Ratings for Dr. Marilyn E. Pelias

i wrote my review a little under a year ago..... so..... this is a update.... Dr Pelias you are truely amazing every morning when i wake up and look at myself in the mirror ..... i say thank you Dr. Pelias .... you gave me my beautiful face back again ....let me explain .... i wrote the post before this so go read that one and come back to this ........ there are no words to describe the feeling joy i felt when i first saw my gorgeous whole face for the first time in years...Wow...i still got it going on at 61....the left side of my face is now the same as my right....Dr Pelias....i am so glad you are younger then me.....so you can keep me beautiful until i die

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

I am 60 years old...and modeled for most of my life.... lived all over the world... I have had plastic surgery overseas and in this country many times by many different doctors... also I have worked for a plastic surgeon.. So I feel more than well qualified to speak on my behalf and on others behalf... I have read all of his 8 comments left by these different patients out of the thousands of procedures Dr Pelias does a year only 5 patients had a problem which may I add one was from 8 years ago and she is complaining now that is like me having a facelift and 8 years later going back and telling the doctor my face is aging i want my money back ... now to my story after having many many cosmetic surgeries and just moving to new Orleans I was recommended to Dr Pelias by a friend .....I Had a horrible accident happen to me which without realizing it through time took most of the fatty tissue from the left side of my face.... so literally my face started to look deflated on the left side... Dr Pelias with all her knowledge using injectables put together a plan to reconstruct the left side of my face ....OMG 5 months later and we are still not done i am so proud to look at my self in the mirror again .....before even going to stores i hated looking at my self ...... now every morning I wake up and feel so blessed to feel confident about myself again and do not need make up neither .... Out of all the cosmetic surgeons I have been to Dr Pelias is one of the most knowledgeable, gracious and qualified Dr.'s i have had the pleasure to put my face and my trust in ....thank you for allowing me to express my story on this site

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014

Dr. Pelias severely burned me in a laser hair removal treatment and refused to see me afterwards. 8 years later, a friend came across her information and suggested that I contact her about the scarring that remains. She rolled her eyes at me (I noticed this in another comment on this site)and said people get burned all the time, reminding me that I signed a waiver. She is irresponsible and rude. I highly recommend Dr. Khoobehi, he saw me after the incident- he and his staff are top notch.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013

As a guy I suffered all my life with the embarrassment of having man "boobs". Dr. Pelias and her staff made me feel so comfortable. The staff is great and so polite. I was so happy with my surgery and I can honestly say it changed my life. Thank you Dr.Pelias!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2013

Dr. Pelais is horrable I feel so bad about myself since I let her touch me. She put filler in my lip when I had only went there to get her to take a line out from above my lip and all she did was strech my skin out and made it worse than ever. I went back to her 2 times after she did the procedure to get her to take it out and she looked at me like i was crazy so i had to go to another Dr. to get him to take it out and he basically said that she didnt know what she was doing because of how she injected me. I ordered a product from them and after a month and a half they still didnt get it to me. She doesnt explain anything to you before she does the procedure.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2012

She was totally defensive when I complained about the Zerona Laser procedure. I didn't work and she would pay my money back after she guarenteed the procedure. She copped a really bad attitude and wanted me to pay for more procedures. And the office was really dirty.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2011

She lifted my face and left noticeable scars in front of my ears. She gave me a skin peel on my chest and it looked much worse AFTER the treatment. Not good at all, plus she is not Board certified.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2011

I found the staff pushy, too chummy, and not discreet. The Doctor was a bit smug, as she told me what I wanted, instead of asking me. When I attempted to explain my needs, I was again told what I wanted. There is a hard sell for services/products as well. Overall, for me, it was an uncomfortable experience. Regardless of expertise, I'd prefer a doctor who listens and doesn't try to sell products or services.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2011

Dr. Pelias is an Excellent Doctor! Her experience and knowledge are surpassed only by her bedside manner.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2011

competant, compassionate, wonderful bedside manner

flag | Submitted September 29, 2010

Dr. Marilyn E. Pelias's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Tulane Univ Sch Of Med, New Orleans La 70112 (Grad. 1988)

• Aetna Retired Teachers