Ratings for Dr. Sabah Hamad

Confusing in explanations about what she was doing, seemed to be doing unnecessary biopsies, and seemed oblivious to my questions and my need not to keep returning every week or so for what seemed unnecessary tests, as all tests were negative, and she expected them to be negative.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

I LOVE Dr. Sabah Hamad. I had bilateral breast cancer with double mastectomy and reconstruction. She is GREAT!!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

Was jumpy and in a hurry, did nothing to relax or reassure me. Stated she could not feel the lump and was very condescending. Did not ultrasound other breast even though both had lumps my primary care dr. wanted to be examined. VERY DISAPPOINTING AND WOULD NOT RECOMMEND TO ANYONE.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2012

I had a raised place on my breast. Dr. Brannon my ob-gyn sent me to Dr. Hamed, a breast surgeon, even though he said my breast felt fine. He said he wanted me to get a mammogram. She charged 200.00 for an office visit, then said she had to do a 70.00 ultrasound to really know if I was healthy. Then she sent me to a radiologist for the mammogram - another 490.00 because they couldn't use Dr. Hamed's ultrasound and had to do their own. Dr. Hamed did nothing that Dr. Brannon and radiology did not. Between Dr. Brannon, Hamed and the radiologist, I spent over $800.00 to know nothing was wrong with my breast. My suggestion, skip Dr. Hamed after seeing your primary and go straight to the radiologist. Their machines are better and they have more hours of training in ultrasounds. Then if you do have breast cancer, go to Dr. Hamed or another surgeon. She may be a great surgeon but you don't need a surgeon for a healthy breast. Personality wise, she is hyper and fiery but caring.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2012

informative, knowledgable, upbeat, willing to answer all questions.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2011

During my second visit to Sabah Hamad, she was condescending, and berated me from the moment my exam began. This was because I understood my diagnosis on my first visit to be different than what she thought she had said. She berated me, and belittled me for the entire exam. Afterwards, she asked me personal questions in front of other patients and office staff. When I tried to explain I had an unusual reaction to a medication, she chastised me for not saying I was allergic! I was totally humiliated. Even a staff member quietly expressed her sympathy to me saying that the doctor had a "strong personality." I left immediately and cancelled all future appointments. I am an intelligent person who is respected in my community. There was no reason for Sabah Hamad to treat me so cruelly. In fact, my diagnosis should have invoked sympathy not condescension. I will NEVER return to Advanced Surgical Associates, and intend to share my experience with all potential patients of Hamad's.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2011

I had heard good things about Dr. Hamad prior to my visit. Unfortunately, the experience was markedly different. Dr. Hamad was short and seemed to ignore my comments. A few times in a 20 minute visit, she had to repeat questions I had answered a few minutes before. Additionally, she made me feel more anxious and uncomfortable in an already tense situation. Rather than spending a few extra minutes with me, she talked very quickly and was surprisingly impatient. I would rather have an increased wait time with a doctor who I felt cared about my situation. Needless to say, I am not recommending her to friends, family or coworkers.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2011

Dr. Hamad did not help me at all, and treated me like I was an idiot. I went in symptoms that I still have, and she gave me no explanation for my symptoms, did a short exam and because she felt nothing, questioned what I have felt, in a condesending manner. She then verbally stated in her notes, (she read them aloud which seemed odd), that "...the Patient..." reported a lump, none was found, and no further inquiries into this issue were needed. When I tried to justify my visit, she suggested that I come back when I "...actually feel...", the swelling. This would be hard, considering how long it took to get this appointment. To top this off, I paid a large co-pay, and waited one hour and thirty minutes to be seen. Her nurse acted as if I was ridiculous. Maybe I would have been treated with more consideration and respect if I had an "actual" issue. I have no intention of using Dr. Hamad of "Advanced Surgical Associates" in Cary, NC

flag | Submitted January 27, 2010

Dr. Sabah Hamad's Credentials

• East Carolina University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

Top Hospitals in Cary, NC