Ratings for Dr. Rick Uretsky

Delivered my high risk baby. Caring, empathetic, yet straight forward about what needed to be done. Reassuring nature and respectful of my birth plan. Would have him deliver my next children.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Uretsky from the time I was a nervous and scared 15 year old girl with ovary problems. He was gentle, caring and did his best to put me at ease and make my procedures as painless and as comfortable as possible. I realise it is a bit of a wait to see him, but that is what you should expect when you are making an appointment with a specialist - you can't expect to get in the following week!

flag | Submitted November 7, 2014

Dr Richard Uretsky is the best gynecologist in Edmonton. He is really straight forward and helpful. i was very lucky to be refered to him. However the staff in front at the cap city womens centre are the laziest, most rude bunch you will find in any doctors office. they never leave messages if the call,and if you call they keep on transfereing to everyone in the office.no one wanted to answer my call when i called to check why they had called me and even would pick up and then hang up on me.i would suggest they take a course in customer service and phone etiquette.these kind of staff reflect badly on the nice doctors in that office. i will tell everyone i meet about the rude and unproffessional staff in that office.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2013

My family doctor referred me to Dr. Uretsky because my husband and I had been trying to get pregnant for 9 months with no results. He did some fertility blood work and it was all normal and suggested a do a laprascopy and flush my fallopian tubes! Well needless to say the next month my husband and I found out we were expecting and are now awaiting the arrival of our new bundle (I am 3 months) :D

flag | Submitted January 19, 2012

I was referred to Dr Uretsky for infertility. He did one blood test on day 21 and then recommended surgery. They found nothing. He told me to keep trying for 6 months and then come back. In the interim I heard of another specialist accepting new patients. She did day 3 and day 21 bloodwork and reviewed my husbands results. Turns out the issue all along was my husband. She also did an ultrasound on me and we found I have a wall between my uterus. I found out more in two months than in a year with Uretsky. He is very kind, but I lost all faith in the order he should have done things. I also felt I had little or no support. I may have had to do the surgery anyway, but he should have completed the less invasive tests first. Now that all the required info has been completed I can now get a referral to te fertility clinic. Wait time is 8 months to 2 years. Thanks for wasting a year for me Uretsky. Maybe it's time he retired.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2011

What an awesome doctor! Dr. Uretsky was kind, respectful and informative. I had virtually no pain after my day surgery. The nurses (who are second to none) at the Misericodia said he is their very best and I believe it. Thank you and a hug to you, Doctor Uretsky!

flag | Submitted October 25, 2010

My experience is very positive, I found dr. U very kindandanswered all my questions. His staff could use a make over, I found them rude and uncaring.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2010

Staff are totally incompetant and ignorant. Waited 3 months for this appointment as I was told Dr. Uretsky specialized in my particular problem. The office didn't tell me that they'd moved even though I called to confirm the appointment the week before as instructed, and I arrived ON THE BUS only to discover I was completely in the wrong place. When I finally got there the staff were rude and dismissive and didn't bother to tell me that Dr. Uretsky wasn't actually there, he was on vacation (again not mentioned when I called) but that I would be seeing someone else who didn't have the same special training he did. There were no apologies for the inconvenience and their attitude was essentially "so what? If you don't like it leave." 3 other people in the waiting room had the same experience I did, not good! The nurse and doctor that I DID see after waiting for nearly an hour were both very nice but I would not return there as long as the receptionists/manager were still working there.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2010

Dr. Uretsky, has been a wonderful Dr. to me and helped me out when I need to have my overies removed do to growths on them and he new I was scared as I just had a new Grandson and didn't want to have the surgery, his staff and himself made it much easier for me and allowed my new Grandson to come and see me before I went for the surgery. I would recommend him .

flag | Submitted July 21, 2010

I was referred to dr. Uretsky due to infertility issues. During the appointment he spoke mostly to his student and gave the impression of being annoyed by my interuptions. I was new to the infertility thing and knew very little about what was going on and felt that he did not have any time to spend on me. He prespcribed meds and I as I understood I was to return if they did not work. I specifically asked him if there are any side affects, he said I should be OK. I experienced side effects from this drug that impacted my daily life and decided to see a different OB who immediately took me off the meds. I would not recommend Dr. Uretsky.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2010