Ratings for Dr. Robert L. Barrett

I have a small, superficial varicose vein on my leg, that is only a cosmetic problem. This man tried to lure me into a very expensive, totally unnecessary procedure that would have had an adverse effect on my health. He grossly exaggregated my condition to make the insurance pay for the treatment. He did not tell me from the beginning on, that he does not offer removal of varicose veins that are only a cosmetic issue. Instead, he subjected me to a very costly, time consuming ultrasound of both legs, although I did not have any complaints in either leg. He did not disclose the costs of the ultrasound and the invasive procedure that he planned to do - destroying one of the two mayor deep leg veins. After I asked several times, he told me that the hospital would charge $ 6,000 just for using the facility. I think, on top of this I would have had to pay his fee and the anaesthesia. In my opinion (I'm a physician myself) he was only after money and did not act in my interest.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2010

Dr. Robert L. Barrett's Credentials

• Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans (Grad. 1968)

MSP/BC Med