Ratings for Dr. Ronald B Sorensen

In 1985, I had an operation to remove an infected right ureter which was left in after an unnecessary (so I was informed by Dr. Robert Broad who had performed that particular operation) right kidney removal procedure in 1959. What a mess! Prior to the operation, which took a remarkable 8 hours, my abdomen was perfectly firm and flat with excellent muscle tone. ( had given birth to two daughters - neither of them by caesarian section.) When I woke up, Dr. Sorenson standing over top of me. He said, "I wanted to be here when you woke up to see the look on your face when you noticed the difference." My abdomen skin was in a very uncomfortable position - an unattractive and painful flap of sagging skin. (The flap is still there, despite regular exercise and a careful diet. The incision area is, still, painful to this day. At times, there is infection evident in the small opening at the bottom.) When asked why he did it, I was informed, "My wife would not have appreciated seeing someone who was in such great condition. Anyway, with lots of exercise the muscle will go back into shape." It never has returned to the original condition. When I asked if it could be fixed, he told me, "The incision would have to be reopened and I don't feel I want to take the time to do that." Dr. Sorenson, also, made sure to tell me, "There's no need to contact the College as you signed away your right to make a complaint when you signed the waiver prior to the operation being done." Dr. Sorenson's deliberately arrogant and degrading attitude and behaviour are dangerous. I don't remember having a follow-up appointment. The office never called me back to schedule one. (I see from these ratings nothing has changed regarding either the doctor or his staff.) The College needs to investigate him. Dr. Ronald B. Sorenson should be held accountable for his negligence and unnecessary (and open) cruelty. He acts as if he takes pride and joy in mistreating patients because he feels/thinks he has the POWER to do so, without any remorse.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

He helped me few times, and I can say that he is really good in what he does.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

Treated my dad for prostate cancer back in 1994. After removal of the prostate he decided there was no need to follow up, that he was confident he got it all. My dad went back to see him and suggested some kind of follow up treatment and to tell him he felt uncomfortable in that area still after six months. He told my dad he was fine and to stop being a hypochondriacs. My dad left and passed away another six months later from non Hodgkin's lymphoma secondary to prostrate cancer. His arrogance and rudeness killed my dad.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

Thank you Dr. Johnson for taking care of my husband and for doing the surgery on the kidney stones he had.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

Don't be fooled by this doctor. he shuffles appointments and people to maximize his income. he doesn't care about his patients at all and the same is true of the office staff. they are rude and unprofessional. Dr. may be skilled urologist but the negatives that come with that overshadow his abilities. Stay clear of this doctor and his office. And by the way, if you must go to the office be prepared with a toonie for parking in his mostly vacant lot - it's not free. Also be prepared to wait in the large waiting room for 3-4 hours. Appointment times mean nothing to him or his staff.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

Did my Husband's surgery for an impacted kidney stone a few years ago and I would highly recommend him. He took us on an emergency basis around Midnight (for a 4 hour surgery)after the stone size being misjudged at another ER. His follow up has been wonderful, sometimes the wait is long to see him, but well worth it. He even gave us his private cell number in case we need it. Can't say enough about him, if you have a chance to go to him take it!

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

Office girls are unprofessional and need to find a career that doesn't include public

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

Still no way of contacting this office...I do not want to see a bill for not showing up for a appointment!

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

The office girls at his office are rude and impatience. They have a block number system on the phone. Doctor Sorsenson needs to find different girls to work his office

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

I have been trying to reach his office for the past two weeks to cancel an appointment...they are closed due to illness....you would think you could leave a message or he would hire someone to answer the phone!!!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016