Ratings for Dr. Gregg D. Rock

Just a short note to thank you Dr. Gregg D Rock for your care and concern and professional manner in which you handled my situation with my toes on July 28, 2017. I am very grateful that I have met you. I came to you with a broken spirit and with no hope. During the six months that I've been seen by you, you and your wonderful staff have made me feel confident and secure. After having surgery you continue to check on me, calling me and texting me. There are no words to properly thank you for all you have done. My spirit is renewed. You are an amazing physician and surgeon. Your talent both in the operating room and out is a beacon of hope for the future of all your patients. I don't know how often you are told, but you are a wonderful doctor. If i ever need surgery again or wind up in the hospital (we hope this never happens) I will definitely compare future doctors to you!

flag | Submitted August 13, 2017

Dear Dr. Rock and staff. I would like to express my deep gratitude and thank you, Dr. Rock and all your staff, for the exceptional care I received throughout my surgery today. I know, and can tell that you are remarkable at your profession; your staff is phenomenal. I am blessed to have been in your hands. I could not have asked for better care than what I received from you all. Thank you kindly and I look forward to my full recovery. Natalia M.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2017

I cannot say enough good things about foot surgeon Dr. Gregg Rock (not to be confused with Dr. Rock Positano). My husband is a surgeon, so I was over-the-top picky about finding the right surgeon to address my bunions and hammertoes. After a year of searching for a talented, experienced surgeon whose career focused on treatment of hammertoes and bunions, I found Dr. Rock: the consummate professional (detail-oriented, direct, straight-shooter, compassionate), outside-the-box-thinker, incomparable diagnostician, ahead-of-the-curve foot/state-of-the-art doctor who combines engineering and human approaches to solving foot problems. He looks at the foot as a machine with many functions in and of itself AND as a machine which functions as part of the entire body. He pays attention to patients' concerns and expectations in order to arrive at an optimal treatment plan -- a plan that has the greatest likelihood of success while also fitting in with a particular patient's lifestyle. AND, he’s a quick-on-his-feet surgeon with excellent hands. I am a 60-year-old woman whose long-term bunions had progressed to the point that I couldn’t even wear a sneaker with a wide toe box. The hammertoes became an issue more recently, making it even more difficult to wear shoes. Other doctors with whom I had consulted, told me I needed to have very aggressive surgery (Lapidus procedure), or wear hard casts for months (doing the second foot 3 months after the first foot – I’d be recovering for a YEAR). At my initial consult with Dr. Rock, he first recommended non-surgical approaches. I told him I was sure I was ready for surgery NOW. And by the end of the consult, I was VERY sure HE was the right doctor for me. He had performed a thorough examination, taught me about foot anatomy, reviewed different surgical approaches with me, and asked me about my expectations and concerns. After detailed discussion (which included information about why the aggressive Lapidus procedure was not necessary in my case), we came to a decision about my treatment plan. Dr. Rock had devised a unique surgical approach for each foot (because the hammer toe on my right foot needed to be shortened). But he was ready to adjust his course if the one-in-a-million unexpected situation arose during surgery. February 10, 2017, Dr. Rock operated on the bunion and hammertoe of my right foot. I walked out of the surgery center with a surgical bootie on that foot and a sneaker on my left foot. I followed his detailed written post-op instructions (which reinforced his continuously verbalizing those instructions). He texted me for 3 straight days post-op to tell me what to expect (again) and to find out how I was feeling. I had no pain. The anaesthetic foot block administered during surgery had gotten me over the period of time during which I would have experienced pain. February 17, Dr. Rock operated on the bunion and hammertoe of my left foot. I walked out of the surgery center in 2 surgical booties. At 2 months’ out, my right foot is feeling almost normal. By next week, I anticipate my left foot (which will be 2 months’ out) will catch up. Brooks sneakers, Birkenstock clogs, and (maybe) Dansko clogs will be my go-to shoes for a while, as swelling continues to subside. And both feet are GORGEOUS! Dr. Rock cares about function, but he also cares about aesthetics – he has an artist’s/sculptor’s eye. In addition, he cares that his patients are back in the game of life as soon as possible. Thanks to doctor Rock, I will have my life back much more quickly than would have been the case had I gone to a different doctor. Dr. Rock and I continue to communicate via text, phone, email, and in person (at post-op visits). No issue is too small for discussion. No question is stupid. And it’s ok to ask the same question 10 times. This doctor is a caring human being and a perfectionist surgeon. He takes his career very seriously. You want your feet in Dr. Gregg Rock’s capable hands!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

