Ratings for Dr. Thomas J. Purgason

Believe all the negative comments you hear about the staff. Especially the office manager which happens to be his wife and which she will gladly tell you if you she has to deal with you as a patient in any way out of the normal visit. Feel sorry that the doc has see her everyday then come home to that disaster. She needs to really look in the mirror

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

Do not waste your time with this Dr or his staff. The entire group is disgruntled with the system that patients do not control, but have to deal with on the insurance and a lazy, grumpy, rude staff. Repeatedly horrible, but have stuck with it because the system is annoying, but IT IS NOT THE PATIENTS FAULT! I have been willing to front the cost and deal with the insurance separately, but that has not fixed it. GET OUT OF THE BUSINESS! YOU'LL ARE HORRIBLE!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

Rude, confrontational staff. A price is charged for forwarding records that all mds do as a professional obligation. If I wanted to destroy his business I would hire the current office manager (his wife). Not a good place to be if you are sick.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

Despicable staff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted September 27, 2015

The MD is thorough and knowledgeable. The staff is disrespectful and rude. Do not bother complaining to the office manager about it either she is the worst of them all. I am saddened to be leaving his office after almost a decade as a patient because I cannot tolerate his staff.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

I've gone to Dr. Purgason for many years and the only reason I stay is I havent taken the time to find a new physcian. I brought my 18 year old son in one time very ill, coughing and throwing up. The office staff told me if he was throwing up he couldnt STAY. I was wondering where they thought I should take him if not to his doctor. How about getting him out of the waiting room, maybe to the bathroom or a exam room and offering comfort. I had to get a trash can myself. Thought it was weird.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2012

Though he is in and out very quickly he does take the time to make adjustment to prescription to the patient satisfaction. The vendors sell medicines do cut in front of waiting patients. I really feel condfident with his medical treatment.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009

very knowledgeable, staff always helpful and courteous.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2008

He always makes me feel like I am his onli=y patient.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2008

Had to pay extra money to FAX perscriptions to the insurance company because there were 4 perscriptions instead of 3. He would not forward copies of information needed for insurance purposes, without our providing additional monies per page and providing the envelopes and postage.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2007

Dr. Thomas J. Purgason's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1979)