Ratings for Dr. D. Murthy

pathetic doctor with full ego and don't know what he thinks of himself

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

No bedside manners.....does not seem to care,,,,I don't think I would take my dog to him,,,leaking heart valve is not a joke...yet the second he saw me told me there was nothing wrong with me..and it was at his request for me to come in and check that valve again...He did no tests ....nothing..Grrr...Sick and tired of some just collecting wages...

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

We had a very bad experience with Dr Murthy when my mother was admitted with a heart attack. He main goal was to get her released even though she was clearly very ill and unable to walk on her own. Her colour was bad and she was very weak. He discharged her before she could walk and I refused to take her home so he readmitted her under a General Practisioner. He said there was nothing wrong with her and she wasn't going to get better laying in the bed. We took her home a few days after that. 3 days later we brought her back to emergency by ambulance with another heart attack. Dr. Deghani did an angiogram and she had a 99% blockage in the artery leading to the lower right portion of the heart and repaired it. Dr Murthy should have done this procedure with her first heart attack and she would not have had the second one. Dr Murthy has no love for elderly patients and the nursing staff were all aweful right along with him. I had to sit there day and night because the were all downright mean. This was the worst e perience of my life. So glad I live in Ottawa with the heart institute. I would not recommend Dr Murthy or his staff to my worst enemy.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

I can not tell you how unimpressed I am with this so called doctor. He has no "bed side manners" what so ever. He is rude and crude and his behaviour is unacceptable!!! He didn't ask us how he can help. He didn't even let us ask our questions. And he did not give us any hope what so ever to feel good about the situation. I cannot believe that our seniors or anyone needs to deal with this kind of inappropriate behaviour and lack of human decency.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

He sounds intelligent but clearly he's a bit stupid. Oh plus he's rude and so unorefesssional to nurses, i was even standing next to the nurse when he insulted and embarrsed her. I would have sued. He doesn't desrve a star.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Ego egomaniac! Indifferent! Pathetically non-helpful! Erratic behavior! Rude! Questionable character!

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

My Dad was referred to Dr Murthy and when we met him we were both very impressed. He was very pleasant and relaxed which really helped my Dad. He took a lot of time to explain everything in a very easy manner. He was very knowlegable and was very patient. I would highly recommend this Dr. and we are very lucky to have him in Saskatchewan. We left the appointment very confident in this Dr.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2010

I was referred to Dr Murthy by my G.P. I have to say he was a very pleasant, smart Dr, explained the tests,results everything I felt I needed to know. I would highly recommend Dr. Murthy to anyone who needs help or advise in Cardiology. P.S. My high blood pressure is now within acceptable numbers for the first time in a long time.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2009

I went to this dr. and I have a heart condition, when I told him my legs had started to swell, he said it was my age. Even the pharmacy knew I had a heart problem. I am in my sixtys and he considered me an elderly person. I was not impressed at all.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2008

Fantastic!!!!!!!!!! Not only a very friendly and smart fellow, but managed to get me off cigarettes (after many years of trying to quit myself). An absolute lifesaver!!!!!!!! If you need a cardiologist, this is the man to see.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2008