Dr. Rock fully explained in detail what to expect. I had minimal pain and I am very pleased with the results.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2016

Dr. Greg Rock is the amazing!!! From the moment I met him I was very comfortable with having him do my procedure. He took his time to explain everything about my foot condition, the procedure and what to expect. Everything was as he explained it would be. The first 2 days after my surgery there was no pain at all. Later there was some minor aching but nothing that would require pain killers. Dr. Rock texted me every day to check up on my recovery and answered any questions or concerns that I may have. His "bedside manner" is very understanding and compassionate and I am happy to have had him as my doctor. Dr. Rock and staff in his office and in the surgical center are very professional and knowledgeable. I would definitely recommend him to anyone that is considering this procedure.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

Dr Greg Rock is the best. I had a botched surgery and my right foot was so misshapen that every step I took was painful. No shoes no matter how flexible or soft let me walk without pain. I consulted with two other surgeons before choosing Dr Rock. Both moaned about how bad my foot was and told me they could not make a guess how to fix it until they "opened me up ". Dr Rock on the other hand had a clear strategy. Surgery was done on June 3, 2016 . No pain pills needed. I am in the surgical shoe but for the first time in 3 years I am not in pain. Able to sleep all night without waking up in pain. Throughout the last three weeks Dr Rock has been here for me every step of the way. I will update this review when my foot progresses to the next step but I feel very secure in my choice of surgeons

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

Dr. Rock is a doctor, in my opinion, who puts the patient before profit. I had two botched surgeries on my left foot with a "top" NYC doctor. It was the most painful experience of my life. I saw several doctors after and no one wanted to deal with my left foot. Dr. Rock said he would fix it, but first wanted to "earn' my trust by doing my right foot first. He made a promise that I would have no pain. Needless to say I was skeptical. Dr. Rock did both my feet. I had no pain and in 8 mos. was able to wear heels. He is kind, patient and prompt. My feet look fabulous! As a cancer survivor, I feel I am very qualified in saying he is always available and the most caring Dr. I have ever been to.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

I regret the day I walked into Dr Gregg Rock's office in 2011. I've experienced more pain since he operated on both feet than ever before. I regret I didn't insist that he give more specific answers to my pre-op questions re surgical procedures other than, "I won't know until I get in there". (I never would have consented to inserting a 3" pin into my big toe joint.) I regret not jumping off the table and running for the hills that early morning of my second surgery while waiting for Dr Rock to show up for his first surgery of the day. When he did show up 45 minutes late, I noticed he hadn't taken the time to shave. Not a good sign. I woke up from surgery later that morning with intense, searing pain deep in my toe which turned into a 3-month infection that would not heal. Furthermore, Dr. Rock told me post-surgery that he had performed a procedure that would "prevent any future problems from developing" in what had been a mild bunion pre-surgery of my left foot. Regretfully, this "procedure" altered the space between the big and 2nd toe causing the sesmoid bones to shift out of alignment, resulting in arthritic degeneration of the bone that now requires surgery.

Submitted January 8, 2016

Dr. Rock ROCKS!!! Truly love this doctor. I had bunion and hammertoe on both feet a week apart. I am 46 and waited so long to do this because I was afraid of scarring. All I can say is I am 2 months post op, and love my feet!!!!! There has been no pain, and I healed extremely quickly. I would recommend Dr. Rock, which I have to a few co-workers. I wish I could use him for all my doctor needs, LOL!!! Thank you Dr. Rock!

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

I am 65 years old. In October, I had a bunion and a hammer toe treated on my right foot, and 2 weeks later, a bunion on my left foot, by Dr. Rock. I met with 5 doctors before Dr. Rock. They were going to do the surgeries months apart, and 2 were going to do much more extreme procedures. Dr. Rock has now fitted me with orthotics for both feet, as I have always needed them, due to weak ankles. He is extremely knowledgable, kind, caring, and is readily available by phone, email and text, for any questions or concerns, which I had before the surgery, and a few times during the healing process. I totally recommend Dr. Rock for anyone requiring this type of surgery. I traveled in from Long Island for the surgery and subsequent visits, and it has been well worth it to me to do so. I would not go to anyone else for any future foot problems, which hopefully I don't have!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2015