Ratings for Dr. Michael S. Bryant

Dr. Bryant did 2 hernia repairs on me. I woke up both time with extreme pain. (these were small hernias). Having had other surgeries more invasive I could not understand why so much pain. (I hate pain meds). I asked this 3rd time needing him to repair these same hernia which came back yet again if he would use a local prior to me waking up from surgery to take the edge off the pain. He flat out said sarcastically "No, you should expect pain". I since spoke to another surgeon who said healing is easier and faster if the patient is given what is nessary to ease the pain level. My new surgeron gave me and said he gives every patient a local prior to waking from being cut. It was like night and day with the pain immediately following surgery. I would not recommend him. based on my experience.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

Arrogant and believes thag he is the smartest person. Prone to diagnose with amount small of data.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2014

Dr. Bryant is caring, kind, and has a way of making a patient feel very at ease. I would highly recommend him. He's a good man and a great surgeon.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2012

I found Doctor Bryant to be very caring, informative, and knowledgeable. His bedside manner is serious yet friendly. He is true to his word, and receptive to family members concerns and questions. He has performed surgeries on my mother and my father both of which brought them much needed relief. For my family we consider Michael S. Bryant to be a top shelf surgeon/physician.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2011

This Dr is like Dr Jeckyl and Mr Hyde!!. He fooled us in the beginning into thinking he cared. My daughter soon asked where did the nicenest go? I told her that it was all an act! We found out later that this Dr. was not nice at all. He didn't answer any of my questions truthfully. Found out later that my daughter may not have even needed the surgery that he performed. Found out that her test results prior to the surgery she had was normal and showed no lesion, but he didn't think we were important enough to know these results so that I could make an informed decision about whether I wanted my daughter to have surgery or further testing. When I found out about the test results through another Dr. I asked him why he didn't tell us that her ultrasound came back normal? He Looked at my daughter and me and said"I didn't have to!!!Oh my God! I could not believe my ears. He said he could tell she needed surgery because he could feel the lump so he didn't need to tell us the results. Crazy!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2009

Dr. Michael S. Bryant's Credentials

• University Of Louisville School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

The Guardian Life Insurance Company Of America