Ratings for Dr. Barbara L. Smith

Dr. Smith is an angel. God bless her and the work she does. Absolutely the best!

flag | Submitted November 14, 2012

Dealing with Dr. Smith and her assistant was the scariest and most devaluing expericence of my life. My other review mysteriously was deleted from this site.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2011

It's hard to imagine a better surgeon to have with a breast cancer diagnosis. I feel that she was a blessing to me. She listens, doesn't talk down and yet is always understandable. She helped me and supported me in making a decision another Dr. did not support. Turns out it was absolutely the best decision for me. Staff is wonderful too.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2011

Dr. Smith is incredible. She is a top surgeon and also warm, compassionate, and truly concerned. She gave me some not-great (but not too bad) news and later commented on how well I had handled it, which I thought was very nice (actually I was surprised that she remembered what I had said). I am very lucky that she was my doctor and I would absolutely recommend her to anyone. Actually, the entire MGH cancer team was great. I am very glad I was treated at this excellent hospital with such wonderful people.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2010

A life-saver both in her surgical skill and the compassion with which she treats her patients. Dr. Smith is one of the top breast surgeons in the country and yet she has none of that attitude that sometimes comes with such stature and surgical prowess. She does not talk down to patients, listens patiently to concerns, recommends options and helps her patients make good quality of life decisions. When you walk into her office you are treated with such respect! They take care of everything for you and are incredibly interested in making sure that you are not stressed out during an incredibly stressful diagnosis.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Dr. Smith is the head of Breast Cancer Surgery at MGH and is a fantastic doctor! She is very knowledgeable, compassionate, and concerned. I had both of my surgeries with her and would absolutely recommend her.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2008

Dr. Barbara L. Smith's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1983)

Harvard-Pilgrim
Medicaid / Medi-Cal

Updates

• First Name changed from "Barbara" to "Barbara L."

April 8, 2012