Ratings for Dr. Gregg D. Rock

Dr. Greg Rock is the amazing!!! From the moment I met him I was very comfortable with having him do my procedure. He took his time to explain everything about my foot condition, the procedure and what to expect. Everything was as he explained it would be. The first 2 days after my surgery there was no pain at all. Later there was some minor aching but nothing that would require pain killers. Dr. Rock texted me every day to check up on my recovery and answered any questions or concerns that I may have. His "bedside manner" is very understanding and compassionate and I am happy to have had him as my doctor. Dr. Rock and staff in his office and in the surgical center are very professional and knowledgeable. I would definitely recommend him to anyone that is considering this procedure.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

Dr Greg Rock is the best. I had a botched surgery and my right foot was so misshapen that every step I took was painful. No shoes no matter how flexible or soft let me walk without pain. I consulted with two other surgeons before choosing Dr Rock. Both moaned about how bad my foot was and told me they could not make a guess how to fix it until they "opened me up ". Dr Rock on the other hand had a clear strategy. Surgery was done on June 3, 2016 . No pain pills needed. I am in the surgical shoe but for the first time in 3 years I am not in pain. Able to sleep all night without waking up in pain. Throughout the last three weeks Dr Rock has been here for me every step of the way. I will update this review when my foot progresses to the next step but I feel very secure in my choice of surgeons

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

Dr. Rock is a doctor, in my opinion, who puts the patient before profit. I had two botched surgeries on my left foot with a "top" NYC doctor. It was the most painful experience of my life. I saw several doctors after and no one wanted to deal with my left foot. Dr. Rock said he would fix it, but first wanted to "earn' my trust by doing my right foot first. He made a promise that I would have no pain. Needless to say I was skeptical. Dr. Rock did both my feet. I had no pain and in 8 mos. was able to wear heels. He is kind, patient and prompt. My feet look fabulous! As a cancer survivor, I feel I am very qualified in saying he is always available and the most caring Dr. I have ever been to.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

I regret the day I walked into Dr Gregg Rock's office in 2011. I've experienced more pain since he operated on both feet than ever before. I regret I didn't insist that he give more specific answers to my pre-op questions re surgical procedures other than, "I won't know until I get in there". (I never would have consented to inserting a 3" pin into my big toe joint.) I regret not jumping off the table and running for the hills that early morning of my second surgery while waiting for Dr Rock to show up for his first surgery of the day. When he did show up 45 minutes late, I noticed he hadn't taken the time to shave. Not a good sign. I woke up from surgery later that morning with intense, searing pain deep in my toe which turned into a 3-month infection that would not heal. Furthermore, Dr. Rock told me post-surgery that he had performed a procedure that would "prevent any future problems from developing" in what had been a mild bunion pre-surgery of my left foot. Regretfully, this "procedure" altered the space between the big and 2nd toe causing the sesmoid bones to shift out of alignment, resulting in arthritic degeneration of the bone that now requires surgery.

Submitted January 8, 2016

Dr. Rock ROCKS!!! Truly love this doctor. I had bunion and hammertoe on both feet a week apart. I am 46 and waited so long to do this because I was afraid of scarring. All I can say is I am 2 months post op, and love my feet!!!!! There has been no pain, and I healed extremely quickly. I would recommend Dr. Rock, which I have to a few co-workers. I wish I could use him for all my doctor needs, LOL!!! Thank you Dr. Rock!

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

I am 65 years old. In October, I had a bunion and a hammer toe treated on my right foot, and 2 weeks later, a bunion on my left foot, by Dr. Rock. I met with 5 doctors before Dr. Rock. They were going to do the surgeries months apart, and 2 were going to do much more extreme procedures. Dr. Rock has now fitted me with orthotics for both feet, as I have always needed them, due to weak ankles. He is extremely knowledgable, kind, caring, and is readily available by phone, email and text, for any questions or concerns, which I had before the surgery, and a few times during the healing process. I totally recommend Dr. Rock for anyone requiring this type of surgery. I traveled in from Long Island for the surgery and subsequent visits, and it has been well worth it to me to do so. I would not go to anyone else for any future foot problems, which hopefully I don't have!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2015

I had a great deal of trouble wearing most shoes due to bunions and as a Broadway actress and singer, I had to wear heels quite a bit in the last several decades. The condition was worsening and eventually I had a different pain under my foot. The ball of my left foot just under my second toe could barely sustain my weight. I spoke to several friends and Doctors who all said YOU DON'T WANT BUNIONECTOMIES! This was not acceptable to me as I KNEW I had to do SOMETHING. I finally spoke to a friend who had both feet done by Dr. Gregg Rock. They looked perfect and she had no scars! She was wearing show shoes with no pain and said he was the most confident doctor she had ever known. I met with him and got a lot of information, then scheduled the two surgeries a week apart. The first one was a bunionectomy and a shortening of my 2nd metatarsal. The second was just a bunionectomy. The 5th Ave Surgery Center where he does all his procedures is magnificent, with excellent staff. I was completely comfortable. Dr. Rock texted me for several days after each surgery and to this day insists that I text him if I ever need any help or have any problems with either of my feet. He is very kind, quick, professional and thorough. His office is conveniently located and his staff always gets back to you quickly and courteously. I have been healing well and could not be happier for having done these surgeries. We underestimate the importance of our feet until we have trouble. I recommend Dr. Rock VERY HIGHLY. He is solid and generous.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

I am currently 35 years old and have struggled with moderate to severe bunions on both feet my entire life. Before I met Dr. Rock, I experienced a bunionectomy on my right foot when I was 15 years old and living in Indiana. I eventually healed from the procedure, however it made me weary of ever having additional corrections done to either feet in the future. The demands on my feet have been growing with my now 7 year old son and the pain was only getting worse, so I began my research. I cannot express just how fortunate I feel to have found Dr. Rock especially on the muddy waters of the Internet! His knowledge and ability to explain my condition and treatment was exceptional. Each conversation that I had with Dr. Rock, whether on the phone, texting, or in his office I thought to myself that this doctor is too good to be true. I can honestly say that after having Dr. Rock correct both of my feet that HE REALLY IS THAT GOOD! I have not had any doctor, Podiatrist or other, that was more honest, caring, or able to communicate their knowledge...Thank you Dr. Rock for such a positive experience!!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

I am a nurse practitioner and had both feet done a week apart in June. My recovery excellent. Dr. Roc told me exactly what to expect and I followed his instructions to the letter.I was back to work within 5 weeks. The incisional perfect very fine and almost hard to find.He is excellent knowledgable in his field. I came from Queens for his expectise and it was well worth the trip. I highly recommend him to all.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

Just had left foot bunion and tailors bunion surgery 2 months ago. Can't ask for a better Doctor! Never seen such a caring doctor and that is quite impressive. Scheduled for my right foot surgery in Dec. highly highly recommend Dr. Rock!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2014