Ratings for Dr. Tomer Davidov

I saw Dr. Davidov for a second opinion about a large thyroid nodule after an unsatisfying visit with another surgeon. Dr. Davidov is an amazing doctor. He explained my thyroid problem in simple language I could understand and offered several options. I felt very comfortable with him. He also explained the operation and its risks. One of the risks of thyroid surgery is a weak voice from a paralyzed vocal cord. Thankfully, my thyroid surgery with Dr. Davidov turned out well and my voice has remained the same. I feel so much better after the operation. Dr. Davidov is not only a skilled thyroid surgeon, he is also a humble and caring doctor. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2018

Saw his name in the latest issue of NJ Monthly magazine as a “top doctor.” It took a while to get in to see him for my gallbladder problem, but fortunately my pain wasn’t so bad after my first gallbladder attack. Dr. Davidov is a very professional, polite, and caring doctor. He recommended laparoscopic removal of the gallbladder. After surgery, I was able to go home the same day and was back at work 10 days later. I feel so much better now. Glad I went with Dr. Davidov.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2018

Dr. Davidov gave me my life back! I had a huge hernia between my legs that I put off for years. The pain became unbearable. I saw two other surgeons, but both thought it was too big and too risky to repair. Took a while to get an appointment to see Dr Davidov, but I am so glad I got in. The moment I met Dr. Davidov, I felt at ease. He is confident and personable. He took on my case. After sending me to several specialists to get my body in shape for surgery, Dr. Davidov fixed my melon sized hernia. Recovery did take 1-2 weeks, but I no longer have a giant hernia and feel like a normal person again. I can’t thank him enough!

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018

I came to the ER with horrible stomach and back pain one night and was diagnosed with gallstones. ER doctor sent me home and recommended I see Dr. Davidov. Dr. Davidov is a very knowledgeable and caring surgeon. After reviewing my case, he recommended gallbladder surgery. When I asked him many questions about alternatives to surgery, he did not feel threatened nor defensive, but welcomed the questions and gave great explanations. Dr. Davidov has a gift for explaining things- no wonder he has received so many teaching awards. The day I arrived in the hospital for my operation, I could tell it was a good decision- several nurses and even a medical student told me that Dr. Davidov had done surgery on a family member and reassured me that he would take great care of me. The operation went smoothly, all with small incisions, barely visible now. The pain after surgery wasn’t as bad as I had expected. He told me he used some numbing medicine during the surgery that must have made recovery easier. I can already tell that the operation is helping - I no longer have the same pain I had before the operation and no longer worry about waking up at night with terrible pain and nausea after going out to dinner. I highly recommend Dr. Davidov- he is a skilled and caring surgeon.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

I saw Dr. Davidov at the recommendation of the Robert Wood Johnson executive health program for a groin hernia that came back 1 year after a laparoscopic hernia repair in NYC. After meeting with Dr. Davidov in the office, I felt very comfortable and confident. Dr. Davidov is not only very knowledgeable with hernia surgery, he also has great bedside manner. He repaired my hernia through an open incision. Recovery after the operation was better than expected, surprisingly easier than my laparoscopic operation. I was back at work 3 days later. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

As someone that works at RWJUH, I can say that Dr. Davidov has a reputation for being an excellent surgeon and a caring person. He is well respected by the nurses here as well as by fellow doctors. My husband had hernia surgery with him which worked out great. He was able to return to work faster than expected. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2017

Not happy at all!! Just beware. Too tired and too much to write now. Go for a second opinon

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

I couldn't even get past this arrogant doctor's office staff for much-needed inguinal hernia surgery. I would check and verify each of these reviews very carefully!

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

DR. Davidvo is a caring and fantastic surgeon. Highly recommend. Had surgery for hernias. Everything is working out fine. Total satisfaction.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

Highly recommended! He cam recommended to me from another person who also used Dr. Davidov for his hernia surgery. Then after reading all of the positive reviews I decided to go with him as my surgeon. His beside manner is great and he had all of my questions answered before I even had a chance to ask them. I cancelled on a previous surgeon just so I can use him for my inguinal hernia surgery. The man knows what he's doing. It's been 14 months now since my surgery and 99% of the time I forget I even had a hernia!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

Dr. Tomer Davidov's Credentials

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)

Arise Health Plan