Ratings for Dr. Charanjit S. Rao

I went to see Dr. Rao about treatment for varicose veins. His staff was efficient and personable. I was very disappointed in Dr. Rao's apparent unwillingness or inability to communicate with me as an active partner in my treatment. He proposed an invasive surgical procedure (vein ligation and stripping) requiring general anesthesia, without providing a clear rationale for using this method rather than one or more less-invasive alternatives. He seemed put off by my reluctance to consent immediately to the procedure he was proposing and my desire to discuss other options. In short, he may be a very skilled surgeon, but I felt he was condescending, bordering on arrogant. Not a good fit for me.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2017

Dr Rao and his staff are amazing. He takes the time to help you understand everything he is doing for a procedure. My husband had a leg amputated and I could not have asked for a better Doctor/surgeon. He spent time ensuring my husband and I understood every aspect of the procedure and answered all questions. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

I was placed in a room and waited 45 minutes for the doctor. He was in the next room talking with someone who does not work for him about many personal and other topics. When I finally got to see him he asked why I was here. Hehad not looked at my file and spend maybe 4 minutes with me. His nurse could have contacted another doctor I had seen that they did not have the info from. 45 minutes later after I suggested she contact them she had not. He is a legend in his own mind. I would rather see anyone other than him!!! There should refresher classes for doctors and if they show to not be compassionate they should lose their license until they can show otherwise. I hope you get the chance to read this DR RAO

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

Dr. Charanjit S. Rao's Credentials

• Med Coll, Guru Nanak Dev Univ, Amritsar, Punjab, India (Grad. 1971)