Ratings for Dr. Dave Wong

Very disappointed in Dr. Wong, after having the best heart Dr. and turned over to him ! I was called into his office, when I asked why am I here? He answered to get to know you ! He asked about a heart test, yes I had it done. When? I don`t remember. He answered his own question, he had info in front of him on computer ! to make long story short I was not impressed with further conversation about records ! now I am between a rock and a hard place !

flag | Submitted January 19, 2014

Boy did I get the Wong doctor! I had a an appointment with a cardiac specialist but he was in North sydney. so I meet Dr wong at the Anticoagulation clinic and explain to him and ask if I can transfer to him. I get my doctor to refer and wait after a month i call and am informed i will be called when an appointment becomes available. i called a couple of times to be told there might be a six month wait so i get my doctor to call because i have some immediate problems. I just get a call from Dr wong that he is dropping me as a patient after waiting 4 months for an appointment.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2013

I had this hack perform a Cardioversion on me, which, as I have been told is a very straightforward proceedure. He put me into code blue Cardiac arrest ,,, and took four hits with the paddles to bring me back. I spent approx. 10 days in Regional and four in Queen E II. If you draw him as a doctor ,,, in my opinion you should run away ,,,, not walk ,,,RUN!! Thank God I have been lucky enough to become a patient of a real doctor and have had no more trouble with atrial fibrillation.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2013

I cant understand the reviews. He is not up to date on his medical knowledge, and his bedside manner is completely off. He does not seem to care about his patients nor does he care to find out what the problem is.It is a shame that patients are subjected to this kind of treatment. His Medical Knowledge NONE?? is he really a Doctor

flag | Submitted March 5, 2012

Dr Wong is an exceptional doctor. He cares for the family as well as the patient.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2012

Saw this Dr. a while back and I can understand the reviews. He is not up to date on his medical knowledge, and his bedside manner is completely off. He does not seem to care about his patients nor does he care to find out what the problem is.It is a shame that patients are subjected to this kind of treatment.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2011

Dr. Wong was very unapproachable, no bedside manor - with patient or the family. He made us feel that because our Mom was 77, there was no sense in doing any type of treatment. He wasn't willing to answer our questions. VERY disappointed with him.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2011

The *5 is for his receptionist who is a real sweetie. How she works with him, I'll never know. All I can say about this man is (1) I wouldn't take my dog to him. (2) RUDE, RUDE, RUDE !!!!!! (3) DID I MENTION RUDE ???

flag | Submitted February 24, 2010

I hope this saves someone's life: my mom was treated by dr. wong and subsequently died from an arm infection. We filed a complaint with Dr.'s and surgeons nova scotia and are awaiting their results. We are considering filing a civil suit as well. We lost confidence in dr. wong from the first time we spoke to him really. he was very unaccessible and when he was he was very quick and as someone else pointed out he basically wrote my mother off because she was 71 years old. my mother was out for supper at the casino the week before being admitted and she lived alone and was very self-sufficient but dr. wong tried to make it sound like she was old and it was too late. the real fact was he could not figure out what was wrong with her and our repeated attempts to have her sent to halifax were met with comments like "they wont do anything different than we are doing". of course this isn't true and we wonder everyday if we could have done more. my point is if you want a second opinion GET IT!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2010

Dr. Wong is a very knowledgable doctor. His bedside manner can definitely be improved but putting that aside...he is a really good doctor. I am very pleased with him and his secretary is very pleasant and helpful and she really knows her stuff.....Cheers!

Submitted October 15, 2008