Ratings for Dr. Kenneth J. Champagne

The first experiences we had with Dr Cham page were emergency surgery related. I could not stand him, though he seemed a skilled surgeon. Over the years I've mellowed. If you can't take the unvarnished truth about your weight etc --don't go see him. However, he is a very fine surgeon and there is a sense of humor and caring butied there. Wonderful staff too. A shame about his bedside manner, but I'm trusting him to keep my husband alive.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2016

Found him to be pleasant during and after examination and was very skilled before and after operation. Might be a tad blunt but I am not there to become his best friend.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

Horrible Horrible Doctor!!!! Plenty more out there who are caring and will help you! He has poor bed side manners and I would NEVER reccommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

Poor bed side manner. I had filled out questionnaire before my visit. He did not review as I had to point out the information on the form. Upon completion of my exam, he said:"I Will see you in two years "If you are still with us". I will search for another doctor. I do not recommend him. He is very uncaring to his patients.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2014

Prior to my operation (hemorrhoidectomy) I read Dr. Champagne's reviews on this and other sites. They seemed mixed. But I liked him very much. Yes, he is a tad blunt when it comes to bedside manner, but another way of looking at this is that he is very straightforward. As far as the actual operation, it could not have gone better and was no big deal. The recovery, of course, was the big deal, and it took about a week for me to return to "near normal." The good news, however, was that he told me I could eat anything I wanted after the operation -- pizza, whatever. I thought I'd have to eat jello or chicken brother for a week, but nope! He saw me three times as follow-up to the operation and all went well. So you might overlook the fact that he's a little terse, because I found him to be very skilled, and he did indeed solve my medical problem.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2013

I came to 2 apts, both w what I wanted to share w the Dr. & a couple of questions written down so I wouldn't forget. *Neither* time was I able to do so. One time I asked him if I could share what I wanted to before he examined me. At the start of the 2nd sentence, he put his hand INSIDE me (just after I asked him to wait) & proceeded to start talking. I was never able to read (again) what I brought to share. Horrible bed-side manner. No regard for the patient's intellect or wisdom about their own body and experience or previous Dr's findings. Zero listening skills. Lacking in kindness or empathy of any kind. Find another Dr. There are *plenty* of Dr's in the world who will listen to you and work as a TEAM to determine what is going on and what is best for your care. I also left sobbing. He never once called to follow up, cared in the least that I was in such distress or considered my opinion or thoughts of the least regard. Horrible, horrible experience.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2012

Dr. Kenneth J. Champagne's Credentials

• Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans (Grad. 1983)

Delta Dental