Ratings for Dr. Lora Morrice

Shamed me for having back pain, I went to see her at least ten times in 6 months for excruciating back pain. Prescribed Tylenol and ibuprofen. I finally went to ER had CT done and I have multiple crushed discs. I am awaiting surgery and getting the pain meds I need. This doctor should be ashamed of herself.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2018

Assembly line medicine. She is way more concerned about keeping your visit to 10 minutes then to actually helping you. This has resulted in providing very poor hurried care.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2018

Very unhappy with her, used to be much better. Doesn’t listen, misdiagnosed me despite explaining symptoms clearly to her. Time to retire.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2018

Some visits are better than others. She is not a good listener. Orders tests abruptly and sends you off. I have wasted a lot of time because of being misdiagnosed by her.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2018

I love Dr. Morrice, finally a doctor that takes time and care. The best doctor I've ever had.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2018

I have been seeing Doctor Morrice for over 10 years. She is wonderful and very compassionate. She is warm and caring. She address every issue presented to her. I feel she is a excellent Doctor. She is very knowledgeable and sends on to specialist when need. I would highly recommend her

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

Dr. Morrice's practice is well organized, it seems. Her staff is friendly and helpful. I never had to sit and wait for long in her waiting room. Ms. Morrice does not come across as a warm and caring person, though. She is very business-like and at times I feel she is bothered by my visit and need of medical help. A smile and a kind word here and there would go a long way!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

Dr. Morrice has been my GP for years now and has always been pleasant with me. She is very knowledgable and I found her very compassionate. It's true most visits are limited to one issue per visit unless otherwise specified while booking appointment - so if you are going with multiple issues, maybe mention it to the MOA so they can schedule for more time. Dr. Morrice has been amazing and has referred me on to amazing people if necessary - she askes the appropriate questions to figure out what the next step. She may be short, but she has other people she needs to deal with so small talk is out of the question understandably. Every visit with her has be pleasant and productive, keep in mind she's human and she's managing the best she can with a full case load. I, personally am very happy with her.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

Have been going to her for the past 6 years, her level of knowledge and concern has gone down dramatically - she makes assumptions, pre-judges, and makes mistakes. Won't trust her anymore, I'd rather go to a walk-in clinic.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

I have just started seeing Dr. Morrice, and I have to say, so far so good. I feel lucky to see have her as a Doctor. I like that she runs her office like a business and has a well set out format for appointments. I have had no trouble getting appts. And in fact, have got in the same day for prescription renewals. She is very efficient , listens well, and is quick to deal with issues. She referred me to a specialist a month ago and I'm already going today. Amazing. I just came from a Doctors office, that was a gong show, weeks to get an appointment, then would run sometimes over an hour late, never scheduled referrals, you had to keep bugging, really bad. I guess that's why I'm so happy to be in the care of a very efficiently run office and a great Doctor. Sometimes as patients we wait to long and develop a long list, which cause long visits with the doctor and I think maybe all things don't get handled as well if we went when we should...too much info. We need Doctors in BC especially Victoria, so as patients, we need to help our Doctors help us, not burn them out by dumping too much on them. I'm happy, feel treated respectfully by the Doctor and the staff and do my best to treat them the same.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014