Ratings for Dr. Tomer Davidov

I came to the ER with horrible stomach and back pain one night and was diagnosed with gallstones. ER doctor sent me home and recommended I see Dr. Davidov. Dr. Davidov is a very knowledgeable and caring surgeon. After reviewing my case, he recommended gallbladder surgery. When I asked him many questions about alternatives to surgery, he did not feel threatened nor defensive, but welcomed the questions and gave great explanations. Dr. Davidov has a gift for explaining things- no wonder he has received so many teaching awards. The day I arrived in the hospital for my operation, I could tell it was a good decision- several nurses and even a medical student told me that Dr. Davidov had done surgery on a family member and reassured me that he would take great care of me. The operation went smoothly, all with small incisions, barely visible now. The pain after surgery wasn’t as bad as I had expected. He told me he used some numbing medicine during the surgery that must have made recovery easier. I can already tell that the operation is helping - I no longer have the same pain I had before the operation and no longer worry about waking up at night with terrible pain and nausea after going out to dinner. I highly recommend Dr. Davidov- he is a skilled and caring surgeon.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

I saw Dr. Davidov at the recommendation of the Robert Wood Johnson executive health program for a groin hernia that came back 1 year after a laparoscopic hernia repair in NYC. After meeting with Dr. Davidov in the office, I felt very comfortable and confident. Dr. Davidov is not only very knowledgeable with hernia surgery, he also has great bedside manner. He repaired my hernia through an open incision. Recovery after the operation was better than expected, surprisingly easier than my laparoscopic operation. I was back at work 3 days later. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

As someone that works at RWJUH, I can say that Dr. Davidov has a reputation for being an excellent surgeon and a caring person. He is well respected by the nurses here as well as by fellow doctors. My husband had hernia surgery with him which worked out great. He was able to return to work faster than expected. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2017

Not happy at all!! Just beware. Too tired and too much to write now. Go for a second opinon

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

I couldn't even get past this arrogant doctor's office staff for much-needed inguinal hernia surgery. I would check and verify each of these reviews very carefully!

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

DR. Davidvo is a caring and fantastic surgeon. Highly recommend. Had surgery for hernias. Everything is working out fine. Total satisfaction.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

Highly recommended! He cam recommended to me from another person who also used Dr. Davidov for his hernia surgery. Then after reading all of the positive reviews I decided to go with him as my surgeon. His beside manner is great and he had all of my questions answered before I even had a chance to ask them. I cancelled on a previous surgeon just so I can use him for my inguinal hernia surgery. The man knows what he's doing. It's been 14 months now since my surgery and 99% of the time I forget I even had a hernia!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

Dr. Davidov is a professional doctor who is also personal and caring. It was such a pleasure to have him as my surgeon. He did the surgery (hernia) without any problems, and cared for me afterwards. I recommend him highly!

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

Fantastic surgeon. I was diagnosed with a left inguinal hernia. Surgery was about an hour. I was doing 2-3 mile walks from day 1. Dr. Davidov uses a long acting non-narcotic pain medication that gives up to 3-4 days of relief from pain. I took 1 Tylenol the entire time. I'm 3 weeks out and can't speak enough how great the RWJ same day surgery staff and Dr. Davidov were. He is a progressive doctor who is up on the newest techniques for surgery, and as a professor at the medical school, is very skilled at explaining everything. His bedside manner is fantastic and refreshing in relation to many general surgeons who just want to do the cutting.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2014

Dr. DAVIDOV is a fantastic surgeon! My husband a hernia repaired and the surgery was much more complicated than he anticipated. Dr. Davidov truimph this challenge. THUMBS UP TO THIS SUPERB SURGEON!

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

Dr. Tomer Davidov's Credentials

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)

Molina