Ratings for Dr. JOSEPH M. Payne

Dr. Payne helped me and I have my life back! I am so thankful to him. He does run late but that is understandable. He really seemed to care about me and want me to be free of the pain. Today I am! Thank you Dr. Payne

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015

Is ture to his name. Did 4 surgerys on me, still hurting! Has good bed side manor, when he is in town! Never has called me, except when he heard I was going to sue him! DO NOT PUT YOUR LIFE IN HIS HANDS, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2015

After a failed procedure (by another surgeon), I was so appreciative to find Dr. Payne. He has a very patient, caring, and genuine bedside manner. Although quite knowledgeable and skilled, he is humble and explains clearly the risk factors involved in needed surgeries. I had experienced pain for more than one year due to my condition, and was worried I'd have to live this way forever. However, after the repeat surgery performed by Dr. Payne, my life has improved immeasurably. The post-surgery care I received was as excellent as the pre-surgery consultations. I am so grateful everyday to no longer hurt and to have had such a skilled, kind surgeon as Dr. Payne. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2013

I am a chiropractor that has referred patients to Dr. Payne over the years. His staff is extremely helpful getting these patients seen. Follow up conversations with my patients about their experience has always been very positive and they all love him. He really cares about his patients and what he does. One of my patients that I recommended to him had called me because she had a tumor in her colon and wanted to use alternative treatments only. I begged her to see Dr. Payne, which she finally did, but chose not to follow up with Dr. Paynes suggestions. Dr. Payne told me that he spent a few hours on the phone with her but she did not heed his recommendations. Unfortunately she passed away. Both of us agree that her life could well have been saved. He is truly a very caring doctor in my opinion.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2011

Dr. Payne performed an Anal Fistulatomy in February 2009. No Fun! Full healing took 10 weeks and 100% now. I would use him again and recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2010

Not true to his words! when things go wrong he forgets about you. would never go back.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2009

Dr. JOSEPH M. Payne's Credentials

• Univ Of Nc At Chapel Hill Sch Of Med, Chapel Hill Nc 27599 (Grad. 1984)

AARP