Ratings for Dr. Don Pruett

Nice guy, really helped me with my hernia problem. Would recommend everyone to him.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2011

For several years now I've been looking for a venue to make a statement about Dr. Pruett. His hernia surgery resulted in horrendous complications for me. Worst surgery of any kind I've ever had. Wound area wouldn't heal and wept body fluids. Area stayed knotted and had severe spasms. Interestingly, he had told me that he was going to a back surgery for himself a day or two after he was scheduled to do my surgery. This probably had something to do with it. I can't imagine a seasoned elderly doctor like him doing such botched work & suspect that he didn't feel up to it and ended up letting an intern do the work. I was under anesthetic at the time and don't know this for sure. Both he & his son Dr. Chris Pruett stayed in denial having caused me these problems when I tried to bring it up to them. Hernia finally recurred within a year. Fortunately I had the sense to switch to another doctor who wonderfully and successfully fixed the hernia and undid the damage done by Don Pruett.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2008

Dr. Don Pruett's Credentials

• Univ Of Mo, Columbia Sch Of Med, Columbia Mo 65212 (Grad. 1960)

• Blue Cross Of California