Ratings for Dr. John Wong

Quite simply, he is the best! Even only for a little while, he gave us our mom back! Forever Grateful!!!

flag | Submitted June 11, 2017

Terrible doctor. Do NOT see this doctor. Horrible bedside manner and terrible surgeon. Arrogant and unprofessional.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

We're in awe of the dedication and skill level this Dr. possesses. He is the best and on behalf of our mother and family (who the entire staff have been so wonderful to) we are forever grateful to him and his team. Hate to think of what our lives would have been like without him.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2017

When my wife was referred to Dr Wong I googled him and found him on this site. I was somewhat concerned with some of the reviews. Upon meeting with him for the first appointment all of my worries were erased. He was direct and told us what to expect, he was professional and he was punctual. He and Dr AlQahatani did surgery on my wife in October , our lives have been changed forever. Where we had none , we now have a bright future. THANK YOU Dr Wong for our lives. If you are lucky enough to become one of his patients know that your are being treated by the best.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

Dr WONG-If he was only arrogant, i would have taken that s long as he heals. HE IS DANGEROUSLY INCOMPETENT- AND I AM SUFFERING THE CONSEQUENCES. he is incompetent and responsible for miserable care for not just me , but many other patients that i have come across. He is threatened by questions. He never ever touches the patients or examines him. he is teaching his entourage in hospital to lie for him and cover up for his mistakes- for how long- truth be told- soon. DOES NOT WANT TO HELP AT ALL IN ACTUAL CARE OF PATIENT AND HIS SURICAL COMPETENCY IS A THREAT AND SHULD BE A LIABILITY FOR FOOTHILL HOSPITAL i still need help and i am afraid of him and can not trust him either. I am poor and he is the worse of a human kind-insult to call him human let alone a doctor.

Submitted February 3, 2017

Dr. John Wong is the best in his field. His sense of humour is fantastic. He tells it like it is. If you don't like what he is telling you ,it's because you don't want to hear the truth. Very busy doctor. Works all hours of the day and night to save the lives of the people in Southern Alberta. I'm am forever grateful to have a neurosurgeon with a great bedside manner. His team is simply amazing and willing to answer questions over and over until you feel comfortable.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

Dr Wong is probably the best in his field. But yes his attention to patient needs work. He did a 7hour surgery on my brain. Removed a malformation. Was only schedule as a 4hr surgery so I can understand when he is late or seems rushed. He didnt seemed worried about my concerns and was like everything went good think we got it all but if not we can always do again. I think he was like this because he was positve in his abilitiies and really truthfully felt like nothing to worry about. But his non worried demenor kinda came across as not caring. Buts his job dont commit him to my feelings its more about my health and to him it seemed I was now fine and everything should be good. I kinda feel like he meant it and was cocky like that because he is the best and knows what he is doing. I did tell him he was the hands of god when he came and seen me after my surgery.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2016

Knew nothing about my condition, but pretended he did. Dismissive and was not helpful in referring when he didn't know what to do.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

His personal and professional attitude is very poor. It's just a total disaster to have him as your doctor.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016

I understand all the complaints people make about Dr Wong's punctuality, but he is an extremely busy surgeon, LITERALLY saving people's lives. If not for Dr Wong, I may very likely be paralyzed right now as I had a very rare spinal fistula. His staff were beyond helpful, and I cannot express my appreciation for them enough. I am thankful for brilliant doctors such as Dr Wong and am glad there are people like him in this world. He may not have the best bedside manner, but not everyone is blessed with that skill, and that is fine. Thank you Dr Wong for choosing to save people's lives and improving their quality of life.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016