Ratings for Dr. Pieter Strauss

I can't even begin to tell you how much Dr Strauss has saved my life. I hit rock bottom about 6 years ago, was seen by mental health and encouraged to get better and sent on my way. I wasn't better and needed help, so i was sent to Dr Strauss. And so very thankful I was. Dr Strauss never judged me, he worked with me to help me understand what was going on in my brain. He never pushed pills to me, he taught me coping strategies when situations arises, he gave me homework to better myself each day. He is a caring, compassionate Dr who sits and listens to you. I am so lucky to be a patient of his.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2018

I have an immense sense of gratitude and feel extremely privileged having had the good fortune of becoming a patient of Dr. Strauss. In the decade since becoming my Psychiatrist he has helped me out of the darkest depths of depression and despair saving both my life and my marriage. I have found him to be a wise and highly intelligent scholar across a wide range of subjects. i have also found him to be extremely honest, treating his patients with dignity, empathy and respect. In my opinion he is an all around decent example of humanity treating his patients like individual human beings instead of a pharmacare piece work job # and payment.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2018

He is very helpful and super encouraging. I have seen him off an on for a few years and he has been able to help me in finding the right medications and encourage me in my lifestyle choices to become an overall healthy person

flag | Submitted February 2, 2018

I have been a patient of Dr. Strauss since 2001. There have been many years when I have been well and not needed to be under his care. But when my severe depression was at its worst this man saved my life. He is caring, competent and not afraid to work with you to find the right medication. I have had to have shock treatment and have been in states of extreme paranoia. He never has wavered in his kind, competent care. I am well today and still need to be on meds. This man is the finest in his profession.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2017

Dr Strauss is a amazing physiatrist. He has helped me so much on how to live with my mental illness challenges. He listens and cares for his patients. He is kind hearted and knows always what to say to make me feel more hopeful. I am so blessed to have such a awesome dr in my life. He has given me reason to keep going on in life. He believes in me when others don't. I highly recommend him to anyone who is searching for help. He has made a great name for himself and I completely trust him with my well being.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Dr Strauss is a most unusual psychiatrist - he serves his patients and not his ego. I was most fortunate to find him after years of struggle. He has been nothing but respectful, concerned, patient, wise, gentle and infinitely kind. I would trust him with my life. In fact I have trusted him with my life. It is so difficult to trust the so-called helping profession as too often they have their own agenda but Dr Strauss's agenda is to help people to become well and he will use every means available to him in order to achieve that. A selfless and true gentleman. I cannot speak highly enough of him.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

Dr. Strauss knows me better than I know myself at times. He is so encouraging, kind, and I don't know what I would do without him. I have been a patient of his for over 20 years and he has helped me see that my mental illness is just that, an illness, not something made up. Thank you so much Dr. Strauss

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

He used to be a good shrink but no longer. He refuses to speak to family even though the patient requests the need for assistance. He makes a 10 min appointment and charges full rates takeing advantage of the system and of the patients inability to question such actions. He expects patients to direct their own care so now basically just sits and listens to patient but does nothing to intervene if patients actions are dangerous. Because of his refusal to listen to warnings that our family member was in serious mania.. he was charged with assault. Though Strauss was warned of the destructive manic behaviour he did nothing. Because as a physiatrist he is responsible for the care of his patients and allowed the detriment to occur within our family even though fully warned a complaint has been brought forward to the college of physicians and surgeons and are waiting response.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2017

The best psychiatrist ever. He helps you as much as he can and actually cares about you .

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016

Dr. Pieter Strauss became my psychiatrist in 2001 after a traumatic event that left me in a severe depression. I had many well years after his exceptional care. In 2011 after a work accident I again suffered with severe insomnia and acute severe depression. I will never forget one day I asked in fear and frustation, " Dr. Strauss what are you going to do with me?" He replied calmly and with conviction." We are going to keep you alive. I will hope for you until you are able to hope for yourself." Dr. Strauss knows the human heart as well as meds. Both have kept me alive. I owe my sanity if not my life to him.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016