I feel shoved out the door when I see him. He is next to impossible to get an appointment with and not worth going to see in the first place. I am currently looking for a new doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2448416].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

Dr. Garay has been my dr for about 10 years. He is an awesomae doctor, always takes me on time, never a long wait. He is very knowledgeable, sends me for tests as needed. Also like that he is personalable, and kind to me for each visit. Excellent doctor, I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1357729].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2013

Dr Garay is a nice man however he is far to busy, takes weeks to get appts, and some he cancels the day of when you finally see him he doesn't even exam you any more just asks what's wrong as he's pretty much walking you out the door. Has been our family doctor for over 15 years, he use to take time with you but now he doesn't, always rushes you and never checks you usually sends you to another Doctor or mostly recommends physio or massage which I found out is his own practice or partnership, my opinion is a conflict of interest and a money scam he should disclose the fact that he owns part of that business. My family have complained alot but unfortunately we are stuck due to the lack of doctors in Brampton. I was admitted in Brampton hospital he was on duty in the ER while I was there and never checked me the entire stay, admitted for 2 weeks ,never came once. very poor and not the way he use to be. He needs to slow down and take care of his patients not only $ Where did the DR go?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1357730].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 23, 2013

First of all I don't believe the positive ratings below since they are far from Dr. Garay, actually i found it comical. He lacks the basic knowledge that is needed as a doctor, is unwilling to spend any time with his patients to understand their needs and makes serious careless mistakes that effect people's lives. Sure you don't have to wait long for your appointment because he is walking out the door before you are finished telling him why you are there. I was given the wrong dose of a medication where the pharmacist had to point out i was taking dangerous amounts. His examinations are done in a careless way because of the lack of knowledge on how to do them properly and his careless attitude resulting in serious health problems. Dr. Garay you should give your patients more time to understand their needs and spend more time learning perhaps from other doctors to improve your skills. Ultimately this would prevent careless mistakes from happening. These are people's lives.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1357728].votes_count ]]