You may also like

Ratings for Dr. John Wong

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016

I understand all the complaints people make about Dr Wong's punctuality, but he is an extremely busy surgeon, LITERALLY saving people's lives. If not for Dr Wong, I may very likely be paralyzed right now as I had a very rare spinal fistula. His staff were beyond helpful, and I cannot express my appreciation for them enough. I am thankful for brilliant doctors such as Dr Wong and am glad there are people like him in this world. He may not have the best bedside manner, but not everyone is blessed with that skill, and that is fine. Thank you Dr Wong for choosing to save people's lives and improving their quality of life.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

flag | Submitted October 24, 2015

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015

Dr. Wong is the best! I had surgery on a brain aneurysm in June of 2008 and still have follow-up MRIs and appointments with Dr. Wong's office. He has always been very helpful and shares information freely. He looks so young..doubt anyone would believe that he is a top neurosurgeon if they just met him. I feel privileged to have such a great surgeon as my doctor!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2012

After reading everyones comments I had to laugh at Dr. Wongs punctuality as he isn't exactly timely..however in my opinion he is the best at what he does and would highly recommend him to anyone that needs a brain tumor removal. All of my previous symptoms are gone and my surgery was 3 weeks ago!! To anyone reading this that requires brain surgery....You are in good hands!!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2012

I was unconscious when I was operated on. The procedure took about 121 hours ( so my wife says). I only met him a few months after I was discharged (I stayed in the hospital for about 6 months.) A year after I got out I met him again for the last time. He seems polite enough though I was treated too casually. I fear that he may be having a god complex which a lot of doctors may have these days

flag | Submitted September 29, 2011

He was highly reguarded by most of the hospital staff for his skills.But my experience with his overall personal attitude was very poor!!!!

flag | Submitted May 20, 2011

I love Dr. Wong!! He treated me with the same care and compassion you would expect from a family member. My surgery (one week ago) for a brain aneursym was difficult, but he did everything over and above in his power to make sure I was treated to end my worries and health issues. He is brilliant at what he does, has a wonderful bedside manner, and there are no words to describe the gratitude my family and I have for his existance in the neurosurgery field. I now have a second chance at life and feel confident I will see my 16 month old son grow to be a man and have a happy healthy long life. He makes the world a better place every day!!!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2010

This doctor operated on me 16 months ago. First surgery was canceled on surgery day because his nurse didn't think it would solve my problems, Dr. Wong was over an hour late for surgery. After another MRI he decided, again, that it was the right thing to do, he told me at the time he would operate at L5-S1 on both sides of disc. When I woke up after the surgery and being told "hopefully you'll heal" by another doctor who witnessed the surgery, Dr. Wong announced to me that he operated on L5-S1 and L4-L5 on left side only. Surgery didn't fix anything, actually created new aches and pains. When I went back to see him a few months after the surgery he promptly said that he couldn't do anything else for me. He took me to another doctor down the hall who then told me I was definitely a candidate for another surgery but two months later changed his mind. Neither of these two doctors have any suggestions to help me get better. My biggest regret in life is to have put my life in his hands.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2010

Dr. John Wong's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "His personal and professional attitude is very poor. It's just a total disaster to have him as your doctor. "

April 21, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I understand all the complaints people make about Dr Wong's punctuality, but he is an extremely busy surgeon, LITERALLY saving people's lives. If not for Dr Wo..."

January 26, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This doctor is poor. Always late. Wants me to tell him what's wrong. Never even examined me."

October 24, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dreadful. No examination. No discussion of symptoms. 2 minutes of his time and he didn't even want to help at all. "

October 19, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "T1Y0" to "T2J 6G2". Address has been updated from "None" to "None Deer Valley Shopping Centre". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "14032716300".

June 3, 2015