Ratings for Dr. Paul Kerr

Dr. Kerr is an extraordinary physician with the utmost intelligence and expertise in his field along with genuine compassion for his patients. Although his tone is serious, there is never a moment when Dr. Kerr makes you feel small or intimidated and over the course of my partner's cancer journey has always answered every question with understanding and provided us clarity. There was never a moment when we felt like we were in the dark in his care. He truly has made the experience of a cancer diagnosis (in my opinion) just a little less daunting because Dr. Kerr makes you confident that you are in good hands from start to finish. I will never be able to thank him for taking care of my partner throughout these past couple of years...my appreciation will be forever there. Also a shoutout to his nurse Cindy at CancerCare who is always so approachable, caring, and again...answers all questions with patience and understanding. If you ever are referred or able to see this doctor...thank your lucky stars because you are in the best hands possible.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

In 2013 I was diagnosed with sqamous cell carcinoma. I first saw a different doc and was to have surgery on my throat. Had an appt booked with that doc but the doc wasn't in on that day. Dr Kerr saw me. Told me the doc had me booked in at the end of the month. As this was the beginning on the month. He told me he could do it sooner, like the following week sooner. So if course I jumped on it. He removed my tonsils and 24 lymph nodes. Wanted to make sure there was no sign on the cancer left. I feel so lucky that I had him do my surgery. He helped save my life. He had to cut from the back of my ear to under my chin. One can hardly even see the scar. Would I recommend him, you bet. He is caring, skilled docto.r, even if you feel a wait to see him is to long, he is worth it. And his staff is very kind and friendly also. Top notch doctor I say.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2016

I recently had thyroid surgery at the Victoria hospital in wpg. Dr . Kerr and staff were very helpful, caring and considerate. It is. Now been 8 weeks, healed without complications I had half of my tyhroid removed, all is well no voice problems and I feel good I would recommend to anyone needing this type of surgery.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2015

As long as things go smoothly and you are healing without complications after he has operated on you he's a very polite and nice doctor. However; when complications arise and you start asking why, and what is the solution to the problem his attitude changes. He gets defensive,denies that he acknowledged a problem before it got worse and then tells you he no longer needs to see you , because there is nothing more he can do . I did not have a good experience with him and I would not recommend him . He removed a mass and half of my thyroid . I now have a pouch of lymphatic fluid under my chin , can no longer sing on key , cannot call out to my grand daughters on the beach or cheer at a football game . I also came down with thrush right after my surgery. He told me that he wanted to see me for a post op appointment sooner than usual .He told me the mass in my thyroid was very big and when he removed it he realized that he had clamped down on some nerves. Wish I had never met this doctor !

flag | Submitted October 8, 2015

Unlike many doctors in Winnipeg he listens to listen not to simply respond.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2015

Dr. Kerr is a fantastic, caring proffessional with excellent bed-side manner, he performed surgery on me twice with excellent results.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

Dr. Kerr is very knowledgeable, caring, and precise in his care. He performed a superficial paroidectomy on me in December 2012, and I recovered quickly. He put me at ease with regards to the procedure and I had total confidence in his expertise.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

If I could give Dr Kerr 6 stars I would. He was my first contact with CancerCare Manitoba and even though my treatment did not include surgery he followed my case through treatment and beyond. You will not find a more caring, helpful, sympathetic doctor. All that and he is a leader in his profession.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2014

Diagnosed with squamous cell cancer at the base of tongue in fall of 2000. He performed surgery and removed 22 lymph nodes. I just passed my 13th year of health since his intervention and surgery. He is an extraordinarily good surgeon as evidenced by the skill shown in closing the surgery and the comments from other specialists. Very kind, caring and thorough. Probably the best doctor I've ever met.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2013

Very personable, knowledgable. Almost always on time.. Very kind very professional. I would highly recommend!! Staff are very helpful. It's unfortunate that parking costs soo much at the centre. But that's just a side note that doesn't relate to the dr at all..

flag | Submitted October 16, 2013