Ratings for Dr. Sean T. Doherty

I was diagnosed with breast cancer two years ago. My general surgeon gave me the name of 2 plastic surgeons, one of them being Dr. Sean Doherty. I made appointments with both doctors, Dr. Doherty being the first. After meeting with him, I canceled my appointment with the other doctor. I knew he was the doctor I wanted. I found him to be a warm and caring doctor who made a very emotional time in my life a little bit easier to bear. I saw Dr. Doherty and his incredible staff, every week for about 4 months (or as my husband called it, my weekly dates with Sean). They always made me feel comfortable. I couldn’t be happier with the work he did on me. But it means so much more to me that he took care of two people who I love very much, my son who had lost ½ his body weight and had skin removal surgery and my best friend who saw Dr. Doherty at the wound clinic. Would I recommend Dr. Sean Doherty? Absolutely, I know him to be an extremely skilled surgeon who genuinely cares about his patients. But he is an even better person.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

I found this doctor to be rude and condescending.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2011

great doctor

flag | Submitted April 15, 2009

Dr. Sean T. Doherty's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Sean Doherty is a Board Certified plastic surgeon. A Boston native, he attended Tufts University School of Medicine after receiving his BA in Art History from Columbia University. It is this dichotomy - art lover and humanist versus scientist and doctor that truly sets him apart. While he excels at the technical side of surgery, he is passionate about getting to know his patients as people. From the moment you walk through his doors, his goal is for you to feel safe, seen and heard.

• English

• Tufts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)

• Boston Top Doctor 2017