Ratings for Dr. John Wong

Dr. John Wong is the best in his field. His sense of humour is fantastic. He tells it like it is. If you don't like what he is telling you ,it's because you don't want to hear the truth. Very busy doctor. Works all hours of the day and night to save the lives of the people in Southern Alberta. I'm am forever grateful to have a neurosurgeon with a great bedside manner. His team is simply amazing and willing to answer questions over and over until you feel comfortable.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

Dr Wong is probably the best in his field. But yes his attention to patient needs work. He did a 7hour surgery on my brain. Removed a malformation. Was only schedule as a 4hr surgery so I can understand when he is late or seems rushed. He didnt seemed worried about my concerns and was like everything went good think we got it all but if not we can always do again. I think he was like this because he was positve in his abilitiies and really truthfully felt like nothing to worry about. But his non worried demenor kinda came across as not caring. Buts his job dont commit him to my feelings its more about my health and to him it seemed I was now fine and everything should be good. I kinda feel like he meant it and was cocky like that because he is the best and knows what he is doing. I did tell him he was the hands of god when he came and seen me after my surgery.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2016

Knew nothing about my condition, but pretended he did. Dismissive and was not helpful in referring when he didn't know what to do.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

His personal and professional attitude is very poor. It's just a total disaster to have him as your doctor.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016

I understand all the complaints people make about Dr Wong's punctuality, but he is an extremely busy surgeon, LITERALLY saving people's lives. If not for Dr Wong, I may very likely be paralyzed right now as I had a very rare spinal fistula. His staff were beyond helpful, and I cannot express my appreciation for them enough. I am thankful for brilliant doctors such as Dr Wong and am glad there are people like him in this world. He may not have the best bedside manner, but not everyone is blessed with that skill, and that is fine. Thank you Dr Wong for choosing to save people's lives and improving their quality of life.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

This doctor is poor. Always late. Wants me to tell him what's wrong. Never even examined me.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2015

Dreadful. No examination. No discussion of symptoms. 2 minutes of his time and he didn't even want to help at all.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015

Dr. Wong is the best! I had surgery on a brain aneurysm in June of 2008 and still have follow-up MRIs and appointments with Dr. Wong's office. He has always been very helpful and shares information freely. He looks so young..doubt anyone would believe that he is a top neurosurgeon if they just met him. I feel privileged to have such a great surgeon as my doctor!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2012

After reading everyones comments I had to laugh at Dr. Wongs punctuality as he isn't exactly timely..however in my opinion he is the best at what he does and would highly recommend him to anyone that needs a brain tumor removal. All of my previous symptoms are gone and my surgery was 3 weeks ago!! To anyone reading this that requires brain surgery....You are in good hands!!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2012

I was unconscious when I was operated on. The procedure took about 121 hours ( so my wife says). I only met him a few months after I was discharged (I stayed in the hospital for about 6 months.) A year after I got out I met him again for the last time. He seems polite enough though I was treated too casually. I fear that he may be having a god complex which a lot of doctors may have these days

flag | Submitted September 29, 2011