Ratings for Dr. Lora Morrice

I have been seeing Doctor Morrice for over 10 years. She is wonderful and very compassionate. She is warm and caring. She address every issue presented to her. I feel she is a excellent Doctor. She is very knowledgeable and sends on to specialist when need. I would highly recommend her

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

Dr. Morrice's practice is well organized, it seems. Her staff is friendly and helpful. I never had to sit and wait for long in her waiting room. Ms. Morrice does not come across as a warm and caring person, though. She is very business-like and at times I feel she is bothered by my visit and need of medical help. A smile and a kind word here and there would go a long way!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

Dr. Morrice has been my GP for years now and has always been pleasant with me. She is very knowledgable and I found her very compassionate. It's true most visits are limited to one issue per visit unless otherwise specified while booking appointment - so if you are going with multiple issues, maybe mention it to the MOA so they can schedule for more time. Dr. Morrice has been amazing and has referred me on to amazing people if necessary - she askes the appropriate questions to figure out what the next step. She may be short, but she has other people she needs to deal with so small talk is out of the question understandably. Every visit with her has be pleasant and productive, keep in mind she's human and she's managing the best she can with a full case load. I, personally am very happy with her.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

Have been going to her for the past 6 years, her level of knowledge and concern has gone down dramatically - she makes assumptions, pre-judges, and makes mistakes. Won't trust her anymore, I'd rather go to a walk-in clinic.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

I have just started seeing Dr. Morrice, and I have to say, so far so good. I feel lucky to see have her as a Doctor. I like that she runs her office like a business and has a well set out format for appointments. I have had no trouble getting appts. And in fact, have got in the same day for prescription renewals. She is very efficient , listens well, and is quick to deal with issues. She referred me to a specialist a month ago and I'm already going today. Amazing. I just came from a Doctors office, that was a gong show, weeks to get an appointment, then would run sometimes over an hour late, never scheduled referrals, you had to keep bugging, really bad. I guess that's why I'm so happy to be in the care of a very efficiently run office and a great Doctor. Sometimes as patients we wait to long and develop a long list, which cause long visits with the doctor and I think maybe all things don't get handled as well if we went when we should...too much info. We need Doctors in BC especially Victoria, so as patients, we need to help our Doctors help us, not burn them out by dumping too much on them. I'm happy, feel treated respectfully by the Doctor and the staff and do my best to treat them the same.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

I couldn't agree more with the previous review. I've been seeing Lora for years, and each time she makes me feel bad for asking questions or for attempting to dialogue. She's actually brought me to tears of frustration three times and today I finally walked out. Typically things escalate when she tries to diagnose me and i respectfully and sensitively ask a question about it, mention another thought I had about it or just generally try to dig a little deeper. She's very condescending and awkward. One needs to feel that their doctor will listen, but Lora seems grumpy the moment she walks in the door. I'm going to brave the long walk-in clinic lines from now on rather than seeing her. I would not recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2014

Came recommended. However.. She is very hard to schedule an appointment with (only works a few days and has too many patients) seems to take weeks to get in, and she's way out in central Saanich so its an event. Yet she will not address more than 1 medical question. Period. She refers you to her pamphlet which outlines this policy. I rarely see the doctor so on my last appointment I had 3 questions, she addressed 1, and sent me on my way, literally took 3 minutes of her time. (Took 3 wks to get in so 9 wks for all 3 questions answered???! She will not discuss medical results over the phone (unless you want to pay$$) you have to schedule an appointment. I am polite, I don't like to waste peoples time, I am pretty healthy and rarely see the doctor, but whenever I have gone in I feel rushed through and uncertain. She is unapproachable and seems arrogant. Google does a better job, too bad it can't make referrals and write prescriptions. Not a great family doctor. Maybe because I'm a guy(?)

flag | Submitted April 26, 2012

Dr. Morrice is just the kind of family doctor everyone should have. She is very engaged in her work, a good listener, has an easy-going attitude, and it is possible to see her on short notice when necessary.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2007

This woman is fabulous. I have a number of health problems, and she is methodical and serious about investigating symptoms I report. She really listens. Her manner is unfailingly gentle and polite, so I feel comfortable talking about very personal things with her. She understands the connection between mind and body, and is quite up-to-date regarding treatments and medications.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2007

Very polite, caring, friendly and knowledgable. Great family doctor. Great with small kids. She works 3 days a week. She doesn't delivery babies as she has small children of her own and does not want to be called away at all times of the day and night.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2007