Ratings for Dr. Richard Baverstock

Have been seeing Dr. Baverstock for the past six years since diagnose for prostate cancer. He is knowledgeable, listens to my desires and puts the whole experience at ease. Has a great sense of homour, which I consider an asset.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

Just recently had urethrotomy done at the rocky view hospital. And I could not be happier with my experience. Everyone involved from the porters to nurses and admitting staff were all super friendly and knowledgable. Dr baverstock himself seemed to go above and beyond making sure I felt comfortable and providing me the needed information. I have had this surgery before and had lots of blood and pain involved last time. This time around three days later I have had barely any pain and only drops of blood. I would definetly recommend him to anyone needing this same procedure. (as others have mentioned the only hard part is communicating with the office sometimes. There so busy and sometimes cannot answer phones ( but don't always allow voicemail messages either ) but that's minor compared to being treated by a competent surgeon like himself.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2015

I was very fortunate to see Dr Baverstock after several ER visits for a paraurethral cyst. He was professional and fully explained my upcoming procedure. Great sence of humour and bedside manner for a busy specialist!

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

Dr. Baverstock was very helpful in resolving bladder issues that where a result of my Primary Lateral Sclerosis medical condition I have. Staff where helpful and caring and Dr. Baverstock knowledge about my PLS condition was also greatly beneficial. Yes I am not to thrilled about using catheters for the rest of my life but know at least I can function normally in the workplace or on a flight to Toronto or wherever.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2015

Dr. Richard Baverstock has been my urologist for over a year now for urinary retention due to a neurogenic bladder. He's been good, ordering urological studies and explaining the results to me so I understand my problem. He's gone further to explain things to me than other specialists have for other problems. In turn this helps combat anxieties and helps with dealing with the uncertainties of my health condition. The only complaint I have is that his staff never answer the phones and sometimes take days to return voice mail messages. They're grumpy and unhelpful. However, they're not a reflection of the quality of care Dr. Baverstock gives himself.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014

He and his staff were excellent! I could not be more happy with the treatment and outcome of the surgery! Thanks, you gave me my life back!

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

I just had surgery with Dr. Baverstock and I would strongly recommend him to anyone! He takes the time to get to know his patients and always asked me questions about myself. He was very reassuring, descriptive and kind in all he does. Definitely feel blessed to have had him looking after me!

flag | Submitted September 9, 2014

Great attitude, has a very relaxed approach, explains in detail what to expect and what the outcomes will be.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2011

My experience was very good. He was a little brisk, but not unfriendly. A little robotic, but so what. These surgeons are very busy people and I felt very fortunate to have this very experienced specialist in my corner. Radical prostatectomy. Went very well and 4 weeks later I am walking and doing light weights at the gym. Only very slight bladder leakage at this time and sexual function has returned ( but not full erection). I don't think you could hope for more than this surgeon, in this country, in this province, in that Rockyview facility.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2010

I found that Dr.Baverstock is a great urologist. I am a young guy and a guy my age shouldn't have the issues I had. This Dr made me feel very comfortable. His office staff were great and friendly.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2010