Ratings for Dr. Teresa J. LEWIS

The appointment department never call us to let know what time by surgery was scheduled for. We finally found out the afternoon before, that surgery was schedule for 4:45 PM at 3:30 PM the day before the surgery. I am 70 years old and my wife is 69. This is out patient surgery. I am not sure how long it would take to repair 3 hernias but my guess is that I would be release late into the evening or early morning hours. My wife does not do well driving at night not to mention I need to fast/no food the day for the surgery. I contact Dr Lewis to try to reschedule a reasonable time for surgery, hoping for a morning surgery time. She informed me that the operating room is only available to her after all other surgeries are completed. She can only do "add on" surgeries in the late afternoon or evening. This is my first surgery with 3 hernias and absolutely do not want to be an "add on" patient. She had no answer for that. I was emotionally and physically ready for my surgery and am very disappointment in how this was handed. Dr. Lewis should have share with me that she is only available in the evening and it should be my option to go ahead with the surgery with her or find another surgeon who has operation room privileges during normal hours.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

I have absolutely no complaints. My quality of life is significantly better. She took excellent care of my needs pre and post op, surgery went as expected. As far as surgeons go, she has great bedside manner, answered all of my questions, and followed up in a more than timely fashion.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2013

I would not recommend this surgeon. She has poor bedside manor. She is rude. It is her way or the highway. She does not listen to her patients. She makes patients wait longer than they have to beacuse her concerns are not with the patient but boosting her own evaluation.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2012

Dr. Teresa J. LEWIS's Credentials

• University Of California, Irvine, California College Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal