You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Pieter Strauss

This man, as 'all over the place' he can be, has been my saviour. He has limited time. But uses it well. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Amazing. Joyful, Optomistic and kknowledgeable. Hes amazing. I wish he had more time.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2016

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

I would highly recommend Dr Strauss to anyone! I have seen many psychiatrists over the years for anxiety, depression, and mild brain damage. I was used to them not having personalities and leaning towards over medicating. My first visit to Dr Strauss I was a nervous wreck. What kind of Dr would he be? Before I could say a word he went into a speech about how he is there to be my helper and he addressed every concern I had from negative past experiences. I am well aware that my mental health is my battle and I'm the one who changes my thoughts and problem solving techniques. But he was definitely my coach. Finding the right mix of meds with the least side effects, and CBT therapy. I'm now at a point where I'm working part time and may even become full time some day. I had been told I was going to be medicated and on disability my whole life but with the help of Dr Strauss I've worked through many road blocks. Now I don't feel like a broken person. I feel like my struggles, cracks and chips have been glued together with gold. That broken is beautiful. Kintsugi - the Japanese art of repairing broken pottery with lacquer dusted or mixed with powdered gold, silver, or platinum, As a philosophy it treats breakage and repair as part of the history of an object, rather than something to disguise. highlighting the cracks and repairs as simply an event in the life of an object rather than allowing its service to end at the time of its damage or breakage. Thank you Dr Strauss. I won't throw my self in the garbage but I'll look back at my battle scars with pride that I made it through.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

Integrity in Medicine, Excellence in Healthcare, Patient Focused Care.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

What a nightmare. What an utter and complete nightmare I went through in the early 2000, starting with Dr. Pieter Strauss. It all started when I was a mid 40's woman with a good little business and writer for the community paper. Suddenly I wasn't feeling so well. I was sad. No energy. Anxious all of the time. I went to a family doctor and was given anti-depressants. In addition I drank, I ate anti-anxiety medication like candy. My moods were swinging more than a monkey in a forest. So, after a brief hospital stay enter Dr. Peter psychiatrist: diagnosis, bi-polar. Later, my pharmacist said he was alarmed and he had never seen anyone on so many drugs so quickly. Brain drugs. Mood drugs. Anti-psychotic drugs (even though I never had a manic or psychotic episode in my life). This bizarre new world went on for more years. Things got quite a bit worse after the death of my son (by then I had zero coping skills, only pills and wine to fall back on) and I gave in to mental illness. All in. Disability cheques for life if I wanted them. I left my husband, left my career, I left Abbotsford to find I don't know what, but it ended up being hell. More drugs. More diagnosis, more suicide...think about it...depression turned to bi-polar, lack of focus turned to ADHD, flashbacks led to PTSD, electrifying feelings in my brain led to anti-psychotic. It was a never ending helpless, hopeless, cruel and uncompassionate world that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Borderline personality was offered when I became disagreeable with psychiatrists and their solutions. I am only alive because my spirit was stronger than those labels and those drugs. In 2007 I weaned myself off (no doctor would help me, of course) and almost died in the process. I pushed through. A year later I was ready. Ready to deal with what pushed me over the edge mentally. I never did like counselling much; just swishing around in the mud adding the pain over and over until it becomes ingrained in your subconscious mind causing more darkness. I had the fortune of learning something through someone else, and I called a Clinical Hypnotherapist in my area. I went to 14 sessions and never looked back. I went back in my mind, and with my more mature, adult, wiser self, went back and saved the emotional well being of the girl who was abused so horribly. I became my own physician. I gave the little girl everything she needed until I could feel to healing to my bones. It was all mental, of course. I reframed events using my powerful mind; I brought mental choices to that little child in there who was creating so much drama in my life. There hasn't been a mentally unstable moment since. Before it gets to any point, I now listen to myself. Even better, I obey myself. Thanks for everything Dr. Peter. you put me on a path I wouldn't change for the world. You entered me into the pharmaceutical system of hell and made me hit a bottom so low I had no place else to go but up. Because of you I am a sound, stable, alternative mental health practitioner talking against science and psychiatry. There isn't a thing scientific about what you do and how you label and what you dish out to fix matters of the soul. Lots and lots of industries are counting on people being mental cases. And yours is at the top of the list. Anyway, you once said I would write a book about bi-polar one day. Well, guess what, I wrote the book. It had nothing to do about bi-polar, other than my chapter about how you and other scientists tried to kill my spirit, if not my body. Turns out I had trauma as a child, and suffered with episodes of PTSD, and the trauma was what needed to be healed, silly, not my brain! My book is called, Evil Eyes, A Daughter's Memoir and can be found at Amazon.ca The other thing is, I want to know if it is true that the pharmaceutical companies pay for all of your kickbacks and fun at medical training conventions? I was thinking of doing a speech at one but understood the pharmaceutical companies who are paying for everything don't like my good news for mental cases. The beauty of real true healing is that there are no feelings of being a victim whatsoever. Today I can objectively look back and see where I am 100% responsible for every single thing that happened to me within the science community. Strange, it was like I wase in a hypnotic trance all going for a drugs to make me better in the face of LIFE! The commercials pretending to care told me to ask my doctor about drugs to stop my symptoms! Big mistake. Huge. My bad. Doctors only respond to what you tell them. I got it. Anyway, I do not wish you ill (like you did me), but hope one day you become enlightened to what the hell it is you scientists are actually doing to society, and women in general. Just think about it. Cherylann Thomas, West Kelowna.

