Ratings for Dr. Barbara Teal

Dr Barbara Teale has been my Doc for years. I consider myself blessed to have her. She is beyond wonderful and highly accurate in her knowledge. I consider it an honour to have her as my Doc. Love her.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

I cannot believe how the staff talk to patients...you are in the helping field!! Lack compassion, caring or as everyone else has put it are down right rude. They must have terrible lives to treat people the way they do...dr teal really needs to consider getting new staff. Sometimes I would rather go to a walk in then deal with these people.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

RUDEEEEEEEEE STAFF & Nurse practitioner. Very unprofessional it is unfortunate as Dr Teal herself is a good doctor but a few of her staff are members are clearly in wrong profession, i am surprised they still have jobs.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2013

I have been with Dr. Teal since 1995, I find her to be very thorough. Dr. Teal is very supportive and has been able to dianose issues that no one has ever before. I understand that when I have to wait a few minutes more to see her that it's probably due to a patient woh is in distress and needs extra time. Dr. Teal is down to earth, is easy to talk to and she listens very intently when I'm speaking to her. I find all the Nurses are quite nice and helpful. The Reception Staff are hot and cold, they can be quite nasty and they can be quite nice. The first time reception ever really spoke to me was to tell me that I wasted time as I was 10 minutes late do to my ride, she then said that the next time this happens I would lose my time with the Dr. It took everything I had to sit and wait, If Dr. Teal wasn't the type of person and Doctor that she is I would have walked out and never returned.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2011

I hate that EVERYTIME I call I have to leave a message, they never answer the phone,and then you have to wait all day for them to call you back. I maybe really sick but I would rather go to the hospital or a walk-in and yes I know that the doctor has to pay but to bloody bad!

flag | Submitted March 28, 2011

Much like the rest of the comments here, I've had bad encounters with the staff. These people should be caged in a zoo and are unfit to be working in any type of professional environment. They wouldnt last a minute in a place like Toronto around other professionals. As for the Doctor herself, never had a problem with her. She's been great, when we actually get to see her!! Get the staff out of there...theyre about as useful as a broken door knob.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2010

OK doctor, but easily dismissive of some medical issues (e.g. dimissing a chronic joint issue as mild overexerction when I couldn't walk on it for 2 weeks and still ahve flare-ups to this day) and very quick to rapidly promote meds for issues that may not need them (i.e. backs off easily with little push back when I made an objection). Staff, in particular, the office nurse is the rudest and most unprofessional medical worker that I have ever seen in any feild ever. Communication from the office is horrible at best (i.e. no notifications when they moved, no follow-up to an apparent letter sent to confirm patient status and they responded with "well we didn't hear from you so we assumed..."). The last call, I asked for help, and was just made to feel like I did them wrong, with no concern, care, compassion or simple politeness to the medical concern that I had (i.e. needing a tetnus shot asap). I've never been so insulted in my life and have never been talked to that way by anyone.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2010

I have been doctor Teal's patient since 2000 along with my six family members. Dr. Teal is always very kind and knowledgeable, She helped me with a few serious health problems, as well as my family. She refered me to so many different specialist, which was great in fixing all my health problems. Dr. Teal and her staff are never rude to us, They always reply to our phone calls and try to accomodate us ASAP. Most doctors ask for a fee when you request a letter to be absent from work, but not Dr. Teal. I am glad to be her patient and all of the staff at her clinic is wonderful.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2009

Okay doctor but the service from the staff is brutal. They *never* answer the phone and the return call is always late in the day if not the next day. When you talk to them, sometimes they are not helpful at all and can be downright rude.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2009

While living in Hamilton Dr Teal was my doctor and I just thought the world of her. She was knowledgable, kind, helpful and a pleasure to have as a doctor. I am now living in a different province and can only hope to find someone like this wonderful lady. Very professional.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2009