Ratings for Dr. Dean Hardy

Funny that one year since the last review, I came here to say the same thing. Have been seeing Dr. Hardy for many years now, and since the beginning of December 2016, my appointment has been cancelled and rebooked many times. Last year I believe he had an accident that made him unavailable for 2-3 months however, it seems like my appointments are getting cancelled frequently throughout the course of the past 2 years. This is becoming very cumbersome as I need regular follow up with various prescriptions and health issues. I am now looking for a new doctor, although it saddens me because I felt I had a good patient/doctor relationship. I wish him well.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

I don't know what's going on with Dr. Dean Hardy. He cancelled one appointment after another for a whole year for my whole family. We were in dire need of medical attention and had to end up going to the emergency. Not sure if Dr. Hardy is sick? Sadly, an undependable doctor. I wish him well and hope he recovers soon.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

Dr Hardy is the family doctor for my husband and me. He is punctual and resourceful. He refers to specialists when needed and is so knowledgeable that he is often able to solve our issues on his own. He is very personable and we are fortunate to have him as our family physician.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015

I've seen Dr. Hardy four times in four years for four separate issues. Each one has been a pleasant experience. One time, the office was running about 30 minutes behind, but every other visit was punctual. He got me in for an MRI on my knee within 5 weeks, which was great. He doesn't work mornings, which is too bad, but he is a terrific doctor. I hope he is many years away from retirement.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

Mona and one other lady were helpful. Others refused to do my blood pressure before seeing Dr. Hardy even though he requested I get this done before seeing him. The 1 issue/visit is really annoying as it took 6 months before I could start to deal with the issue I wanted to see him about originally. He does assume it's because you're fat that its the root of your issues and doesn't really work to see if it could be something else, which it was. Had to switch family doctors to get someone to actually do all the testing and get me on a path to wellness. Only if you don't have issues and just need an annual physical, he's ok.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015

Dr. Hardy is a very kind and concerned doctor. He can be quite tardy but only because he is taking time with a patient to attend to their health issue. I agree that the office is disorganized but that doesn't reflect on his competence. I am living out of province now otherwise he would still be my doctor.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

I will travel to see a good doctor, and Dr Hardy came very highly recommended so the hour drive was worth it if he proved to be a good doctor. The first time I saw Dr Hardy was very promising. He seemed to understand the reasons I was there and seemed willing to work with me. He was late, but that seems normal. The second time I was there he was later, very pushy about weight loss - even though I had just lost 60 lbs and was still working on it - but was not happy about the referral I had been inquiring about for a specialist regarding an obvious issue that required someone will educated in joints. The third time I was there was the last. He was nearly two hours late. When I had my height measured I found out I had shrunk and this concern was brushed off as a previous measurement error (20 years of mismeasurement seems unlikely). And then he explained that there was nothing that could be done for the initial reasons I went to see him. He was not willing to make the referral I asked but had no reason beyond him believing there was no issue, despite the history of x-rays that showed otherwise. There was no apology offered for being late. He also made assumptions on my lifestyle based on what he saw (fat) with no historical reference. He was a giant waste of time. 5 hours between driving and waiting for a 5 minute visit for him to tell me that there is nothing he can do warranted a letter to the college of physicians and surgeons. Not impressed.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

JUST ONE CONCERN AT A TIME!!!! you cannot ask second question. We went there 2 times for initial check up but as I asked another question at first so initial checkup not done yet!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

The staff at this clinic is terrible. They show incompetence and complete lack of consideration on regular basis. You will arrive to your appointment only to find out that they misbooked it. Your test results and paperwork will be misplaced or you can get someone else stuff. You will be given no courtesy: no apologies for mistakes and overall 'we don't care' attitude. So if you have a serious illness or ongoing medical concern, don't expect this clinic to be helpful in your recovery. All they are going to be is an obstacle on your way to getting better. I doubt the doctors themselves would be willing to get treated here.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

I have only seen Dr. Hardy once for a meet and greet appointment. I was supposed to see him again for a follow-up appointment, but have been unable to. Two times now I have had an appointment and when I arrived at the office I found out that Dr. Hardy had cancelled his appointments for the day. The office had called to leave a message on my home phone, but since I don't check those messages during the day, I asked them to make my cellphone number my primary number in case this ever happened again. Today, I had an appointment at 11:45. At 10:00 I phoned the office to confirm my appointment. The receptionist told me that it was all good. I got to the office and there was a sign on the door saying the office was closed. Again they phoned me at home despite my previous instructions. This has been a very frustrating experience I will not be returning. Dr. Hardy seemed like a nice doctor when I first met him, but he is obviously not very reliable.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015