Submitted February 28, 2015

I first met Dr. Strauss the summer of 1970. I was almost 16 years old. I had been severely assaulted, my wounds had healed, and I was in need of a psychiatrist to deal with the trauma. He rescued me, at a time when psychiatrists actually listened and took notes. He was so down to earth and truthful. It was refreshing and comforting being with him. I have been misunderstood by doctors in the past, and to my surprise, I have the opportunity to have a visit with Dr. Strauss, 2 years ago as a psych patient in Abbotsford. I didn't recognize him at first, but felt that same kind approach I felt 42 years before. He kindly recognized right away that I deal with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. It is a kinder diagnosis than I received from other doctors. I would love to be a patient of his but am told he doesn't take on any new patients, he is so busy. He recognized that one of my problems in life, was my confidence. A teenaged girl is often thinking about how they look. Comparing myself to what I see on TV is not healthy. I should go to a crowded place and watch people. Most people are ordinary. For an ordinary person, I was lovely he said. He made so much sense to me, that I repeated those thoughts to my children as they grew. He helped me understand myself, the assault, and my hospital experience. He helped me to understand that some of my memories, were me having an out of body experience. He took me to a bathroom. A big room where bathing was done. He showed me a tub with a stretcher above it. He tells me, that it was when I shed a few tears, as they lowered me into the water, that I wanted to live. This provokes other memories that I had in the bathroom. I remember going with him to look at my chart, I did not know that such good records were kept, I wanted to read them all. There were too many abbreviations and words that I would have to learn and he took upon himself the chore of summarizing my hospital stay in words I could understand. He was working on that, when I abruptly left the hospital without notice, or returning. So sad, I was that I wasn’t going back to the hospital. I write this so that I can in my heart, mind and soul…. thank him for all his fine efforts with me the Summer of 1970. I thank him, for giving me a breathe of fresh air, the day he met with me 2 years ago. He got older, but he was still the same kind and understanding man I remember. If he reads this, I want him to know that I am remembering my hospital stay, and it’s not filled with fear and dread.

Submitted January 6, 2015

flag | Submitted December 31, 2014

I am grateful to be one of dr. Strauss' patients. He is held in high esteem by his medical colleagues and by the people of his community. Over the years of his service to Abbotsford, he has become known for his keen mind, excellent diagnostic and management skills and he has become respected for the compassionate care of those patients who often are pushed aside or seen as weak by others. His ability to establish rapport and his intuition make very few people not love him. Thank you, dr. S!

flag | Submitted December 25, 2014

I never believe everything I read and I definitely don't believe the comments left by those that gave Dr. Strauss a low rating. If I could give Dr. Strauss straight 5's I would but I can't because sometimes he's a bit late. But that's only because he is spending a bit of extra time with someone who needs a bit of extra time and I have no problem with that. In fact, he has spent extra time with me when I have needed it. He has also seen me when I haven't had an appointment. Once I was so upset I didn't know what to do so I went to his office (like he told me too) his receptionist was so kind she had me wait in the office until he could see me and he did see me ( just like he said he would) and he made me feel so much better. Dr. Strauss is patient, respectful and SO kind to me even when I am not. I feel so fortunate that Dr. Strauss is my psychiatrist, I can't imagine seeing anyone else.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

Caring and compassionate. This man is a gem in this medical system.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

Dr. Pieter Strauss's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "This man, as 'all over the place' he can be, has been my saviour. He has limited time. But uses it well. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Amazing. Joyful, Optomistic and kkn..."

January 15, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The Absolutely Best Dr. Ever!! Very thorough, educated, worldy and compassionate."

December 2, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I would highly recommend Dr Strauss to anyone! I have seen many psychiatrists over the years for anxiety, depression, and mild brain damage. I was used to them ..."

October 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Integrity in Medicine, Excellence in Healthcare, Patient Focused Care."

June 25, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "V2S0" to "V2T 5T4". Address has been updated from "None" to "2955 Gladwin Road". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "16048528565".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "What a nightmare. What an utter and complete nightmare I went through in the early 2000, starting with Dr. Pieter Strauss. It all started when I was a mid 4..."

February 28, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I first met Dr. Strauss the summer of 1970. I was almost 16 years old. I had been severely assaulted, my wounds had healed, and I was in need of a psychiatris..."

January 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Not only did he cured me of this horrible, on going illness, he saved my life and I'm ever so grateful."

December 31, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I am grateful to be one of dr. Strauss' patients. He is held in high esteem by his medical colleagues and by the people of his community. Over the years of his..."

December 25, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This doctor rates himself on here. Ratings appear when a negative pops up, and then after theres 3 5 star ratings. Funny."

November 26, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I never believe everything I read and I definitely don't believe the comments left by those that gave Dr. Strauss a low rating. If I could give Dr. Strauss str..."

November 6, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Caring and compassionate. This man is a gem in this medical system."

October 30, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Strauss is a wonderful doctor and a caring, compassionate person. He has brought me back from the edge of suicide, given me hope and continues to offer excel..."

October 21, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Strauss has been my psychiatrist for the past eight years. He has taken me from a place of numbness and darkness to where I am today; working and in a great..."

October 19, 2014
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Be careful! This doctor is incredibly vengeful. If you post reviews on here about Dr. Strauss and they are personal enough that he knows what patient posted the..."

September 29, 2014
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "When I was in the hospital, he asked me what it tasted like to eat raw human flesh. When I told him that that was unprofessional, he had security drag me out o..."

September 17, 2014