Ratings for Dr. Paul Kerr

I recently had thyroid surgery at the Victoria hospital in wpg. Dr . Kerr and staff were very helpful, caring and considerate. It is. Now been 8 weeks, healed without complications I had half of my tyhroid removed, all is well no voice problems and I feel good I would recommend to anyone needing this type of surgery.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2015

As long as things go smoothly and you are healing without complications after he has operated on you he's a very polite and nice doctor. However; when complications arise and you start asking why, and what is the solution to the problem his attitude changes. He gets defensive,denies that he acknowledged a problem before it got worse and then tells you he no longer needs to see you , because there is nothing more he can do . I did not have a good experience with him and I would not recommend him . He removed a mass and half of my thyroid . I now have a pouch of lymphatic fluid under my chin , can no longer sing on key , cannot call out to my grand daughters on the beach or cheer at a football game . I also came down with thrush right after my surgery. He told me that he wanted to see me for a post op appointment sooner than usual .He told me the mass in my thyroid was very big and when he removed it he realized that he had clamped down on some nerves. Wish I had never met this doctor !

flag | Submitted October 8, 2015

Unlike many doctors in Winnipeg he listens to listen not to simply respond.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2015

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

Dr. Kerr is very knowledgeable, caring, and precise in his care. He performed a superficial paroidectomy on me in December 2012, and I recovered quickly. He put me at ease with regards to the procedure and I had total confidence in his expertise.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

If I could give Dr Kerr 6 stars I would. He was my first contact with CancerCare Manitoba and even though my treatment did not include surgery he followed my case through treatment and beyond. You will not find a more caring, helpful, sympathetic doctor. All that and he is a leader in his profession.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2014

Diagnosed with squamous cell cancer at the base of tongue in fall of 2000. He performed surgery and removed 22 lymph nodes. I just passed my 13th year of health since his intervention and surgery. He is an extraordinarily good surgeon as evidenced by the skill shown in closing the surgery and the comments from other specialists. Very kind, caring and thorough. Probably the best doctor I've ever met.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2013

Very personable, knowledgable. Almost always on time.. Very kind very professional. I would highly recommend!! Staff are very helpful. It's unfortunate that parking costs soo much at the centre. But that's just a side note that doesn't relate to the dr at all..

flag | Submitted October 16, 2013

Made me feel really relaxed and confident in his work. He helped save my life!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2013

Dr Kerr, gave me a complete thyroidectomy. I had a very large tumor at 9 cm long. 2 hours after surgery I was eating solid food and had no collateral damage to my vocal chords or to my parathyroid. He is an absolute class act and a very gifted surgeon. We are very lucky to have him in Winnipeg and I am very fortunate I got to meet him.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2013

Dr. Paul Kerr's Credentials

MB Health

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I recently had thyroid surgery at the Victoria hospital in wpg. Dr . Kerr and staff were very helpful, caring and considerate. It is. Now been 8 weeks, healed ..."

November 20, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "As long as things go smoothly and you are healing without complications after he has operated on you he's a very polite and nice doctor. However; when complica..."

October 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Unlike many doctors in Winnipeg he listens to listen not to simply respond."

May 31, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Kerr is a fantastic, caring proffessional with excellent bed-side manner, he performed surgery on me twice with excellent results."

October 29, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Kerr is very knowledgeable, caring, and precise in his care. He performed a superficial paroidectomy on me in December 2012, and I recovered quickly. He put..."

October 14, 2014