Ratings for Dr. James Gray

I have seen Dr. Gray on several occasions and he was always pleasant and professional. He was able to schedule a colonoscopy and endoscopy for me in very little time. Both of these exams were done very thoroughly including providing me with a post exam booklet of photographs taken during the exam. My GP remarked how helpful it was to have these photos. I would have no problem recommending Dr. Gray.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

I saw this doctor several years ago now. He had an attitude that seemed to say he was annoyed by having to deal with me and given the sensitive nature of a gastroenterological problem he made no attempts to remove his arrogance and even try to make me feel comfortable. With the same disdain, he asked me to get up on the bed for an exam and lay on my side facing away from him. I did as he asked not knowing what was to come and I was also fully clothed in my work clothes wearing a skirt and pantyhose on my lower half. Suddenly, I felt him forcefully yank up my skirt, violently pull down my hose and forced his finger into me from behind. It was so violent that it happened in a matter of seconds. It was not a proper exam but a completely disrespectful act of brutality, and I can't tell you how I knew, but I knew he did it to humiliate me. I don't care what anyone says here about this man. And I know that I would never be able to prove that what he did to me was an abusive act by a man in authority who took advantage of a vulnerable woman and did something so unacceptably vile that he would never have the courage to do the same thing to a man. . But I know what you did James Grey. And I don't think men like you do that just one time. So I'm writing this hoping that other women might read this and realize it wasn't just them. That visit will never leave me, but I hope that sharing will help any others out there who were young vulnerable women who had the same horrific experience.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

I have found him over a number of appointments to be a brilliant doctor, who can explain the needful in detail and in ways a lay person can understand; I admire his expertise, his knowledge and his great, good heart. Sure he can have his 'off' moods - who doesn't - but if I ignore it, remain positive and on task with the medical issues , it's time well spent. His advice works! I feel fortunate to have been referred to him. And- He rarely keeps me waiting when I am there for my appointment

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

I was very anxious and scared, but Dr Gray answered my questions, gave me advice and was very patient with me. My appointments are always punctual and I have had 2 colonoscopies performed by Dr Gray since September last year and there was no discomfort. Very knowledgeable and friendly.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

Dr. Gray made me feel hopeless and I was in tears when I left the office. anytime I asked him anything he seemed annoyed. He gave me a few suggestions but nothing i didn't already research myself. I didnt like his bedside manner at all. A waste of driving parking fees and three months waiting.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

I am shocked that this doctor gets so many good reviews. He rushed me in. Seemed to have already made a diagnosis before I even opened my mouth. Was not listening when I was sharing my symptoms - that makes it pretty hard to diagnose the patient!!! I waited 4 months to see this doctor and got nowhere. As someone who has suffered from stomach problems for 5 years this was very upsetting. He gave me 0 hope. I actually cried when I left his office. Doctors get paid by volume of patients, not by results - and it really showed with this one!!!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

He appeared to be reasonably friendly and interested, at first. But rather quickly in our meeting, he focussed on one of my symptoms and stopped listening. He referred later to the "fact" that I had mentioned that I got sick while travelling while my husband didn't. I have no idea where that comment came from. I never said that; I never use the word "husband" when referring to my partner, and the situation he described never happened! Where did he get that from??? It was worrisome. He clearly used the "recipe" model to diagnose me (focusing one one ingredient, or symptom) and refused to consider nuances. He was very dismissive of my questions. Needless to say, I don't trust his diagnosis.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Dr. Gray was very helpful and patient with me. He listened to my concerns and answered all of my questions.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2013

I chose to see Dr. Gray from reading the reviews on this website. I was a bit iffy about trusting the words of online strangers but thought some feedback is better than going in not knowing the thoughts of other patients. I was pleasantly surprised with Dr. Gray. He was very patient and allowed me several chances to ask him any questions I had. He seems like a very assuring, capable and knowledgeable doctor.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2012

I am not sure why people are complaining about Dr. Gray. He was very pleasant and has great bedside manners. He spent almost half an hour wiht me and asked lots of questions. Listened without yawning or looking at his watch. Gave me a good check up. Answered my questions. Has given good suggestions to follow up for my ailment.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2012