Ratings for Dr. Jerry A. Stirman

A few days after having being operated on by Dr. Stirman I ended up in the emergency room. He came in to see me and basically told me I was over reacting. As it turns out I was not over reacting and had a bile leak from where he did not close one of my bile ducts properly after galbladder surgery. I was forced to suffer with this for a few more days before I went back to his office. At this point I could barely walk, he finally admitted something was wrong and I was admitted to the hospital. I have had to have two proceedures since then to correct this problem. He can be very inconsistant and can be rude one momment and nice the next. All in all I would suggest if you are about to have surgery you go elsewhere. My experience with being Dr. Stirman's patient was emotionally and physically exhausting, and one of the worst times of my life. Not to mention expensive because of the extra proceedures and hospitalizations to correct the surgery he did not do right to start with.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2012

Great Surgeon! Great Person! Had a procedure one week ago and am feeling great today. Couldn't ask for more!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2011

He is an amazing doctor. I could not have gotten through my breast cancer without him. It takes real talent to leave his office laughing directly after finding out you have cancer. He made a hard situation easier. I felt like I received the best care and would not dream of using another doctor. I highly recommend him and wish there was rating higher than a 5.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2011

Dr Stirman is the classic "has all the answers surgeon." Not board certified. Through personal experience, he does not manage the medical side of his patients well, and rarely refers to the house physican to assist in complicated cases. He told an insulin dependent diabetic, hospitalized with an infection,"better your sugar is high than low." That is not current standards of practice for diabetic management, doesn't support healing and contributes to further complications. Bedside manner is abrupt.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2009

Dr. Jerry A. Stirman's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1974)