Ratings for Dr. Richard L. Moskowitz

The most deplorable human being I have ever met. Do not see him unless you like to be degraded and belittled. I don't care how skilled of a surgeon he may be, I would never let such a rude, uncaring arrogant person anywhere near me. It is absolutely horrifying that this man is allowed to practice medicine. He is the reason why everyone hates doctors.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2017

I don't know where the bad reviews are coming from. I went to see Dr. Moskowitz for a fissure, and am still in the process of treating it. I found the office staff to be very pleasant, polite, and professional. Dr. Moskowitz was great. Took his time to go over all my questions, give me different diet options and give me a treatment plan. It isn't instant gratification with something like a fissure, but that's just the nature of hemorrhoidal problems, can't be mad at the doctor for that.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

As a young woman who suddenly developed a colorectal issue, I must admit that I was a bit nervous about the prospect of being examined by a male doctor. But after having been treated by Dr. Richard Moskowitz, I can quite honestly, and most thankfully admit, that my trepidation was for naught. Dr. Moskowitz was truly wonderful upon meeting me for my first appointment. He was both patient and focused while I explained my reasons for coming to see him. Moreover, even before actually examining me, he clearly explained everything that he would be doing, to allay my fears. He was not only kind and gentle, but reassuring as well. In addition, his staff were very friendly and accommodating in their efforts to schedule an appointment for me as soon as possible, for which I am most appreciative. I have had several follow-up visits with him and can now exclaim, with gratitude and great relief, that my problem has been resolved. I highly recommend Dr. Moskowitz; he is an extremely qualified and dedicated physician.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2016

Staff told me my insurance was terminated when it wasn't, appointment at 11 am. Didn't get taken into room until 11:45. Had bp taken, and then had to go back into waiting room because the Doctor had "stepped out"...

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

Rude and uncaring. Wants the money. Got an infection after first surgery. His fault. Operated again and it cost me $1000 out of pocket. Lost three months of my life cause of his malpractice. Then charges for post op office visits. Because "he can". What a jerk. I wouldn't go back to him for anything. And I blame my primary for referring him to me too. The entire Barnabas system is terrible. To anybody reading this and deciding to use him anyway I say you're crazy. Office is gross too. Left me waiting on the table in the office with my pants down for twenty minutes. Unacceptable. The most horrific experience with a doctor ever.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

Arrogance your nom-de-plume would be Dr Richard Moskowitz. He had very little time for me. He was short, arrogant (the word is just too applicable) and cold. I went in for bad case of hemorrhoids. After examining me, he said " you are too tight for me to work on you outside of surgery and your insurance will not cover the surgery so there is nothing I can do". Seriously !! As we were wrapping up, he said "nobody ever bled to death from hemorrhoids". Seriously !! P.S., I went to another doctor and within minutes, bing bang boom and my hemorrhoids were addressed. His walls may be filled with accolades but he surely needs a Colon Rectal surgeon because he is definitely one major pain in the ass.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2014

I lived with the torture of an anal fistula for 10 years and had treatment from several surgeons which didn't help. Then I went to Dr. M. who performed the seton procedure which solved the problem. I do admit that his personality and bedside manner aren't soothing BUT his ability and skills are above reproach. I felt his coldness, too, but figured I wanted to get healed. After everything was over I gave him a gift certificate to a local Italian restaurant. I would say take a deep breath and deal with his personality in order to obtain his skills.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2013

This guy should not be allowed to practice medicine. Cold, unfriendly and couldn't care less about your issues. All he wants is expensive surgery. Harrased me because Cigna didn't pay the ridiculously expensive office visit fast enough, made me wait nearly an hour in the waiting room while they had lunch. Rushed me through the visit and did nothing to help my fissure. He has the bedside manner of a gorilla - and he's three feet tall. Who cares how skilled he is when the man is a pig of a human being.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2013

Dr. Moskowitz operated on my anal fissure. He is an excellent surgeon. I am so happy to be pain free. I would highly recommend him to everyone.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2012

Watches the clock all the time, wants the patient in and out quickly.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2012

Dr. Richard L. Moskowitz's Credentials

• Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)

Sagamore Health Network